• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Received an interesting email from the White House titled President Trump: 'Our youth will be taught to love America with all of their heart'.

If you aren't signed up for the emails from the Trump staff you're missing out.
    This speaks to changing what is taught in schools and in government training programs. Fascinating stuff.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Received an interesting email from the White House titled President Trump: 'Our youth will be taught to love America with all of their heart'.

Sounds a little bit like indoctrination.

Perhaps a more appropriate quote would be "Our youth will be taught what a great nation America is and as a result they will understand why so many people love America with all of their hearts."

81742567.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm with KittySlayer. I'd rather they were taught how to think rather than what to think. That said, indoctrination from either side would need to be ended

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think they should be taught to get under their desks in the event of a nuclear attack.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I believe public education is nothing but indoctrination.

Ah. Much better answer. Actually, all education includes indoctrination. Home schooling- includes it. Church schooling- includes it. Online education- includes it.

Why? Because indoctrination includes values. Every good parent indoctrinates their kids. You would hope that the school teaches and reinforces certain common values that might make America stick together and succeed rather than become fratricidal. In that, they have been failing for some time.

Schools don't want parents to see what they are teaching because of the values they are imparting on their children.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sounds a little bit like indoctrination.

Perhaps a more appropriate quote would be "Our youth will be taught what a great nation America is and as a result they will understand why so many people love America with all of their hearts."

Well, that was a FUNDRAISING email, so it's going to people who ought to have at least read some of what he said during the actual event.

Read the whole thing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...rump-white-house-conference-american-history/

Our mission is to defend the legacy of America’s founding, the virtue of America’s heroes, and the nobility of the American character. We must clear away the twisted web of lies in our schools and classrooms, and teach our children the magnificent truth about our country. We want our sons and daughters to know that they are the citizens of the most exceptional nation in the history of the world.

The only path to national unity is through our shared identity as Americans. That is why it is so urgent that we finally restore patriotic education to our schools.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't think that I was "taught to love America" in school.

Yet I love America.

As usual, the most important things are better taught at home.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Yet I love America.

Neither was I, but we weren't taught how horrible this country is either. That seems to be the direction they are going more and more.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Yet I love America.

Right?!

But... You weren't taught "America is bad" like is going on now either.

So...

EDIT:

Neither was I, but we weren't taught how horrible this country is either. That seems to be the direction they are going more and more.

tenor.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Having been in elementary school when Vietnam was still fresh in everyone's mind...and the treatment of Native Americans has been "problematic" in the schools for decades, I heard plenty about mistakes (real or imagined). But hate? Horrible?

No.

Home indoctrination for the win!

NOT passing your beliefs on to your kids in parental malpractice. I mean, we believe what we believe because we think it's right, don't we?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Growing up in Texas I was taught that our country was conquered and for a century under military occupation but that certainly does not mean us kids weren't taught to love America.

Top Bottom