Meanwhile, Down In The Bowels Of The Political Swamp...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, let's start off with that swamp creature Mitt Romney.

“It is not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used as an effort to damage political opponents,” Romney said blasting the Senate Homeland Security Committee’s probe into Hunter Biden’s dealings with Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings.

By this logic no politician can be investigated as it can be construed as "an effort to damage political opponents".

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/mitt-romney-slams-hunter-biden-burisma-probe-not-legitimate-role-government-used-effort-damage-political-opponents/

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And Lindsey Graham trying not to find the skeletons in the closet.

On May 1, 2019 Lindsey Graham, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, promised investigations on the Spygate scandal.
    He made the the comments during testimony by US Attorney General Bill Barr in front of the US Senate.

In October 2019 Maria Bartiromo confronted Lindsey Graham about his promise to call in deep state witnesses before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Lindsey lied and said he would call in deep state witnesses after the Horowitz Report was released in December.

He never did.

In a follow-up interview in 2019 Maria Bartiromo again confronted Senator Lindsey Graham about calling in deep state witnesses before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Lindsey later said he will wait to call witnesses until the General Flynn case was over.

In the past three months Lindsey has called three or four witnesses and treated them with kid gloves.

Now Lindsey is telling Republicans to “stay tuned.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It is, unfortunately, a viable political strategy to run for election/re-election on solving some thorny problem that government appears unable to make headway upon. Subsequently, you don't do much to solve that problem because you want to leverage the need to re-elect yourself in order to finally solve that thorny problem once and for all

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is obammy care repealed yet?

I seem to recall a bunch of Republicans swearing up and down how they would repeal obammy care.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    'Bammy care is about control. Repeal that and you best pack your bags because you won't be seeing DC no more.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

“It is not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used as an effort to damage political opponents,” Romney said blasting the Senate Homeland Security Committee’s probe into Hunter Biden’s dealings with Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings.

By this logic no politician can be investigated as it can be construed as "an effort to damage political opponents".

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/mitt-romney-slams-hunter-biden-burisma-probe-not-legitimate-role-government-used-effort-damage-political-opponents/
    What he says in his quote is right. That is not a legitimate role of government. That does not mean you cannot investigate any politician. If one is needed, it should be performed by someone that wouldn't stand to gain from said investigation.

As for the Biden investigation, should congress be investigating a citizen like that? I personally am tired of the circus that congress has become. They need to remove cameras from those hearings to limit the show boating that goes on by these idiots.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Remind me again, what were Romney's thoughts on the millions of taxpayer dollars we spent investigating the Russia hoax, and then the impeachment effort over assumptions and the telephone game among bureaucrats who forgot their role in foreign policy?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What he says in his quote is right. That is not a legitimate role of government. That does not mean you cannot investigate any politician. If one is needed, it should be performed by someone that wouldn't stand to gain from said investigation.

As for the Biden investigation, should congress be investigating a citizen like that? I personally am tired of the circus that congress has become. They need to remove cameras from those hearings to limit the show boating that goes on by these idiots.

You just tied yourself into knots with this one.

So the justice department, FBI, and even CIA cannot investigate a former VP if he is a candidate against the sitting administration? Does this only apply to republican and democratic candidates or to all of them? Great loophole you're building there...

So a former politician cannot be investigated by congress when he becomes a private citizen?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You just tied yourself into knots with this one.

So the justice department, FBI, and even CIA cannot investigate a former VP if he is a candidate against the sitting administration? Does this only apply to republican and democratic candidates or to all of them? Great loophole you're building there...

So a former politician cannot be investigated by congress when he becomes a private citizen?
    Senate Homeland Security Committee’s probe into Hunter Biden’s dealings with Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings.
    Hunter was never VP.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When did what's being called the swamp actually come into being? 50's? '60's?
    I'd go with much earlier.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    When did what's being called the swamp actually come into being? 50's? '60's?
    I'd go with much earlier.
    Eisenhower warned the citizens about the military/industrial complex in the 50s.
    Lincoln did in the 60s, the 1860s.
    I imagine the swamp in some form has been around as long as
    Government.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Here is my take. I don’t like congress investigating anyone, because it will ALWAYS be political. Both sides will use it as a weapon, even the “side” most of us here tend to lean towards; and that is wrong. If there was a crime, let the law enforcement arm of government do their jobs; regardless of who the accused is. We all know that tends to not happen, so where do we go from there? I still adamantly opposes purely political investigations, even against the side I disagree with. We need better people in government, people with integrity and honor. Won’t happen more than likely, but I can hope.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Eisenhower warned the citizens about the military/industrial complex in the 50s.
    Lincoln did in the 60s, the 1860s.
    I imagine the swamp in some form has been around as long as
    Government.

Yeah, long time.
    George Washington discussed it.
    https://realitydecoded.blog/2019/10/05/fact-george-washington-spoke-about-the-illuminati/.
    Lincoln grappled with the secret organizations from Europe that had established their minions in the US even before being elected president, even when he was a lawyer in Illinois. And Ike warned about the increasing power. I tend to think of the OSS as kind of the ugly offspring raising it's little head over the rim of the nest, the bloodline and pedigree having been long established. What President Trump is immersed in gives me the willies to think about it.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Power, money and lying promises keep them there. More interested in staying rather than doing anything we voted them in for. The last 4 years have been wasted with the House and Senate. Trump can only do so much when he has no support from them.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here is my take. I don’t like congress investigating anyone, because it will ALWAYS be political. Both sides will use it as a weapon, even the “side” most of us here tend to lean towards; and that is wrong. If there was a crime, let the law enforcement arm of government do their jobs; regardless of who the accused is. We all know that tends to not happen, so where do we go from there? I still adamantly opposes purely political investigations, even against the side I disagree with. We need better people in government, people with integrity and honor. Won’t happen more than likely, but I can hope.

Law enforcement is under the executive branch, so by this logic the president has investigative power but congress does not?

There is no such thing as a "neutral" investigation involving politics...

Top Bottom