• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyblaze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Walmart in Bloomington has pulled all ammunition from their shelves. Went there this morning to check for 22's and not a box of anything on the shelves. I asked a guy working and he told me they sold out of every box of shotgun and rifle ammunition. I really didn't believe they sold every box.
    I saw a lady that has worked in the sporting goods section for quite a while and asked her if they really sold out of everything. She looked at me puzzled and said "no, we pulled it from the shelves" apparently they were told to pull all ammunition from the shelves.
    I asked her, "because of the election coming up?" She said they just do what they're told.
    Is Walmart preparing for more rioting and looting in the post election days?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Back in June, 2020, Walmart pulled guns/ammo from stores where there was a higher risk of looting.

I would expect that's what their intelligence data suggests is likely after the elections.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Does it stop at WM corporate? Who told who what to do? I'm curious if they are sending it back to the DC's. Where does it go then? How deep is this hole?

I realize I have my TF hat on this morning but part of me thinks it goes deeper, and it was a preemptive maneuver to prevent it from being in the proper hands just as much it was to prevent from theft. I honestly can't say it's a stupid move. Not just from a loss of revenue, but from a good possibility of being used in a crime. Side rail: why is it foot locker and shoe sensation always hit first? Fresh kicks must make it all better.

Either way, that notion further complicates the market. That'll drive the shoppers straight to the LGS and create more panic buys.

I would gather WM's woke status will promote they've "saved" something or other from impending doom as well.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think this has the opposite affect Walmart is wanting. All this does is force people to support LGS, and brings them more revenue... meaning in the end they have a higher chance of success and more will tend to open because they get more customers in the door. How many times have you went to a gun store to buy ammo and left with a good deal on a gun you wanted? I have, I’m sure most of us have. Walmart just helped every local store in the country, we owe them a huge thank you

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does it stop at WM corporate? Who told who what to do? I'm curious if they are sending it back to the DC's. Where does it go then? How deep is this hole?

I realize I have my TF hat on this morning but part of me thinks it goes deeper, and it was a preemptive maneuver to prevent it from being in the proper hands just as much it was to prevent from theft. I honestly can't say it's a stupid move. Not just from a loss of revenue, but from a good possibility of being used in a crime. Side rail: why is it foot locker and shoe sensation always hit first? Fresh kicks must make it all better.

Either way, that notion further complicates the market. That'll drive the shoppers straight to the LGS and create more panic buys.

I would gather WM's woke status will promote they've "saved" something or other from impending doom as well.

Its probably just hidden away in a back room, probably in a caged in area where it is secure. I'd be willing to bet the average looting mope doesnt even think to leave the sales floor to find something to take from back stock.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I think this has the opposite affect Walmart is wanting. All this does is force people to support LGS, and brings them more revenue... meaning in the end they have a higher chance of success and more will tend to open because they get more customers in the door. How many times have you went to a gun store to buy ammo and left with a good deal on a gun you wanted? I have, I’m sure most of us have. Walmart just helped every local store in the country, we owe them a huge thank you
    Nice point. Didn't think of that. That's not a bad thing for mom & pop.
    I was on the other side of the coin: now the average fudd will be reaching into my fridge as it were. Pickens are already slim.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I thought Walmart decided quite some time ago to get out of the firearm and ammo business. Did anyone remember hearing of such a thing? Or am I continuing to lose my mind?:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I thought Walmart decided quite some time ago to get out of the firearm and ammo business. Did anyone remember hearing of such a thing? Or am I continuing to lose my mind?:)

You ARE losing your mind, but thats a topic for another day. :):

No, those rocket surgeons just made brilliant decisions to stop carrying scurry black rifles and stop selling ammo used to murder people. Like there is a difference between the ammo for an AR, a Remington 700 in 223, etc.

But hunting rifles, shotguns, lever actions, etc are still A-OK.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

It's been a piecemeal thing. They've removed actual firearms from the stores. Most that I'm aware of were still carrying ammo and some accessories.

Top Bottom