Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Whatever happened to Matt Drudge?

Great interview of a writer who did a book on Matt Drudge. Somewhat answers some of the questions concerning The Drudge Report's abrupt shift over the past few years.

https://soundcloud.com/the-derek-hun...-drudge-report

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Trump pissed him off in a tweet...so he's pretty much a snot sucking commie now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBob View Post
    Trump pissed him off in a tweet...so he's pretty much a snot sucking commie now.
    I heard Levin mention something to this effect on his radio show the other day. Iím not a daily news junkie so I havenít seen much of his recent stuff, but he basically said that Grudge is mainstream now and pushes the narrative.
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

User Info Menu

His check from the DNC cleared.
    Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

User Info Menu

Well, if you listen to the interview, Drudge was never really a conservative. He and Breitbart butted heads about anti-Obama stories, and Drudge even told him, "I don't care if Obama is bad for the country, he's great for my website."

User Info Menu

Lots of alternatives to Drudge if you look for them. Hard to break the habit of checking his page, BUT, I'm increasingly finding that the Drudge Report provides no added value as there's little on his page that can't be found by scanning the mainstream media. At the same time, I've found a number of interesting pieces scanning other aggregators. Things that WOULD have been on Drudge back in in "the day," but he ignores now to further the narrative.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTScribe View Post
    Well, if you listen to the interview, Drudge was never really a conservative. He and Breitbart butted heads about anti-Obama stories, and Drudge even told him, "I don't care if Obama is bad for the country, he's great for my website."
    Thus proving it is all about the money. Revenue streams. Click bait monetizing etc and so on.

Follow the money.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

The Drudge Report, as you remember it, has been sold and new ownership if left leaning.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Arianna Huffington...

...$$$
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhrlaw View Post
    The Drudge Report, as you remember it, has been sold and new ownership if left leaning.
    Did you listen the interview? The author of the book found no evidence to support that, and everyone he interviewed who knows him doubts Drudge's ego would permit him to let someone else to run it.