• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...awmakers-nominate-trump-for-nobel-peace-prize

"A pair of Norwegian lawmakers has nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after he signed an agreement with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday to work toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The nomination, reported by Norway's state broadcaster, NRK, comes a little more than a month after a group of House Republicans sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee formally requesting that the president be nominated for the coveted prize."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well you know he won’t get it even though he actually might have done something to earn it unlike his predecessor. I also heard he was nominated for the recent Israeli/UAE peacemaking.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well you know he won’t get it even though he actually might have done something to earn it unlike his predecessor. I also heard he was nominated for the recent Israeli/UAE peacemaking.
    I don't think he's killed enough children with drone strikes to get a peace prize yet.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    "A pair of Norwegian lawmakers has nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after he signed an agreement with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday to work toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

I asked myself, "why is there no mention of the UAE-Israel peace deal?" I normally consider The Hill to be a left leaning albeit more centrist and honest news source, so I wondered if this was just selective quoting, but low and behold, when I read the linked full article it says nothing!
    Next step, I went and double checked other news sources. An excerpt from the ACTUAL nomination letter:
    ...As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity... [President Trump also had] a key role in facilitating contact between conflicting parties and … creating new dynamics in other protracted conflicts, such as the Kashmir border dispute between India and Pakistan, and the conflict between North and South Korea, as well as dealing with the nuclear capabilities of North Korea.

North Korea is almost an after thought in the nomination compared to the real reason being the UAE-Israel peace deal, yet no mention from The Hill?!? I know you all have heard it so many times that you are sick of hearing it (I am!) but the media thinks Americans are all suckers and that they can lie to us without us catching it.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I am sure that the heads of those with TDS will explode with this one.

url
    giphy.gif

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I asked myself, "why is there no mention of the UAE-Israel peace deal?" I normally consider The Hill to be a left leaning albeit more centrist and honest news source, so I wondered if this was just selective quoting, but low and behold, when I read the linked full article it says nothing!
    Next step, I went and double checked other news sources. An excerpt from the ACTUAL nomination letter:

North Korea is almost an after thought in the nomination compared to the real reason being the UAE-Israel peace deal, yet no mention from The Hill?!? I know you all have heard it so many times that you are sick of hearing it (I am!) but the media thinks Americans are all suckers and that they can lie to us without us catching it.

The Hill article that the OP quoted from is from 2018. Oops.

Current Hill article: https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...nates-trump-for-nobel-prize-citing-israel-uae

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump has probably done the most work to actually earn it out of anyone in recent times.

Carter was the last president who didn't start any military action, before Trump.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Trump has probably done the most work to actually earn it out of anyone in recent times.

Carter was the last president who didn't start any military action, before Trump.

The first US president who has yet to start a war (or continue a previous war by sending even more troops like Obama did) in 40 years.
    First US president to set foot in North Korea for a peaceful talk with the North Korean leader.
    The UAE-Israel deal.

I think Trump just got nominated because of the UAE-Israel deal though.

Trump actually did stuff instead of Obama who got the prize for stuff he might do in the future because he seemed like a nice guy. :dunno:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Wasn't Carter POTUS during Eagle Claw, and the aborted attempt to rescue the hostages from the embassy in Iran?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Fellas, the "Peace Prize" and what's happening in our world makes me think about the deadly wound dealt to the globalist political system. That I think the wound may not be very far away down the timeline, and how the great leader most wonderfully destroys many through peace.

OK, it's back to work time. Later yall.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    He wasn't nominated for a second prize; he was nominated a second time for the same prize.

Nobel Prize with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster.

By the time he gets all the other Arab/Muslim nations to sign up, they'll have to put Silver OLCs on it.

"Make the Nobel Great Again"

Top Bottom