• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I came across a article about a project being headed up by Bill Gate called "ID 2020 Project"

I would love to hear other people's take on this. 1st check it out so you know it is actually a real thing and let's hear what you think

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I came across a article about a project being headed up by Bill Gate called "ID 2020 Project"

I would love to hear other people's take on this. 1st check it out so you know it is actually a real thing and let's hear what you think

Anything's got to be better than the current situation of simply giving my birthdate to a nurse on the phone then being able to hear my life's medical history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID2020

Seems pretty innocuous, but I'm sure it's spun to be some plan from Satan.

At least the goal looks quite noble.
    https://id2020.org/manifesto

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hadnt heard of it and googled it.

https://id2020.org/
    Since 2016, ID2020 has advocated for ethical, privacy-protecting approaches to digital ID.For the one in seven people globally who lacks a means to prove their identity, digital ID offers access to vital social services and enables them to exercise their rights as citizens and voters and participate in the modern economy. But doing digital ID right means protecting civil liberties and putting control over personal data back where it belongs...in the hands of the individual.Every day, we rely on a variety of forms of identification to go about our lives: our driver’s license, passport, work badge and building access cards, debit and credit cards, transit passes, and more.But technology is evolving at a blinding pace and many of the transactions that require identification are today being conducted digitally. From e-passports to digital wallets, online banking to social media accounts, these new forms of digital ID allow us to travel, conduct business, access financial and health records, stay connected, and much more.While the move to digital ID has had many positive effects, it has been accompanied by countless challenges and setbacks, including large-scale data breaches affecting millions of people. Most of the current tools are archaic, insecure, lack appropriate privacy protections and commoditize our data. But that’s about to change and ID2020 is leading the charge.We are businesses, nonprofits, governments and individuals...working in collaboration to ensure that the future of digital identity is, indeed, #goodID.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looking at it from a global scale, this is a huge boon to third-world peoples.

Looking at locally, I see this a potentially reducing identity theft.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Call me the suspicious type but this may start out a good and noble idea but it would soon be corrupted. Especially if the Govt gets involved. Their history with good/noble projects/programs is questionable at best.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Call me the suspicious type but this may start out a good and noble idea but it would soon be corrupted. Especially if the Govt gets involved. Their history with good/noble projects/programs is questionable at best.
    I can not disagree, there is a very long list of noble ideas the ended very badly

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I think it could definitely be used for good if used wisely. Unfortunately lack of wisdom seems to be a bigger and bigger issue, especially over the last few decades as higher education has been spitting out endoctrimated students.

I think history is full of alleged good intentions leading to atrocities.

Let me as this, regardless of you religious views.. just for the sake of this conversation... if a bill was passed that said you have to receive a mark, chip or tattoo etc to be allowed into a grocery store, or have a bank account, or to use money or to .... fill in the blank.. would you comply?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With apologies to Tolkein

One [profile] to rule them all, One [profile] to find them,
    One [profile] to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

No thanks. Nothing about current efforts toward such ends makes me in any way confident it will do anything more than make it simpler to breach all aspects of a persons life simultaneously while getting the NSA all sticky

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    With apologies to Tolkein

One [profile] to rule them all, One [profile] to find them,
    One [profile] to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

No thanks. Nothing about current efforts toward such ends makes me in any way confident it will do anything more than make it simpler to breach all aspects of a persons life simultaneously while getting the NSA all sticky
    I agree with that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Um, that videos about nuclear energy. :dunno:

Pay closer attention. It's part of the agenda overtly slipped in. Here's an excerpt of it to get to the point faster.

[video=youtube;4vzFeiKH1jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzFeiKH1jQ[/video]

Go to 2:10 for the short of it.

He explicitly says through new vaccines and healthcare we can REDUCE our population growth.

The guy is just obsessed with playing god and has been for many years, I'm surprised by all the people just now learning of this and pretending it's new.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Pay closer attention. It's part of the agenda overtly slipped in.

[video=youtube;4vzFeiKH1jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzFeiKH1jQ[/video]

Go to 2:10 for the short of it.
    Population control....i seem to remember it being discussed on a video on YouTube that was the EU council discussing agenda 21 (their name for it , not mine) but i reckon this whole "new world order" thing is just a crazy conspiracy theory

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Population control....i seem to remember it being discussed on a video on YouTube that was the EU council discussing agenda 21 (their name for it , not mine) but i reckon this whole "new world order" thing is just a crazy conspiracy theory

It's less of a new world order, and more of a quiet agreement between a bunch of people to adopt policy positions to advance causes in the agenda.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It's less of a new world order, and more of a quiet agreement between a bunch of people to adopt policy positions to advance causes in the agenda.
    I definitely would not disagree with that statement and I would add that there really is nothing "new" about it, its a war that has been raging since the dawn of humanity

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I'm glad you all are throwing your thoughts in on this wether I disagree or not.. i was really curious to see where people take this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I looked at their website, I couldn't help but notice that they talk "about" it, but they never come out and say what it would be. An ID card? Microchip? They dance all around it but really provide very little information about how it would work exactly. Wonder why that is?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    When I looked at their website, I couldn't help but notice that they talk "about" it, but they never come out and say what it would be. An ID card? Microchip? They dance all around it but really provide very little information about how it would work exactly. Wonder why that is?
    Right, that's kinda what made my spider senses go off, how vague they were about some of it, that and being in the IT world for 30 Years I know there is no such thing as digital security

Top Bottom