Poll - Who cares more about SCOTUS - Conservatives or Liberals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who cares more about SCOTUS - Conservatives or Liberals?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Let's say Trump / McConnell aren't able to push through a nominee before the election. The outcome then may be well tipped by who cares MORE about Justice Ginsburg's replacement.

I believe, overall, that conservatives care more and would turn out in greater numbers to vote. My friend believes that I was right 20 years ago but the liberals have learned and they will turn out in equal measure.

What say you? Is it better for Trump to not have a nominee before the election or worse?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You can't un-ring the nomination bell. It may be functionally impossible to rush a nomination in 40 days, but completing the nomination before the vote would moot the issue and remove a reason for Democrats to turn out.

But, then again, most Americans don't even know what SCOTUS is and can't name a single case or current or former justice.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I already think Trump voters would crawl over broken glass and swim across a river of lemon juice to vote for him given the state of the country, so I doubt this will add much fuel to that fire.

Democrats on the other hand always have a pretty big collection of folks that are very vocal and sometimes radical but are apathetic towards voting. I don't know if those people will care more about voting with an open SCOTUS seat on the line, but one would have to assume it would spur at least a few of them to get off their asses. So in this particular scenario I say Democrats.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I never heard democrats talk about the supreme court until Trump entered the picture.

Conservatives have always talked about the courts, because we realize that's where the tire meets the road on many of the issues we care about.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Future activity will dictate the effect on turnout. At this point, I don't see that what has appeared in the media will have any material effect on the election. What Trump and the Senate do, and who is nominated, will affect the outcome.

Not all female democrats (or males, for that matter) are in favor of "freedom of choice" (other than the 3 major exceptions). A lot of democrats are RC. Nominate an RC woman and the issue is primarily a left-wing issue. They won't vote for Trump under any circumstance and they already have their cause du jour.

Middle America will be at least neutral to positive on the right candidate.

But, never let the opportunity for ****ing it up go to waste.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Let's say Trump / McConnell aren't able to push through a nominee before the election. The outcome then may be well tipped by who cares MORE about Justice Ginsburg's replacement.

I believe, overall, that conservatives care more and would turn out in greater numbers to vote. My friend believes that I was right 20 years ago but the liberals have learned and they will turn out in equal measure.

What say you? Is it better for Trump to not have a nominee before the election or worse?

I think that Conservatives will vote.

I think that liberals / progressives will just "burn it all down". Many are now publicly posting this on on multiple social networking sites.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democrats-threaten-violence-supreme-court-vacancy

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think it matters. The election became a done deal with the dem covid lockdown, defunding the police and their terrorists rioting.

Independent and swing voters along with dems and republicans cannot dare speak of how they will really vote in mixed company for fear of attacks. Same reason anyone with any common sense wouldn't put a MAGA sign in their front yard or on their bumper, let alone on their head. ;)

It'll prolly get worse before it gets better, if it ever does get better. The mob seems as if it's here to stay, in the law free urban areas anyway?

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Just my opiniom, scotus is the single most important thing we can hope for. If we can get a super majority in the Supreme Court then they can strike.down any law a liberal congress may right and senate passes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just found this. I think they both care equally. But the answer would depend on how you define "care". I'm not saying they care equally about the institution of the SCOTUS, or the constitution. I think they care more about the power to assert progressive values. But especially, they see R v W as a pillar that must be protected by any means necessary. Conservatives see it as vital too, but with more regard for the institution and the principles of the constitution.

If "care" means, to what lengths would they go to control it? Probably Democrats "care" more in that respect. I mean, they're calling to burn it down, and they're leaving it to the audience to interpret what "it" is. That's pretty radical. Things would have to get extremely worse than this for Republicans to be in a mood to entertain a "by any means necessary" approach. Thankfully, right now, we still kinda have rule of law.

But your question was framed more around turning out the vote. I think it's going to energize both Republicans and both living and dead Democrats to vote.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I believe there is a silent majority of conservative and top that with und3cided voters that seem to be pooling to trump even more... even regardless of all of that , trump needs to push another constitutional conservative through even if it costs him the election. If there is a majority of patriot conservatives in scotus then it doesn't matter what laws the marxist try to pass, they can be struck down in a challenge.. thats just my thought... pack the Supreme Court EVERY chance you get.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom