Speedway area

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A creature like Holcomb is an indictment of the entire self-satisfied Indiana GOP.

Let them sweat it out, and come what may get rid of this jerk and his hangers-on in future.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I simply can not vote for someone that feels they have the authority to shutter the House of the Lord.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.953mnc.com/2020/09/10/poll-suggest-support-for-gov-holcomb-slipping/

...poll from IndyPolitics shows support for Governor Eric Holcomb dropping, as Dr. Woody Myers is within six points of Holcomb in the race for Indiana governor.

Holcomb had a double-digit lead a few months ago.

The poll also revealed that 57% of likely voters believe Indiana is on the wrong track under Holcomb...

I'm not surprised. He's been acting very blue in a red state lately. But possibly a lot of that is messaging. For example, the way he explained his EO on masks made him sound like a tyrant. Had he explained himself, that the law making it a class B misdemeanor for disobeying an EO was already duly passed legislation, I think people would not have thought he was trying to declare a new crime by executive fiat. That spat he got into with the AG was needless. But even better, I'm sure many other states spell out what the penalty is for disobeying an EO. They managed not to announce their EO's by telling people what the penalty is for breaking it. So he brought that on himself.

But regardless, mandating masks pissed enough people off anyway, but extending the mandate put a number of people over the edge to not support him. More people are saying "**** Holcomb!"

CM is right. Holcomb stomped on his own pecker. He could possibly gain an instant poll leap if he wrote an EO today rescinding the mask mandate. That's not an opinion on whether it's wise or not, but I think it represents the reality of where we're at on the politics of coronavirus.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Punishing traitors is the most important thing you can do in politics. We are going to be wearing masks, regardless. The question is, do you want to be wearing masks, with the political wisdom of the mandate having been ratified by _both_ parties, and with absolute certainty you'll be living under this silly reactionist bull**** for the rest of your life, regardless which party the Governor is?

Or would you rather be wearing a mask, but with one party having been bracingly chastised for it and taught the lesson that they're supposed to be better than this? Delivered in a language that they understand?

Frankly, I have reached the point where I don't really think a Democrat governor can do much damage for four years before getting bounced, compared to what is already going on. I lived through Bayh. I lived through Lugar, too, while native Hoosiers returned him again and again to office with the same type of reasoning that's being used for Holcomb. This sort of thing is the reason why Hoosiers couldn't buy package liquor on Sundays for eons. The politicians know they can do it to you. Indiana voters are like black people in some respects. They keep voting for the same crap over and over, even when they know they're being taken for granted, because they cannot bear the thought of a flipping office changing hands.

At some point, we have to be mice or men. Being men (and women) sometimes requires sacrifice. Show Hokum the door.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The mask mandate definitely made my mind up. Ill be voting for Rainwater, and I'm starting to lean towards voting for Jorgensen as well.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Full disclosure: It isn't my call to make, but I would never chance a Democratic win for governor if for no other reason than if my state (like Indiana) allowed the governor to appoint the replacement for any senator or representative who steps down or dies before the completion of his term

You have only to contemplate what mischief could have ensued had Arizona had a Democratic governor when McCain died in 2018, who then appointed a Democrat to McCain's seat. Remember McCain's own petty revenge vote sunk the repeal of Obama care even though McCain had campaigned in favor of its repeal. Think about the damage a liberal Democrat sould have done in that seat

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    And the physical damage that could be done to Indy when that governor decides to encourage BLM and antifa riots and looting in the city with no repercussions just like a few other cities recently. Dumb idea.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    https://www.953mnc.com/2020/09/10/poll-suggest-support-for-gov-holcomb-slipping/

...poll from IndyPolitics shows support for Governor Eric Holcomb dropping, as Dr. Woody Myers is within six points of Holcomb in the race for Indiana governor.

Holcomb had a double-digit lead a few months ago.

The poll also revealed that 57% of likely voters believe Indiana is on the wrong track under Holcomb...

I know at least one voter that thinks Holcomb is a worthless piece of ****.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Recently moving to Indiana from the cesspool of Illinois where our governors go to jail, I have seen some bad governors including the one Illinois has now. I keep seeing all the people here that want to dump Holcomb because he is a RINO and agree and support this. However IMHO the time to do this was in the primary and if Rainwater wanted to be governor he should have run then. If Holcomb is defeated it will be by the democrat not a write-in.
    If he is defeated there will be about fifty people that will be saying he was defeated to punish him for being a RINO. The press and all the democrats will be saying he was defeated because Indiana is moving from a conservative state to a more liberal society. That is what the people of Indiana will hear for the next four years. If you want to send a real message to a RINO you must beat them in the primary with a real conservative then go forward and beat the liberal. That is how you send the correct message. Jim.

Top Bottom