Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Executive order removes protections from career bureaucrats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    Ronald Sanders resigns his position in protest to this move which would not have ever crossed Trump's mind had these people been the apolitical servants and guardians of the republic Sanders paints them to be.

https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.a...105_story.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Gotta snake the drain clear before you can drain the swamp...
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    So for those folks complaining about the "brace ban" being Trump's fault, now you're seeing him implement changes that will directly impact such actions.
    So when is he going to fix it then? Because he can fix it now right?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKBJ View Post
    To require the political loyalty ?
    Heh, get ready for a purging of compromised personnel.
    I don't care about political loyalty.

I do care about outright hostility against the President and actively working against the President.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    So when is he going to fix it then? Because he can fix it now right?
    Really? He is going to Fire the ATF in the final two weeks of an election?

User Info Menu

By increasing the accountability of career bureaucrats, and imposing term limits, I think that we could see significant improvements in the respect for our liberties. Having unelected bureaucrats unilaterally decide to reinterpret laws that affect millions of Americans, and having the judicial branch give deference to these bureaucrats, is the antithesis of an open and fair society.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    By increasing the accountability of career bureaucrats, and imposing term limits, I think that we could see significant improvements in the respect for our liberties. Having unelected bureaucrats unilaterally decide to reinterpret laws that affect millions of Americans, and having the judicial branch give deference to these bureaucrats, is the antithesis of an open and fair society.
    I used to be a term limits guy, but no more. There are much bigger issues to deal with. If you can look at this from a different direction, with me, and think abut the ramifications.

I see several potential negative outcomes from term limits.

The biggest is if we term limit the representatives then only the bureaucrats and lobbyists will have significant tenure and experience. Our representatives would always be the least battle prepped to fight in the swamp.

If every election cycle a third or half the house was term limited the likelihood of bad legislation increases due to all the lame ducks that have no reason to worry about constituents at home.

The typical congressperson is reelected with 55% of the vote, a 55% approval, and many do better than that. However studies show that congress itself has a 6% approval, meaning that almost everyone hates everyone else's congressperson...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    Term limits? For career officials? What exactly is that?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    I used to be a term limits guy, but no more. There are much bigger issues to deal with. If you can look at this from a different direction, with me, and think abut the ramifications.

I see several potential negative outcomes from term limits.

The biggest is if we term limit the representatives then only the bureaucrats and lobbyists will have significant tenure and experience. Our representatives would always be the least battle prepped to fight in the swamp.

If every election cycle a third or half the house was term limited the likelihood of bad legislation increases due to all the lame ducks that have no reason to worry about constituents at home.

The typical congressperson is reelected with 55% of the vote, a 55% approval, and many do better than that. However studies show that congress itself has a 6% approval, meaning that almost everyone hates everyone else's congressperson...
    If we implement a system where bureaucrats turn over more often that reduces the impact that they have on our political lobby. In terms of the lobbyists, having turn limits would reduce the ability for them to develop these long lasting relationships that they have with long serving politicians. Having a hard reset every X years would at least reduce their influence as they have to rebuild their relationships more often.

Expert

User Info Menu

Only way to reduce the power of lobbyists is to reduce the power of the Federal government...

No play for the pay will get a lot of people uninterested in lobbying the Federal government.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast