• ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Heard this on the radio this morning.

1. Ask the state governors what they need.
    2. Require masks in government buildings.
    3. Social distance.

Isn't this what Trump is already doing and much more?

And he blames Trump for not having a plan!

With the cards that Trump was dealt, he did very well in bringing groups together to fight the virus.

The Dem's governors are the problem.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    He said he would force a national mask mandate and new lockdown, then he said it would be unconstitutional, then he went back to saying national mask mandate and lockdown (the constitution changed? lol), now he's walking that back, tomorrow it'll be masks and lockdown again. He knows his position is unpopular except with Doomer Democrats, so he obfuscates every time it's called out, but he always returns to his actual position: Your freedoms go bye-bye, forever. Doesn't matter if it's unconstitutional, he'll pack the court until it is (another unpopular, extremist position he obfuscates on).

Biden is an existential threat to what it means to be an American.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don’t forget how Obama said he didn’t have the authority to waive prosecution of the dreamers and their hangers-on - right before he did it anyway and we won’t be able to end that until we finish remaking SCOTUS. Democrats think the rule of law means if you make the rules you can ignore the law

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Make China pay for infecting the world.

Simply void some of the billions of dollars of Treasury Notes that China holdS. Offset the tremendous costs of the pandemic.

Who has the cajones to do this, Trump or Biden?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Make China pay for infecting the world.

Simply void some of the billions of dollars of Treasury Notes that China holdS. Offset the tremendous costs of the pandemic.

Who has the cajones to do this, Trump or Biden?
    That would be a great way to crash the world economy.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don’t forget how Obama said he didn’t have the authority to waive prosecution of the dreamers and their hangers-on - right before he did it anyway and we won’t be able to end that until we finish remaking SCOTUS. Democrats think the rule of law means if you make the rules you can ignore the law

Wasn't the last president to use executive orders fairly liberally. Then wait for the courts to decide whether or not they were valid.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wasn't the last president to use executive orders fairly liberally. Then wait for the courts to decide whether or not they were valid.

Do you read the stuff you post? Does it make sense to you? Maybe slow down and concentrate, you have the rest of your life to try to prove me wrong about something (or maybe the rest of my life, whichever ends first)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Remember, Biden's Covid "plan" only matters until Election Day.

Once he's in office, the political dimension of Covid is _over_.

NYT is already publishing articles about scientists saying school kids aren't a significant source of virus outbreaks.

"We" have been saying Covid is overblown for months. The Left is two weeks from having this epiphany.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do you read the stuff you post? Does it make sense to you? Maybe slow down and concentrate, you have the rest of your life to try to prove me wrong about something (or maybe the rest of my life, whichever ends first)

I write in 4D chess that's why I only Trump can truly understand me. I proved you wrong so many times I've lost count. But when the subject at hand is change from one post to the other it's easy not to notice. Billions Millions

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I write in 4D chess that's why I only Trump can truly understand me. I proved you wrong so many times I've lost count. But when the subject at hand is change from one post to the other it's easy not to notice. Billions Millions

Not how I recall it. France 24 claimed the GOC owned property worth €700 billion in 2011, which the Telegraph echoed. The Kathimerini reported that the GOC's liquid assets were €700 million in 2008 and a former finance minister estimated it at €1 billion, which did not include the assets of the many parishes, 80 bishoprics and 450 monasteries. These numbers were echoed by the Guardian. Needless to say, since the subject at the time was the government taxing the church to help pay for the salaries and pensions of church employees (which are currently paid by that government) the church itself was not co-operating in its own valuation and was trying desperately to minimize any numbers. The church is the second largest landholder in Greece, after the government, and also has extensive holdings in other countries administered by Constantinople, Jerusalem and Alexandria even more opaque to valuation. There would seem to be plenty of room for both numbers to be in the correct ballpark

You proved nothing. The original thrust of discussion was whether an organization is showing the expected degree of charity if it's budget for that purpose is so small relative to its assets ( a criticism that dogs the Catholic church as well as wealthy individuals). Beneath that assertion was a PM sidebet I had with others that you would behave differently when it was your [STRIKE]church[/STRIKE] ox being gored. You objected to my original characterization of the GOC, I posted the (admittedly minimal) documentation, doing your work for you, and then you proceded to point out that two figures estimating different quantities did not agree. Then with no further thought, failing to deal with the idea of how much a church even valued at 'only' a billion euros should devote to charity, and producing no citations of your own to support or refute anything, you raised your arms in faux victory and strutted off stage left. Since I had already won my bet, I was fine with it

Next

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not how I recall it. France 24 claimed the GOC owned property worth €700 billion in 2011, which the Telegraph echoed. The Kathimerini reported that the GOC's liquid assets were €700 million in 2008 and a former finance minister estimated it at €1 billion, which did not include the assets of the many parishes, 80 bishoprics and 450 monasteries. These numbers were echoed by the Guardian. Needless to say, since the subject at the time was the government taxing the church to help pay for the salaries and pensions of church employees (which are currently paid by that government) the church itself was not co-operating in its own valuation and was trying desperately to minimize any numbers. The church is the second largest landholder in Greece, after the government, and also has extensive holdings in other countries administered by Constantinople, Jerusalem and Alexandria even more opaque to valuation. There would seem to be plenty of room for both numbers to be in the correct ballpark

You proved nothing. The original thrust of discussion was whether an organization is showing the expected degree of charity if it's budget for that purpose is so small relative to its assets ( a criticism that dogs the Catholic church as well as wealthy individuals). Beneath that assertion was a PM sidebet I had with others that you would behave differently when it was your [STRIKE]church[/STRIKE] ox being gored. You objected to my original characterization of the GOC, I posted the (admittedly minimal) documentation, doing your work for you, and then you proceded to point out that two figures estimating different quantities did not agree. Then with no further thought, failing to deal with the idea of how much a church even valued at 'only' a billion euros should devote to charity, and producing no citations of your own to support or refute anything, you raised your arms in faux victory and strutted off stage left. Since I had already won my bet, I was fine with it

Next

Nope. I won.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyhoo...

Biden seems to be using a lot of advertising $$ to claim that Trump made the pandemic worse.

I'm still waiting to hear what concrete (constitutional) measures "should" have been taken that would have made any difference.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think when a politician adopts the 'big lie' strategy, they not only are quite aware they are lying but have no intention of offering proof because there is none, ergo the 'lie' part of 'big lie'

Top Bottom