Need book recommendation refuting Trump hatred...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Someone I work with left two books for me to read after a group-text discussion that turned from medical to political...

One is a rather thick book simply titled The Mueller Report, and this is the other:

ETTD book.jpg

She requested that I read it, and in return promised that she would read a similar book expressing the opposite political view.

She is convinced that Trump 'colluded with Russia' and that he is a thoroughly despicable person (racist, homophobe, and the usual B.S.)

I would be interested in opinions for other books that would be useful to help enlighten a woman who has been immersed in Trump Derangement Syndrome from all of her friends.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    The best I think would to be bringing her the declassified documents that beyond doubt show the steel report was completely unreliable and the unclassified document showing FBI leaders were briefed on this fact and that multiple sources indicated that there was no "there" there and even more the declassified documents showing top fbi and democrat officials intentionally lied to get FISA warrants and intentionally lied a second time to the courts to get the warrants renewed. There are hundreds of documents that trump and barr had declassified so they could come out under FOIA. some of which show the objections by others in the FBI that what muller and strock were doing was wrong and even illegal. Lying under oath to the FISA courts itself speaks to the character of those that did so.. i can't think of a book per.say but I bet you could put together a pretty convincing fact based document of these people essentially damning and discrediting themselves

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Find a copy of Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare by Hoffman.
    It's pre-Trump but it gets deeply into the techniques used that have produced TDS.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "Spygate" by Dan Bongino is a good one that I have personally read that factually refutes all of the bogus Russia Collusion stuff. It uses mostly left leaning news soures which are meticulously cited. It was one of the earliest books to come out on the topic, so there are probably newer books that cover more of what's come to light in the last few months.

Ball of Collusion by Andrew McCarty is a more recent. I haven't read it, but Rush Limbaugh raved about it when it came out.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/ball-...RkaAjj_EALw_wcB#isbn=1641770252&idiq=40382247

It should come as no surprise that when I did a search for "books debunking Trump Russia Collusion" a vast majority of the results were books from leftists claiming proof of Collusion.

Side note. Someone with TDS might not be open to the idea of Orange Man not being so bad. Perhaps instead of a book focused on Trump, you suggest something from Thomas Sowell that covers economic and social destruction caused by leftist policies. Discrimination and Disparities might be a good one but I have not personally read it.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'd 100% agree.
    Combo I would choose for a "blue no matter who" person would be:

1) Hillbilly Elegy (J. D. Vance) -- why right populism is appealing to poor white people.

2) Listen, Liberal (Thomas Frank) -- the fundamental eliteism and abandonment of the working class by the Dems.

Vance is a lowercase r republican, Frank is a hard lefty.

You're not gunna get a lefty to like Trump. Your best outcome is to get them to understand why people voted for him. Once that's done, the cracks in the media narrative shine bright.

I still dislike Trump, but TDS looks like a 1k lumen tactical light to me.

Side note. Someone with TDS might not be open to the idea of Orange Man not being so bad. Perhaps instead of a book focused on Trump, you suggest something from Thomas Sowell that covers economic and social destruction caused by leftist policies. Discrimination and Disparities might be a good one but I have not personally read it.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Some good ideas. I will order the '21 lies' one for sure.

I'll try to post pics of some of the books along these lines I've read over the past 3 years or so, if I can get the decent phone signal I need to upload photos.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'd recommend the Horowitz Report. I picked up a copy for about $20 I think.

I also have a copy of Listen Liberal, but haven't started it yet.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone I work with left two books for me to read after a group-text discussion that turned from medical to political...

One is a rather thick book simply titled The Mueller Report, and this is the other:

View attachment 90249

She requested that I read it, and in return promised that she would read a similar book expressing the opposite political view.

She is convinced that Trump 'colluded with Russia' and that he is a thoroughly despicable person (racist, homophobe, and the usual B.S.)

I would be interested in opinions for other books that would be useful to help enlighten a woman who has been immersed in Trump Derangement Syndrome from all of her friends.

I dunno. No one's mind will be changed if you're just throwing books at each other. I think that's pointless. And I kinda think if you're asking for help debunking someone else's belief, that kinda impugns your own reasoning. If you're being rational, and you already believe those books are wrong, how did you arrive at that belief without the knowledge you seek from the resources you're asking about? If they're wrong, you should know they're wrong from facts you've learned yourself. I think asking for help debunking something you believe is false is an indication that you might believe what you believe because of bias rather than because of facts.

If it were me, I would read those books to gain an understanding of the most condemning points to my own beliefs, and then research to see which points are actually true. And then along the way, I would undoubtedly find some claims that are false--it is a partisan book after all. And among those that are false, some will be totally false. But some will be partially true. So then after understanding the other point of view better, I'd start off the next conversation with admitting what they got right. And then I'd get into what they got wrong, and why it's wrong. And then I'd get into whatever conclusions I've drawn from the experience.

Undoubtedly though that experience, my understanding of reality would change at least a little. Just because they're on the other side doesn't mean they're 100% wrong. Even if they're 99% wrong, then the 1% of what I find right is still information that I didn't know before.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    The main reason alot of the power player hate trump....well.was it one of the Rothschild that said "that man is single handedly going to destroy the new world order" which believe it or not is the exact reason some of us voted for him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015

Uh. If you have to get on an internet forum to search out books that you have not read, to support a position you hold, as THOUGH you read them, and to support yourself in an argument with an informed coworker...

.... maybe just let her win next time.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That saying about living in an age of universal deceit...

With Americans who hate President Trump, a big problem in trying to change their minds is that their reality, their vision of the world they live in, is for the most part fictitious (a different fiction from the one that so many Trump supporters believe that they live in). So if you were going to try to talk some sense to a TDS sufferer the first snag is to bring them into your world, which ever one that might be. They'll be thrashing around the because of having their emotional security (comfort zone) disturbed. You try to undermine someone's perception of their world and you got a job on your hands because there's a point at which they pull back, their willingness to employ reason goes away. It's knee jerk but that's the way people are.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I dunno. No one's mind will be changed if you're just throwing books at each other. I think that's pointless. And I kinda think if you're asking for help debunking someone else's belief, that kinda impugns your own reasoning. If you're being rational, and you already believe those books are wrong, how did you arrive at that belief without the knowledge you seek from the resources you're asking about? If they're wrong, you should know they're wrong from facts you've learned yourself. I think asking for help debunking something you believe is false is an indication that you might believe what you believe because of bias rather than because of facts.

If it were me, I would read those books to gain an understanding of the most condemning points to my own beliefs, and then research to see which points are actually true. And then along the way, I would undoubtedly find some claims that are false--it is a partisan book after all. And among those that are false, some will be totally false. But some will be partially true. So then after understanding the other point of view better, I'd start off the next conversation with admitting what they got right. And then I'd get into what they got wrong, and why it's wrong. And then I'd get into whatever conclusions I've drawn from the experience.

Undoubtedly though that experience, my understanding of reality would change at least a little. Just because they're on the other side doesn't mean they're 100% wrong. Even if they're 99% wrong, then the 1% of what I find right is still information that I didn't know before.

Uh. If you have to get on an internet forum to search out books that you have not read, to support a position you hold, as THOUGH you read them, and to support yourself in an argument with an informed coworker...

.... maybe just let her win next time.

Perhaps, it would be better idea in the future to read and respond(or not) to what was actually written before jumping immediately to assumptions and criticism. The OP may actually be less well versed in the subjects than you are, in which case providing some actual assistance would probably be the better way to go, or he may be knowledgeable but simply prefer other media over books. It is not as though books are the only source of information these days but they were the type of media specified by the other person in the discussion. Maybe it is just me but it seems wrong and more than a little ironic, to lecture the OP based on the assumption that he is uniformed(talk about real bias) instead of helping them to get more informed.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps, it would be better idea in the future to read and respond(or not) to what was actually written before jumping immediately to assumptions and criticism. The OP may actually be less well versed in the subjects than you are, in which case providing some actual assistance would probably be the better way to go, or he may be knowledgeable but simply prefer other media over books. It is not as though books are the only source of information these days but they were the type of media specified by the other person in the discussion. Maybe it is just me but it seems wrong and more than a little ironic, to lecture the OP based on the assumption that he is uniformed(talk about real bias) instead of helping them to get more informed.
    Lol. If he believes he’s right and she’s wrong, yet needs help explaining why, then upon what was the belief based?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

View attachment 90249

Lol. If he believes he’s right and she’s wrong, yet needs help explaining why, then upon what was the belief based?

That was not what the OP asked, he asked specifically for "books" because she asked for "books", not a debate with him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom