Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg died

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    If you're talking political strategery with the nomination, as much as I love ACB, Lagoa is the pick. She is Cuban, and guarantees FL and AZ (plus McSally in the Senate), by driving up Hispanic support.

I don't see demonizing of a Catholic to generate that much electoral play - at least, not the kind of play that would shift election outcomes.
    Interesting...
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

If you're talking political strategery with the nomination, as much as I love ACB, Lagoa is the pick. She is Cuban, and guarantees FL and AZ (plus McSally in the Senate), by driving up Hispanic support.

I don't see demonizing of a Catholic to generate that much electoral play - at least, not the kind of play that would shift election outcomes.
    I watched a stream with Robert Barnes, and he advocated for Lagoa too. His arguments were persuasive, and similar to yours. He was also of the opinion that nominating Lagoa is a smart political play because it uses intersectionality (female, Latina, Cuban descent, daughter of immigrants) against any Democrats who oppose her nomination.

User Info Menu

But the left will say "that's the only reason Trump nominated her" and then say she's not fit for the role because she Sharted in the 5th grade (or insert any other crazy, half assed reason why she's unfit)
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve Order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblaster View Post
    In another thread, a couple days ago, I opined and lamented about about the partisanship of the appointed jurists. Unfortunately, it's reality of the situation.

Having said that, now is the time for Trump to appoint a hardcore Second Amendment proponent. This is the time for idealism to get punched in the nose by realism. 2A above all other considerations.
    ^^^THIS^^^

In spite of being an activist ideologue, Ginsburg was confirmed 96-4. Then when the tables turned, the dems brought us:

"Borking"

simple majority for confirmation

"biden rule" that a prez can't make appointments in an election year (unless he's named Merrick Garland).

The 2A isn't the only part of the Constitution they don't respect. Like eric holder said: "kick 'em when they're down"

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMTJAGER View Post
    After she/it checks in with Satan I hope she/it says Hi to the Kennedy's, Spec, Manson etc. In any event she/it will not be lacking for the company of her fellow far left Marxists and mass murderers while in He!!.
    OK people. I have shut this down once but some folks just do not get it.
    Keep it on the rails please.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    But the left will say "that's the only reason Trump nominated her" and then say she's not fit for the role because she Sharted in the 5th grade (or insert any other crazy, half assed reason why she's unfit)
    They won't accept the nominee anyway. Why make it easy for them?

User Info Menu

I enjoy your optimism, and agree with Lagoa for the pick for reasons stated up-thread (most especially her recent approval w/ 80 votes), but Cubans don't make up that much of FL's population, and I'm not convinced a Cuban nominee necessarily gives the broad-based Hispanic boost you anticipate, especially in AZ. Hialeah, however, would be a shoo in
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    They won't accept the nominee anyway. Why make it easy for them?
    There is no person in the world Trump could nominate they would not vilify.
    It is better to do good than not to do bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    There is no person in the world Trump could nominate they would not vilify.

This 1000%. He could nominate Obama and the left would call him a racist for pandering. There is literally nothing he could do that they would approve of. Nothing.

That seems to be the main difference in my opinion between leftists and conservatives. If Obama had pushed some pro 2A legislation, he would’ve been given credit by conservatives. There is nothing that the leftist media would ever give Trump credit for. Ever.
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I'm still rooting for ACB. I hope Trump picks her despite all of this "wise political move" talk.

I have nothing against Lagoa, but I hope the pres picks the best for the job rather than the best political move. Lagoa can be next, the same as ACB was for getting Kavanaugh in. As young as she is, she could be actually Trump's 5th appointment to the court.

Pretty sure Obama gained NO additional latino support from appointing the "wise latino woman" to the court?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast