• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Every election it is sometimes humorous to watch the show. Now before I start my little political satire, I will point out that there are many voters that feel they are very well informed to make a voting decision.They actually took Government in college. They have been involved in D.C. They have dedicated their lives and career to really studying and being a student of Politics. They actually have spent time getting to know the candidates personally. They actually want to do a good job in preparing themselves to spend their vote wisely for the good present and future USA.

Now then, a quick look at voter turnout speaks volumes of how some Americans care. And of those that do vote , consider their homework on the candidates. The media puppeteers along with demographics of the voter can make for a very shallow decision. Some would say our election process is faulted by money, power and self serving Republicrats. Even on local levels, the character of a candidate can be spun and whitewashed with saturals of cash. Yet many will vote considering one issue or the prettiest commercials or signs.

Now you wouldn't hire a plumber into your home, a Doctor to operate, or even an attorney to represent you with so little to go on. And another thing I find funny is how if your vote is cast for the winning delegate, how many pick and choose which things they like and ignore or do not abide by other actions of their hero. Kinda reminds me of Religion. Let's just use whatever part we can make work in the moment and forget the rest.

One issue voting can be reckless and selfish at the same time.
    As a matter of fact, we would not pay someone for a job not done or screwed up, but we the people continue to fund the most wasteful GOA in history. So the talking heads try to sway us each day making our candidates look like Springer Guests. Facts are facts but to many perception is reality and they will print the legend.

Are we great again yet, or did I miss it?

Good luck and please show America that you care by trying hard to buy from American Corporations and use your informative vote wisely. On either side, especially with lobbyist, It is not what they want you to hear, but what you KNOW for SURE that counts.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Good luck and please show America that you care by trying hard to buy from American Corporations and use your informative vote wisely. On either side, especially with lobbyist, It is not what they want you to hear, but what you KNOW for SURE that counts.

Please show you care by trying hard to buy from American Corporations...that buy their labor from Americans. There is more to it than "Buying American." A company can be American, but run by worms.

PS - if you care about Trade, and need a voter guide...here's your clue:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...xpanded-china-trade/ar-BB18UyYO?ocid=msedgntp

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Please show you care by trying hard to buy from American Corporations...that buy their labor from Americans. There is more to it than "Buying American." A company can be American, but run by worms.

very true as it is confusing with many variants .... engineered in America... assembled in America.... originated in America....made with American parts etc etc....fact is it takes hard work and selfless acts to try to get a real American Product. More should try. Should be a tax credit for the households wiith the greatest percentage of real american products. Yes they can cost more, but I think the USA is worth it. Otherwise , I would move to Japan or Germany, China and Russia. Then, I could rent my grand babies out to Kathie Lee.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I was thinking Bruce Springsteen.

Me too.

tenor.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Voting decisions in a general election have become easy for me as time has progressed. My first decision box is 2A, if a candidate doesn't believe the citizenry should have guns, they see them as subjects, not citizens, and they never get my vote. Sometimes I've seen democrats with better economic ideas as it relates to me, but they must follow the gun control instructions from the national leadership and that ends my support before it ever begins.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    This reminds me of the aborted attempt by a certain member of the Winchester city council to ban citizens carrying firearms from the city building. Someone pointed out to her as diplomatically as possible that such a measure in such a conservative town was tantamount to political suicide, and the whole idea was shelved.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I like the 1993 forward Springsteen. Some scars on his butt improved his voice. And writing. Streets of Philadelphia is an amazing song.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like the 1993 forward Springsteen. Some scars on his butt improved his voice. And writing. Streets of Philadelphia is an amazing song.

I do like that song, but "Thunder Road" is still my favorite album. It could be because I had a crush on a very good looking girl that played saxophone in high school, so Clarence Clemons went a long way with ingratiating me with her, especially on "Jungle Land". :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I do like that song, but "Thunder Road" is still my favorite album. It could be because I had a crush on a very good looking girl that played saxophone in high school, so Clarence Clemons went a long way with ingratiating me with her, especially on "Jungle Land". :)

Funny how threads turn. Reminds me of a school social experiment we did.:):

Top Bottom