Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Rules On Pennsylvania Mail-in Ballots

User Info Menu

Supreme Court Rules On Pennsylvania Mail-in Ballots

A potential blow to Trump in Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots will count if they’re received within three days of the election. Kinda surprising considering the 4-4 spilt. Should be evidence that issues that are brought to the SC are not likely to be voted on along partisan lines assume Barret (I think I spelled her name wrong) is confirmed.

http://Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania
    "Common sense is not so common."- Voltaire

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post
    A potential blow to Trump in Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots will count if they’re received within three days of the election. Kinda surprising considering the 4-4 spilt. Should be evidence that issues that are brought to the SC are not likely to be voted on along partisan lines assume Barret (I think I spelled her name wrong) is confirmed.

http://Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania
    As long as they still have to be postmarked no later than election day.
    I still don't like it, but some Dems are asking for ballots to be accepted if they are returned by the end of the election MONTH, regardless of the postmark date...
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Kinda bs. November 3rd is Election Day, not 3 days later. What’s the point in having a day, just make it election week
    INGO’s bacon hater.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post

Why do you perceive it such a blow?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Especially looking at mail in voting in other states. Republicans are doing really well, so much so that they’re predicting a win in Florida just from how small of a lead democrats had going into today.
    INGO’s bacon hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    He needs Pennsylvania and this could hinder that for him.
    If Trump is unhappy about it, it’s likely because this poses a threat to him.
    "Common sense is not so common."- Voltaire

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Meh...

Let the libs act like libs. It'll expose them even more for what they are.

They cant win, if they can't cheat. This time though, it won't matter. Sane people are tired of all this horse. The people of Pennsylvania have learned like most the rest of the country, keep your mouth shut and vote the libs out on election day.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Meh...

Let the libs act like libs. It'll expose them even more for what they are.

They cant win, if they can't cheat. This time though, it won't matter. Sane people are tired of all this horse. The people of Pennsylvania have learned like most the rest of the country, keep your mouth shut and vote the libs out on election day.
    From your mouth to God's ears...
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

In all my years voting, this is the first election that I can remember where "Election Day" is not really Election Day.

User Info Menu

I can accept this ruling. It makes sense, especially given how crappy our post office is. As long as its postmarked by Nov3 I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed within a reasonable 3 day window. I can be a forgiving as that is MORE than enough time to get a letter delivered locally. But if there is no postmark, F*** NO! Throw it out unless it is received the day of the election. If you cant be responsible and send in your ballot by the end of October knowing it needs to get there, sucks to be you.

Its not like we are expecting the usual full results election night anyway. Everyone is expecting this one to be drawn out a couple days at least, so 3 days is reasonable under the current circumstances.

Though I think with all these delays reporting on the results shouldnt be public. No need to encourage either side to magically "find" or "lose" ballots due to how the progress is going. (crap! We are behind! Quick! "Find" some more ballots for our side. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast