• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    A potential blow to Trump in Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots will count if they’re received within three days of the election. Kinda surprising considering the 4-4 spilt. Should be evidence that issues that are brought to the SC are not likely to be voted on along partisan lines assume Barret (I think I spelled her name wrong) is confirmed.

[url]http://Supreme
    Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania[/URL]

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A potential blow to Trump in Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots will count if they’re received within three days of the election. Kinda surprising considering the 4-4 spilt. Should be evidence that issues that are brought to the SC are not likely to be voted on along partisan lines assume Barret (I think I spelled her name wrong) is confirmed.

http://Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania

As long as they still have to be postmarked no later than election day.
    I still don't like it, but some Dems are asking for ballots to be accepted if they are returned by the end of the election MONTH, regardless of the postmark date...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

http://Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania

Why do you perceive it such a blow?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh...

Let the libs act like libs. It'll expose them even more for what they are.

They cant win, if they can't cheat. This time though, it won't matter. Sane people are tired of all this horse:poop::poop::poop:. The people of Pennsylvania have learned like most the rest of the country, keep your mouth shut and vote the libs out on election day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Meh...

Let the libs act like libs. It'll expose them even more for what they are.

They cant win, if they can't cheat. This time though, it won't matter. Sane people are tired of all this horse:poop::poop::poop:. The people of Pennsylvania have learned like most the rest of the country, keep your mouth shut and vote the libs out on election day.

From your mouth to God's ears...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In all my years voting, this is the first election that I can remember where "Election Day" is not really Election Day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can accept this ruling. It makes sense, especially given how crappy our post office is. As long as its postmarked by Nov3 I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed within a reasonable 3 day window. I can be a forgiving as that is MORE than enough time to get a letter delivered locally. But if there is no postmark, F*** NO! Throw it out unless it is received the day of the election. If you cant be responsible and send in your ballot by the end of October knowing it needs to get there, sucks to be you.

Its not like we are expecting the usual full results election night anyway. Everyone is expecting this one to be drawn out a couple days at least, so 3 days is reasonable under the current circumstances.

Though I think with all these delays reporting on the results shouldnt be public. No need to encourage either side to magically "find" or "lose" ballots due to how the progress is going. (crap! We are behind! Quick! "Find" ;) some more ballots for our side. )

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/10/scotus-john-roberts-joins-liberals-to-permit-pa-to-count-non-postmarked-ballots-3-days-after-election-day/

My point was just proven. Roberts joined the three liberals to reject a stay (in two cases,
    here and here) of a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Order that permits mail-in ballots to be counted if received three days after Election Day — even if the envelope has no postmark. That’s right, even if there is no postmark. Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh would have granted the stay.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I can accept this ruling. It makes sense, especially given how crappy our post office is. As long as its postmarked by Nov3 I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed within a reasonable 3 day window. I can be a forgiving as that is MORE than enough time to get a letter delivered locally. But if there is no postmark, F*** NO! Throw it out unless it is received the day of the election. If you cant be responsible and send in your ballot by the end of October knowing it needs to get there, sucks to be you.

Its not like we are expecting the usual full results election night anyway. Everyone is expecting this one to be drawn out a couple days at least, so 3 days is reasonable under the current circumstances.

Though I think with all these delays reporting on the results shouldnt be public. No need to encourage either side to magically "find" or "lose" ballots due to how the progress is going. (crap! We are behind! Quick! "Find" ;) some more ballots for our side. )
    From what I’ve read, it has to be postmarked by the 3rd or WITHOUT a postmark. Not sure what that means exactly, how something can be non post marked, but that’s where it gets sketchy to me.

Everyone thinks this benefits democrats, but mail in voting in Florida has been pretty much even, with a dem lead. That lead is being eroded now that early voting has begun, and the republican counties haven’t even began early voting yet.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/10/scotus-john-roberts-joins-liberals-to-permit-pa-to-count-non-postmarked-ballots-3-days-after-election-day/

My point was just proven. Roberts joined the three liberals to reject a stay (in two cases,
    here and here) of a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Order that permits mail-in ballots to be counted if received three days after Election Day — even if the envelope has no postmark. That’s right, even if there is no postmark. Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh would have granted the stay.
    Ah, thanks, beat me by a minute lol. I thought I read that but didn’t have a link. So what does that mean exactly, how can it not have a postmark? Are they hand delivered ballots? That’s super sketchy and I hope feds are keeping a close eye on this

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the no postmark thing is outright BS. The postmark should be the gold standard 3rd party confirmation that its legit and on time. No postmark? Where is the proof it was received on time and not delayed for other reasons. No postmark should be DQ'd after the polls close.

Somebody get the damned rail and warm up the tar.... Who has the chicken feathers?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    the no postmark thing is outright BS. The postmark should be the gold standard 3rd party confirmation that its legit and on time. No postmark? Where is the proof it was received on time and not delayed for other reasons. No postmark should be DQ'd after the polls close.

Somebody get the damned rail and warm up the tar.... Who has the chicken feathers?

I get mail delivered all the time that doesn't have a postmark. :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out of curiosity, when they catch somebody with a bunch of bogus ballots, what do they do?

Top Bottom