Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Biden's latest COVID plan 10-24

  1. #11
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Donít forget how Obama said he didnít have the authority to waive prosecution of the dreamers and their hangers-on - right before he did it anyway and we wonít be able to end that until we finish remaking SCOTUS. Democrats think the rule of law means if you make the rules you can ignore the law
    Wasn't the last president to use executive orders fairly liberally. Then wait for the courts to decide whether or not they were valid.
    Orthodox Christian | Absolutist | NRA | GOA | MGNOC |ARRL | Purdue Alum

  2. #12
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post

    Biden is an existential threat to what it means to be an American.
    He always has been.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  3. #13
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    That would be a great way to crash the world economy.
    Seems about right.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  4. #14
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    Wasn't the last president to use executive orders fairly liberally. Then wait for the courts to decide whether or not they were valid.
    Do you read the stuff you post? Does it make sense to you? Maybe slow down and concentrate, you have the rest of your life to try to prove me wrong about something (or maybe the rest of my life, whichever ends first)
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

  5. #15
    Master Twangbanger's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Remember, Biden's Covid "plan" only matters until Election Day.

    Once he's in office, the political dimension of Covid is _over_.

    NYT is already publishing articles about scientists saying school kids aren't a significant source of virus outbreaks.

    "We" have been saying Covid is overblown for months. The Left is two weeks from having this epiphany.

  6. #16
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Do you read the stuff you post? Does it make sense to you? Maybe slow down and concentrate, you have the rest of your life to try to prove me wrong about something (or maybe the rest of my life, whichever ends first)
    I write in 4D chess that's why I only Trump can truly understand me. I proved you wrong so many times I've lost count. But when the subject at hand is change from one post to the other it's easy not to notice. Billions Millions
    Orthodox Christian | Absolutist | NRA | GOA | MGNOC |ARRL | Purdue Alum

  7. #17
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    I write in 4D chess that's why I only Trump can truly understand me. I proved you wrong so many times I've lost count. But when the subject at hand is change from one post to the other it's easy not to notice. Billions Millions
    Not how I recall it. France 24 claimed the GOC owned property worth Ä700 billion in 2011, which the Telegraph echoed. The Kathimerini reported that the GOC's liquid assets were Ä700 million in 2008 and a former finance minister estimated it at Ä1 billion, which did not include the assets of the many parishes, 80 bishoprics and 450 monasteries. These numbers were echoed by the Guardian. Needless to say, since the subject at the time was the government taxing the church to help pay for the salaries and pensions of church employees (which are currently paid by that government) the church itself was not co-operating in its own valuation and was trying desperately to minimize any numbers. The church is the second largest landholder in Greece, after the government, and also has extensive holdings in other countries administered by Constantinople, Jerusalem and Alexandria even more opaque to valuation. There would seem to be plenty of room for both numbers to be in the correct ballpark

    You proved nothing. The original thrust of discussion was whether an organization is showing the expected degree of charity if it's budget for that purpose is so small relative to its assets ( a criticism that dogs the Catholic church as well as wealthy individuals). Beneath that assertion was a PM sidebet I had with others that you would behave differently when it was your church ox being gored. You objected to my original characterization of the GOC, I posted the (admittedly minimal) documentation, doing your work for you, and then you proceded to point out that two figures estimating different quantities did not agree. Then with no further thought, failing to deal with the idea of how much a church even valued at 'only' a billion euros should devote to charity, and producing no citations of your own to support or refute anything, you raised your arms in faux victory and strutted off stage left. Since I had already won my bet, I was fine with it

    Next
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

  8. #18
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Not how I recall it. France 24 claimed the GOC owned property worth Ä700 billion in 2011, which the Telegraph echoed. The Kathimerini reported that the GOC's liquid assets were Ä700 million in 2008 and a former finance minister estimated it at Ä1 billion, which did not include the assets of the many parishes, 80 bishoprics and 450 monasteries. These numbers were echoed by the Guardian. Needless to say, since the subject at the time was the government taxing the church to help pay for the salaries and pensions of church employees (which are currently paid by that government) the church itself was not co-operating in its own valuation and was trying desperately to minimize any numbers. The church is the second largest landholder in Greece, after the government, and also has extensive holdings in other countries administered by Constantinople, Jerusalem and Alexandria even more opaque to valuation. There would seem to be plenty of room for both numbers to be in the correct ballpark

    You proved nothing. The original thrust of discussion was whether an organization is showing the expected degree of charity if it's budget for that purpose is so small relative to its assets ( a criticism that dogs the Catholic church as well as wealthy individuals). Beneath that assertion was a PM sidebet I had with others that you would behave differently when it was your church ox being gored. You objected to my original characterization of the GOC, I posted the (admittedly minimal) documentation, doing your work for you, and then you proceded to point out that two figures estimating different quantities did not agree. Then with no further thought, failing to deal with the idea of how much a church even valued at 'only' a billion euros should devote to charity, and producing no citations of your own to support or refute anything, you raised your arms in faux victory and strutted off stage left. Since I had already won my bet, I was fine with it

    Next
    Nope. I won.
    Orthodox Christian | Absolutist | NRA | GOA | MGNOC |ARRL | Purdue Alum

  9. #19
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Anyhoo...

    Biden seems to be using a lot of advertising $$ to claim that Trump made the pandemic worse.

    I'm still waiting to hear what concrete (constitutional) measures "should" have been taken that would have made any difference.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  10. #20
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I think when a politician adopts the 'big lie' strategy, they not only are quite aware they are lying but have no intention of offering proof because there is none, ergo the 'lie' part of 'big lie'
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •