Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 197

Thread: 2020 - Final Presidential Debate (live thread)

  1. #171
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    It seems that there are quite a few people out there who had no idea "coyotes" meant people smugglers, and instead pictures the animal snatching babies to bring across the border

    A lot of these are blue-check mark, Twitter verified accounts. Including at least one Democrat Rep from Georgia.
    Yes, anything to ridicule President Trump, even if it makes themselves look like fools...

    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...asy-solutions/

    Unaccompanied children may arrive clandestinely, hidden by traffickers or paid smugglers, or they may attempt to migrate through normal immigration checkpoints. They may present false documents to border officials, or arrive in desperation with no documents at all. They may be apprehended while trying to enter the destination country, or evade border patrols altogether.
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

  2. #172
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    It seems that there are quite a few people out there who had no idea "coyotes" meant people smugglers, and instead pictures the animal snatching babies to bring across the border











    A lot of these are blue-check mark, Twitter verified accounts. Including at least one Democrat Rep from Georgia.
    Checkmate.....


    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  3. #173
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    That dumb were as a society are. An it goes far beyond let or right.
    And getting dumber all the time. Our schools are failing to educate, our parents want to be friends with their kids not train them, even our churches want to be friends (don't forget to fill the offering plate). All this is exacerbated by society's social media addition...

  4. #174
    Master Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    https://mobile.twitter.com/DarshunKe...59569073008641


    This isn’t satire. This is real. And she’s a lawyer. I laughed way harder than I should have when I saw this.
    INGO’s bacon hater.

  5. #175
    Master Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Never mind. Indiucky beat me with his screenshots.


    comments are worth a read tho if you’re bored
    INGO’s bacon hater.

  6. #176
    Grandmaster snorko's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    +1
    Democrats are attacked for the color of their suits, mustard, fist bumps, and middle names.

    Fair point indeed. Gaffs are gaffs. I immediately thought of the George HW Bush debate where he was called out for looking at his watch. Seemed weird that it was ignored.

    And after all though, it was Dijon mustard on a cheeseburger. UNAMERICAN!
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

    "I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

  7. #177
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DarshunKe...59569073008641


    This isn’t satire. This is real. And she’s a lawyer. I laughed way harder than I should have when I saw this.
    Not just a lawyer. She is also a GA State Representative, and Chief Deputy Whip of GA House Democrats. So, it's not just that we have dumb people and they vote. We have dumb people, who write our laws, for dumb people to vote on.

  8. #178
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    Fair point indeed. Gaffs are gaffs. I immediately thought of the George HW Bush debate where he was called out for looking at his watch. Seemed weird that it was ignored.

    And after all though, it was Dijon mustard on a cheeseburger. UNAMERICAN!
    Did Trump see the watch thing? It would have been something to see him ask Biden if he had somewhere better to be than to tell the American people what he stood for. Or ask him if we were keeping him up past his bed time.

  9. #179
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    And getting dumber all the time. Our schools are failing to educate, our parents want to be friends with their kids not train them, even our churches want to be friends (don't forget to fill the offering plate). All this is exacerbated by society's social media addition...
    Part of the issue with schools appears to be that we aren't teaching children critical thinking skills, that will serve them well for the future. Instead we're teaching them the test, so they can pass the test, so the school gets more funding, to teach the test to more kids, so they pass the test, so the school gets more funding, and the cycle continues.

  10. #180
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Indy View Post
    Yes, anything to ridicule President Trump, even if it makes themselves look like fools...

    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...asy-solutions/
    We can't really fault them. I mean, the term has only been in use since the early 70's

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •