Biden Campaign Defames Kyle Rittenhouse, Lawsuit Coming Soon...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [h=3]After last night’s debate, the Biden camp put together a video that they then tweeted out indicating President Trump and Kyle Rittenhouse are white nationalists. This is not true and now a defamation claim is being prepared against Joe Biden.[/h]
    Same attorney the Kentucky kid has, extracting money from the lefty news companies I believe...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...accuses-kid-white-supremacist-post-debate-ad/

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They never called Kyle Rittenhouse a white nationalist/supremacist

The referred to white supremacists and militia groups and there was a reference to "violence in our cities" like we saw in Kenosha...and that when the word "Kenosha" was uttered, they showed a picture of Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse was involved in violence in Kenosha, a victim and he committed some violence himself, no matter how justified. Further, he, at least, had some loose contact with a militia group. I think it will be difficult to claim that he was called a white supremacist. Further, as they just showed a picture...and his was not the only one, with a voiceover that referred to violence in Kenosha, I don't see how this is a viable defamation suit.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The referred to white supremacists and militia groups and there was a reference to "violence in our cities" like we saw in Kenosha...and that when the word "Kenosha" was uttered, they showed a picture of Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse was involved in violence in Kenosha, a victim and he committed some violence himself, no matter how justified. Further, he, at least, had some loose contact with a militia group. I think it will be difficult to claim that he was called a white supremacist. Further, as they just showed a picture...and his was not the only one, with a voiceover that referred to violence in Kenosha, I don't see how this is a viable defamation suit.

Thank you for the opinion counselor. I promise to pay the usual INGO fee, and buy you a cheeseburger at the next summit we both attend...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Joe Biden’s twitter posts makes no mention of militia groups.

His twitter comment states

“There’s no other way to put it: the president of the United States refused to disavow white supremacists on the debate stage last night.” with a picture of Kyle Rittenhouse beneath it with the phrase “as we saw in Kenosha”.

To me that seems he’s connecting the Kenosha kid to white supremacists. Had he mentioned militia groups like you said, I would agree that it would be extremely difficult to sue for defamation... however, his tweet made no mention of militia groups, only white supremacists.

Curious, based on your knowledge of law, if it changes the chances of a defamation suit since militia wasn’t mentioned?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    To me the thing actually watches as Trump ad campaign if take away the scary music and ad some narration.

"Joe Biden thinks this patriot is a WS for trying to protect his community. Donald Trump wants to protect your community too. Joe Biden hates your community and hopes you all die."

...that's how I'd spin it. F 'em.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To me the thing actually watches as Trump ad campaign if take away the scary music and ad some narration.

"Joe Biden thinks this patriot is a WS for trying to protect his community. Donald Trump wants to protect your community too. Joe Biden hates your community and hopes you all die."

...that's how I'd spin it. F 'em.

Excelent.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They made this young man the cover boy for there political agenda.
    Hardball or not that just aint cool.

Oh, I didn't say any of this was cool. :):

I was talking about filing of the suit being political hard ball...return fire for the Biden campaign ad.

It doesn't matter if the suit is viable or not. The headline has been printed. The Biden camp is being sued for defamation. Viability will be decided looonnng after election day.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They made this young man the cover boy for there political agenda.
    Hardball or not that just aint cool.

Amen to that! Regardless how it plays out in court, using this kid for their political stunt when he hasn’t even had his day in court is disgusting. Could you imagine the outrage if Trump used that Greta kid as a political ad?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ah, I see. Anyone who interferes with a rioter who intends to burn, loot, and murder is a white supremacist.

This is literally what they were saying after it happened. His lawyer was asking people to keep track of every celebrity/news organization calling him a white supremacists so after his trial they could sue for defamation. Asked for all facebook and twitter posts to be archived and sent. There was a lot.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh, I didn't say any of this was cool. :):

I was talking about filing of the suit being political hard ball...return fire for the Biden campaign ad.

It doesn't matter if the suit is viable or not. The headline has been printed. The Biden camp is being sued for defamation. Viability will be decided looonnng after election day.

Exactly. The suit will take years more than likely, but in public view it makes the Biden campaign look bad for having a pending lawsuit for defamation on a minor.

Then again I don’t think there’s many, if any, voters in the country now days that are undecided. I think everyone knows who they’re supporting, so I’m not sure if having any bad publicity changes opinions anymore, for either side honestly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly. The suit will take years more than likely, but in public view it makes the Biden campaign look bad for having a pending lawsuit for defamation on a minor.

Then again I don’t think there’s many, if any, voters in the country now days that are undecided. I think everyone knows who they’re supporting, so I’m not sure if having any bad publicity changes opinions anymore, for either side honestly.

I doubt the minor status of Rittenhouse comes into play with how voters think. Now if Rittenhouse was some kid playing baseball in the park living life, sure... but running around the streets with an AR? Kinda not the same. I doubt this moves the needle.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I doubt the minor status of Rittenhouse comes into play with how voters think. Now if Rittenhouse was some kid playing baseball in the park living life, sure... but running around the streets with an AR? Kinda not the same. I doubt this moves the needle.

I think people still respect due process, innocent until proven guilty, and not posting a minor condemning them of some sort of crime or labeling them a member of a hate group.

If his trial were done and he was found guilty, I think people would see it in the way you said. Since he hasn’t had his day in court, I think a lot of people don’t think he should be degraded for political gain.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Top Bottom