Conservatives willfully, deliberately surrendered ground, and then complained...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    That the ground they surrendered was used against them.

I've wondered why this isn't discussed more. It's a major tactical blunder, yet it seems to be ignored. If it was a declared war, it would be analyzed to death by armchair warriors, but I'm not sure anyone even noticed the significance of the shift.

Let me illustrate this with a slice of my life. Let me start by saying I was born in a metro area in another state, in 1964. Initially, my neighborhood friends spanned all colors and nationalities, and some of us even had "our own nationality" neighborhoods. When we played games, like football or baseball, or got our toy guns out and played cops and robbers, or Vietnam or whatever, when the "team captain" picked you, you got picked based on skill, not color. The object was to win, and you built the best team you could win with. I did that when I was named captain, but when I was not, I was always picked first for football and Vietnam. Hey, I know my strengths and limitations. ;)

Later, we moved out to the edge of the city, because my parents were concerned about the rising crime levels in the metro area. I was too young to understand the demographics and statistical realities of it. My Dad died, and after a few years, I got a stepdad. I made new friends in my neighborhood, and they were overwhelmingly of one skin tone. But we had a great fellowship in our neighborhood, same as the last one, and I made friends easily and transitioned well. Then things suddenly went to crap. My family was going on a vacation for a couple months down the East coast over the summer school break, and my stepdad was going to let this family that was friends of ours house sit for us. The word got out about who they were, and someone left a petition at the door, signed by many in the neighborhood, that we should not "rent" our house to a black family. Rent it? Hell, he was PAYING them to stay there and take care of the pool, mow the lawn, and keep it secure. Well, he did what he wanted regardless of the the neighbors, and our friends had a great summer in a house with a pool and a lot of other amenities.

Then my Mom and my stepdad spilt up, and things in the city were getting worse, so we moved to the suburbs, over the Christmas break in 7th grade. As you can imagine, that's not a good time to move for a teenager, espescially when you try to portray it as "good news!", and they see it as "you just wrecked my life". Suburban kids are arseholes. It was a hard transition, but I still made friends, and I progressed. But the enemies I made! OMG, the enemies. For no other reason that I didn't live there from birth.

Now, in my (nearly) old age as a suburbanite, I'm considering moving far away from the suburbs. I could retire, for the second time, right this minute.

But wouldn't I just be doing the same thing that lost us the cities? Surrendering urban ground, rather than defending it?

Did we lose the cities, or did we surrender them? I think we surrendered them, and it's come back to bite us where we should have expected it to bite us.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can't imagine the misery it must cause to filter every detail of your life though a political mesh.

You're considering where you want to spend and enjoy the remaining years of your life, and THIS is the **** you're worried about?

Spoiler alert: You'll never be happy.

I can also tell by the fact that you refer to yourself as "nearly old age" when you were born in '64.

:):

Seriously...when I'm thinking about if/when I might want to move, one of my considerations will not be "Am I owning the libs?"

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    He does have a valid point of discussion. Did we surrender the inner city? In a way I think we did but I think it was by careful design. Kennedy and McCarthy both along with other house and senate members warned us as early as the 50s that the democratic party had been infiltrated by communists. When you read the planks of communism (I think that is right by Karl Marx) he says one of the things is they have to take over the inner cities, along with remove God from schools and dumb down education so they can turn out drones.
    So yes, in some since we did give up ground but in another , we had to because the ones growing up under the new education system would not listen.
    Jefferson said this for a reason , the tree of liberty MUST be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
    He didn't just pull that out of his ass, Jefferson and some others ,even by today's standards were not only geniuses but also historians and knew this was bound to happen.
    Read the declaration of independence, the Federalist notes and the constitution, they all tie together very clearly in stating this is why we are endowed with certain rights... ie... being necessary for a free and secure state.... you know the rest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't 'surrender' the city, when my 'deployment' was over I went home. I was born and raised in small town America, enjoying hunting and fishing and the outdoors. I left that for TDY in the city to get a degree but I just hated having to live in a densely populated area with the noise and congestion. As soon as I could, I set up shop in a much less densely populated area and have no desire to live in the city again. although I'm more 'city-adjacent' then I was growing up

I see it on this board, many people move away from densely packed areas just as soon as they can. I don't think we surrendered the cities so much as we never wanted to hold that territory in the first place. Some of us aren't meant to be constantly rubbing up against other people, we choose our friends carefully and choose our neighbors, to the extent possible, by having a fair amount of land and maybe a fence or two between us and them

I get that you are lamenting the political problems caused by not having a meaningful presence in the city machines, but I doubt you can get very many volunteers among Republicans or conservatives to retake that ground

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    George Bush Sr. was the closest thing to a surrender I've seen. He inherited the Regan Revolution. When he started talking about compassionate conservatism and a "thousand points of light" it was all over.

Once you start using the words and rhetoric of your "enemies," you are done.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I can't imagine the misery it must cause to filter every detail of your life though a political mesh.

You're considering where you want to spend and enjoy the remaining years of your life, and THIS is the **** you're worried about?

I can also tell by the fact that you refer to yourself as "nearly old age" when you were born in '64.

Seriously...when I'm thinking about if/when I might want to move, one of my considerations will not be "Am I owning the libs?"

Wow, you are so far off base it's ridiculous.

Yes, I do view things through a political mesh. It's impossible not to. Politics touches every aspect of our lives, from liberty, to economics, to the prevalence of crime, and so much more.

I live in misery? I'm not happy and never will be? I'm actually very happy. I have a great life, great family, great job, nice house in a nice neighborhood, and I'm all set to have a healthy retirement income. Where I spend that retirement has to include the politics of the area I live. It's not about "owning libs", it's about living in an area that isn't going to be dragged down by liberal politics.

When I lived in the city as a kid, if you were being foolish and throwing crabapples at a streetlight, or playing ding dong ditch, your parents knew about your antics before you even got home, because the neighbor 20 houses away that yelled at you and told you to stop, had gone inside and called everyone's parents and ratted them out. Does anyone even know anyone who lives 20 doors down the street nowadays? No. It's all "snitches get stitches", MYOB, don't make yourself the next target. That's what liberalism brought to the cities.

When I said I was nearly old age, that was a joke. I know, I should use purple text more often, as some people are too tightly wound to identify subtle humor. Cut me some slack, I'm old and I don't fully understand how this whole internet thing works.

That better? Now, a word of advice from the older generation. Switch to decaf, it'll help with that whole tension and anger thing you got going on there. Do you need me to purple any of that for you? :cool:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wow, you are so far off base it's ridiculous.

Yes, I do view things through a political mesh.

Right. That's what I said. You view everything through a political mesh. Is this what you call "off base?" :):

It's impossible not to. Politics touches every aspect of our lives, from liberty, to economics, to the prevalence of crime, and so much more.

Bull****. Half the country doesn't give a rat's ass about politics.

I live in misery? I'm not happy and never will be? I'm actually very happy. I have a great life, great family, great job, nice house in a nice neighborhood, and I'm all set to have a healthy retirement income. Where I spend that retirement has to include the politics of the area I live. It's not about "owning libs", it's about living in an area that isn't going to be dragged down by liberal politics.

Keep telling yourself that, while you let other people dictate where and how you live.

When I lived in the city as a kid, if you were being foolish and throwing crabapples at a streetlight, or playing ding dong ditch, your parents knew about your antics before you even got home, because the neighbor 20 houses away that yelled at you and told you to stop, had gone inside and called everyone's parents and ratted them out. Does anyone even know anyone who lives 20 doors down the street nowadays? No. It's all "snitches get stitches", MYOB, don't make yourself the next target. That's what liberalism brought to the cities.

Well gee, that just sounds like a dream world. People 20 houses down the street in my business 24/7. What an awesome, conservative utopia! :):

When I said I was nearly old age, that was a joke. I know, I should use purple text more often, as some people are too tightly wound to identify subtle humor. Cut me some slack, I'm old and I don't fully understand how this whole internet thing works.

That better? Now, a word of advice from the older generation. Switch to decaf, it'll help with that whole tension and anger thing you got going on there. Do you need me to purple any of that for you? :cool:

A word of advice from the "older generation?" Dude, you are 5 years older than me. You can knock of the "old and wise" schtick.

:rolleyes: :):

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    He does have a valid point of discussion. Did we surrender the inner city? In a way I think we did but I think it was by careful design. Kennedy and McCarthy both along with other house and senate members warned us as early as the 50s that the democratic party had been infiltrated by communists. When you read the planks of communism (I think that is right by Karl Marx) he says one of the things is they have to take over the inner cities, along with remove God from schools and dumb down education so they can turn out drones.
    So yes, in some since we did give up ground but in another , we had to because the ones growing up under the new education system would not listen.
    Jefferson said this for a reason , the tree of liberty MUST be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
    He didn't just pull that out of his ass, Jefferson and some others ,even by today's standards were not only geniuses but also historians and knew this was bound to happen.
    Read the declaration of independence, the Federalist notes and the constitution, they all tie together very clearly in stating this is why we are endowed with certain rights... ie... being necessary for a free and secure state.... you know the rest.

I went to public school in Lebanon and turned out pretty well.

Was chatting with a buddy of mine this weekend at a bonfire. He works with the youth downtown at Good News.

They got a few of the kids into some of the private Christian schools with vouchers and what not.

He said they were struggling. “Because the Christian school actually requires something of them.”

Personally, I feel pretty good. It took the MSM, Social Media, Hollywood, Covid, mass mail in ballots, and possibly some hanky panky at the polls to beat Trump.

All of the above directs the thought processes of at least half the country. But the school system is where they get indoctrinated.

The intelligent go off to college and come out with a Masters in social justice and a minor Marxism.

The rest fall on the public dole and do what they’re told so they can keep getting their freebies.

K-12 education needs a hefty dose of capitalism and fast. Let competition, and not state run “teach to the test” indoctrination centers have its way.

But how do you accomplish that? We don’t want the federal government making any more decrees in local education. And it’s the local school boards, across the country, that have allowed (perpetuated) this problem.

The problems are so systemic. The left has control of almost everything.

I don’t see how this ends well...

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

Was chatting with a buddy of mine this weekend at a bonfire. He works with the youth downtown at Good News.

They got a few of the kids into some of the private Christian schools with vouchers and what not.

He said they were struggling. “Because the Christian school actually requires something of them.”

Personally, I feel pretty good. It took the MSM, Social Media, Hollywood, Covid, mass mail in ballots, and possibly some hanky panky at the polls to beat Trump.

All of the above directs the thought processes of at least half the country. But the school system is where they get indoctrinated.

The intelligent go off to college and come out with a Masters in social justice and a minor Marxism.

The rest fall on the public dole and do what they’re told so they can keep getting their freebies.

K-12 education needs a hefty dose of capitalism and fast. Let competition, and not state run “teach to the test” indoctrination centers have its way.

But how do you accomplish that? We don’t want the federal government making any more decrees in local education. And it’s the local school boards, across the country, that have allowed (perpetuated) this problem.

I think I have to agree with everything you said. The only good ending is when christ return, until then it will keep breaking down... I hope he returns soon because it has reached boiling point.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The lives of those in flyover country aren't that important to the ruling classes, who live in secure communities and send their kids to the best schools. Here in the sticks we're plebs by design, with little chance of getting off the estate and moving to work as servants in the lord's castle.

We have been moving this direction for decades, and the recent sacrifice of the Blue cities only underlines that our rulers really aren't that concerned with conditions. As long as the plebs are at each other's throats and not storming the castle with torches and pitchforks, it's mission accomplished for them. :twocents:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think I have to agree with everything you said. The only good ending is when christ return, until then it will keep breaking down... I hope he returns soon because it has reached boiling point.

Well that’s where all this is headed. That’s the good news, no pun intended.

Just don’t want to roll over.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Right. That's what I said. You view everything through a political mesh. Is this what you call "off base?" :):

Bull****. Half the country doesn't give a rat's ass about politics.

Keep telling yourself that, while you let other people dictate where and how you live.

Well gee, that just sounds like a dream world. People 20 houses down the street in my business 24/7. What an awesome, conservative utopia! :):

A word of advice from the "older generation?" Dude, you are 5 years older than me. You can knock of the "old and wise" schtick.

:rolleyes: :):

Man, you are wound so tight it's cracking me up!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If being happy was all that mattered in life, I don't think this country would even exist.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Man, you are wound so tight it's cracking me up!

Glad I could bring some levity into your life of worrying about "surrendering ground." :):

If being happy was all that mattered in life, I don't think this country would even exist.

I dunno...the founding fathers thought the pursuit of happiness was kind of important. I think I read that somewhere.

:)

Top Bottom