• ...and so much more!
  • qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    If he only paid $750 while being worth millions, that is the guy that should be in charge of the economy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

Well, I think that's point right? Why do people think you should pay income tax on your gross receipts and/or net worth?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But I'm sure you still paid income taxes

are you saying he's a tax cheat? Or upset he took a large loss one year and did not have taxable income?

Also... since it's illegal to divulge someone's taxes, how did the NYT get them? And it should be a crime for them to publish anything about them since they were obtained illegally. If I am given a stolen TV.... I am guilty of conversion. How is this different?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But I'm sure you still paid income taxes

Not if we showed a net loss we didn't. And yes we did show a serious net loss one year and paid zero income tax. Thats how it works. Yet we still borrowed to buy more rental property's the next year. No not millions but on a scale of who and what it is close.

I do not understand your confusion beyond your typical TDS posts.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm proud of him.

$20 says those saying he should pay more ALSO do everything they can to avoid paying any more tax than is legally required. Every time one of my liberal friends suggests we should in essence be paying more taxes I remind them they are more than welcome to pay "their fair share" voluntarily if they wish. Just gotta write a check. IRS wont turn it away.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    are you saying he's a tax cheat? Or upset he took a large loss one year and did not have taxable income?

Also... since it's illegal to divulge someone's taxes, how did the NYT get them? And it should be a crime for them to publish anything about them since they were obtained illegally. If I am given a stolen TV.... I am guilty of conversion. How is this different?

Tax cheat? No. Loser? Yes. But if he wins a second term, I'm confident he will try to sell the White house to pay back is millions in loans that are due soon.
    And where did it state these were stolen?
    Letter from the editor: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/us/trump-taxes-editors-note.html
    "Some will raise questions about publishing the president’s personal tax information. But the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the First Amendment allows the press to publish newsworthy information that was legally obtained by reporters even when those in power fight to keep it hidden. That powerful principle of the First Amendment applies here"

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This was going to be NYT's October Surprise. Ruth Ginsburg moved up the clock on them by dying.

Now they have to use their bullets early, to prevent her from being replaced by a Conservative.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to make a wild guess here that Trump hasn't even touched doing his own taxes for decades. I'm betting he's had a whole slew of tax lawyers do this for him for years and years. I'd actually be surprised if he truly had any part of it not done by real pro's.

So, if he only pays "X" any given year, I'd just chalk that up to having very highly paid and talented lawyers and tax experts that know every single loophole built into the tax code and exactly how to take maximum advantage of that insane set of tax rules we get to deal with as they change every year.

Basically, I'm thinking that everyone rich enough to do this, does this. Good for them, I guess.

I just file this one in the "who cares" file and move on to something important, like how many new pics of redheads show up in the women with guns thread.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I think the bigger question is did the companies Trump owns pay their fair share of taxes. Trump could easily get out of paying personal taxes.

Top Bottom