• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Is anyone taking credit for the rioting or is it simple thuggeries and profit taking?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wondered when this would show up. I traveled to Chicago for work several times. The last time I was there, the beggars at every doorway took the mile off my places to visit. Used to be, you could ride the train to Chicago, shop, hang out on the beach, and watch a ball game, and only feel grimey. Now you have to worry about feeling safe.
    That's where downtown Indianapolis is now. We get the economy we deserve.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just like the guns used in Chicago crime, I'm sure all those rioters came from Indiana.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Always fun to read Chicago activity from a police perspective. Follow...

Second City Cop

For the most recent riot scroll down to the post... Citywide 10-1.....Again

Should be fun to read the comments once they open the posting up.

Cars dropped off more people as the crowd grew. At least one U-Haul van was seen pulling up.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was going to say the people of Chicago keep electing "leaders" who have no idea how to lead, and couldn't figure out how to get out of a paper bag if they were given a knife and blow-torch, but after talking to my daughter who unfortunately lives in Chicago, I found people don't really elect officials. With the way the Illinois paper ballets are handed out, and no security in how they are protected, there is very little doubt in my mind how these morons rose to levels of power that allow rioting being allowed and police not allowed to do anything about it.

I remember as a kid growing up in New York City, back then seeing signs saying "Looters will be shot on sight". Didn't have much of this style rioting back then.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the most disturbing part... It wasnt mobs walking along smashing and grabbing. The report I saw said cars would drive up to a store, thugs would jump out, smash and grab, and jump back in the cars before cops could respond.
    Cops were mostly behind the 8 ball the entire night responding to empty crime scenes.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Police were shot at trying to make an arrest last night 8 miles south of downtown. The arrest of of a suspect with his gun, prompted a neighborhood uprising which in turn caused a mass cell communication to thousands to converge on downtown and loot.

100 looters out of what looked like 1000's were arrested.

They started around midnight. I was up at 5:30 CST and turned on my TV to view scumbags still looting at 6:30.

The Police have had 9 incidents where they came under fire last week.

Half the residents of Chicago's south and west sides are watching their new TV's today.

I live 25 miles from this mess. I lived in Chicago for 20 years (40 yrs ago). It's decline can be traced to only 2 or 3 major factors. At this rate Chicago will be the new Detroit.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The class where I learned a lot about insurance was, "Risk Management", not "Committing Felonies is OK". Nothing says I'm here for the greater good like looting a Louis Vuitton store.--KellyinAvon, 2020

Black Lives Matter holds rally in Chicago to support those arrested after looting, unrest

Black Lives Matter members in Chicago held a rally on Monday to support the more than 100 arrested last night following widespread looting and rioting that caused at least $60 million in property damage and saw 13 police officers injured, according to a report.

The rally was organized by Black Lives Matter Chicago and was held at a police station in the South Loop where organizers say individuals are currently being held in custody. At least one organizer called the looting tantamount to "reparations."

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” said Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, according to NBC Chicago. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

“That is reparations,” Atkins continued. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

The unrest was prompted by a social media post urging people to converge on Chicago’s business district after police shot a man on the South Side around 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
    CHICAGO RAISES BRIDGES, RESTRICTS DOWNTOWN ACCESS TO TRY AND PREVENT MORE RIOTING

Officers had responded to a call about a man with a gun in the Englewood neighborhood. While being pursued by police, the man, who was on foot, “turned and fired shots” at officers before being struck himself and taken to a local hospital, Deputy Chief Delonda Tally told Fox 32 Chicago.

Latrell Allen, 20, was charged with attempted murder Monday after firing on officers, according to Chicago police. A video posted on Facebook around 6:30 p.m. falsely claimed that officers had shot and killed a 15-year-old boy.

The shooting prompted hundreds of people to descend on downtown Chicago early Monday with vandals smashing the windows of dozens of businesses and making off with merchandise, cash machines and anything else they could carry, police said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-chicago-support-arrested-looting-unrest

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Coming to a neighborhood near you.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

I'm considering buying enough plywood for every window in my house 'just in case' and pre-cut to fit for installation into the interior of the window frames with timber bolts.

I live in a realtively 'safe' part of the city inside the 465, but we all know this spreads like cancer if not treated at the source. This Mayor will get exactly what he deserves someday...they'll be at his door step before long.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yea. Point being?

Point being we haven't seen the level of violence/rioting that Seattle, Portland and Minneapolis have experienced, but things are definitely pointed in the same direction. Damage from earlier riots has not been fixed. Large "black lives matter" murals. Police overly restrained from enforcing the law. Etc. The concern is about destroying the city much like those others.

Observing those other cities points towards a possible disturbing future for Indianapolis enabled by Democrat large city administrations.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think a part of the fallout of the pandemic is that it has been shown that intellectual jobs can be performed from home just as well as from an office. The consequence of that will be businesses questioning why they need to have offices in large cities. That will lead to a continuing loss of tax revenue. The downward spiral has begun for many large cities, they just don't all know it yet.

Top Bottom