Why Can't People Live Their Convictions, Without Forcing Them On Others?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just a simple example, there are dozens of others. Global warming/new green deal, I do not know a single person, of the many I know that support the legislation, that lives as though they believe it. Neither do the Hollywood types that promote it. Why? If they really are concerned, or some are scared, would they not live their convictions? Why would they only live their convictions if government forces their neighbors to do so as well?

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My experience has been that many of the folks who are imposing their convictions on others are doing it INSTEAD of living up to those ideals, themselves.

It is far easier to virtue posture than to live a life of sacrifice.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    My experience has been that many of the folks who are imposing their convictions on others are doing it INSTEAD of living up to those ideals, themselves.

It is far easier to virtue posture than to live a life of sacrifice.

Maximum rep for that observation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's like their view of charity for the less fortunate. It inconveniences them less, while still allowing them to feel righteous, if they get government to compel a lot of (other) people to act in accordance with their beliefs. They probably feel like they're actually doing more for the cause than they could by simply walking the walk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Just a simple example, there are dozens of others. Global warming/new green deal, I do not know a single person, of the many I know that support the legislation, that lives as though they believe it. Neither do the Hollywood types that promote it. Why? If they really are concerned, or some are scared, would they not live their convictions? Why would they only live their convictions if government forces their neighbors to do so as well?
    Its because when dealing with the left more so than others, the issue is not the issue and most of the ones echoing it are only following the trend. The ones promoting (i mean top layer persons) do not promote it to make things better. It is used as a wedge to divide and conquer.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

C.S. Lewis

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Convictions? Bah. It's a way to make money from American taxpayers and live like kings while stealing from everybody else. They've tried guilting people into believing this stuff, crying about the environment, and that's wearing thin so now they conjure up the phony economics of green, trying to make it look like a good idea for everybody.

It is now and always has been a snake oil scam, enriching people like european merchant bankers and asian manufacturers

Always follow the money

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Also, not having an abortion doesn't change the fact that since 1973 over 50 million infants have been murdered.
    Sometimes it's wholly necessary that it is done on a large scale to matter.
    True.

Anti-abortion laws are forcing my convictions onto the lives of others.
    Same for laws concerning marriage, and...

Castigating others for Not Caring Enough is the national pastime. You know that.
    ...and for caring too much.

Robert Palmer said it best: "Whoa, you'd like to think you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah."

As to the green issue, most of the people I know that are in favor of such legislation do takes steps in their own lives to reduce their carbon footprint and do practice the three R's.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't want to write out a long post. The short answer maybe has something to do with societal evolution is faster than human evolution. We're running unexpected inputs through older firmware.

Some people still think heterodoxy is a higher priority than orthodoxy. Some people think orthodoxy has a higher priority than heterodoxy. To make this short, let's just say Karen is orthodox. If you don't do it like her, you're doing it wrong.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True.

Anti-abortion laws are forcing my convictions onto the lives of others.
    Same for laws concerning marriage, and...

...and for caring too much.

Robert Palmer said it best: "Whoa, you'd like to think you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah."

As to the green issue, most of the people I know that are in favor of such legislation do takes steps in their own lives to reduce their carbon footprint and do practice the three R's.

Reading, 'Riting and Re-loading?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    China making and selling you everything you need to look stylish in the new green deal is part of the plan.

I think the only thing American about the new green deal will be the lame reference to FDR's New Deal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't want to write out a long post. The short answer maybe has something to do with societal evolution is faster than human evolution. We're running unexpected inputs through older firmware.

Some people still think heterodoxy is a higher priority than orthodoxy. Some people think orthodoxy has a higher priority than heterodoxy. To make this short, let's just say Karen is orthodox. If you don't do it like her, you're doing it wrong.

Karen doesn't strike me as the type to be fond of 'doing it' at all

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    It seems that at this point in history that's the basic difference between Democrats and Republicans.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

[FONT=&quot]SPB Links[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes something is missing.
    Lets stop with the abortion discussion.
    Of all the topics we are allowed to review here that one always ends badly. So here's the deal. Let it go OK. Or whom ever starts it can come sit in my chair and deal with all the ****ing :bs: and reports. I have enough to keep track of in here.

Top Bottom