• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Face it, BLM's summer of glory has emboldened black racists, who will create any grievance necessary to beat others into submission and burnish their own social media cred.

This fact, combined with Cracker Barrel's past issues on race, results in this pathetic, craven scene. (It is painful to read the corporate kowtowing in their statement)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Would this be an example of that "unconscious bias" I was just reading about?

The current times make me almost thankful most of my life is behind me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So we are not allowed to tie the electrical cords up any more since it vaguely resembles a hangman's knot...
    I wrap all of my cords up like that. I guess I better make sure no one that might complain ever goes in my garage.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So we are not allowed to tie the electrical cords up any more since it vaguely resembles a hangman's knot...
    I wrap all of my cords up like that. I guess I better make sure no one that might complain ever goes in my garage.

I bet you have a white sheet in your linen closet as well.
    It’s all coming together.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hey, it got Bubba Wallace his 15 minutes of ridicule. If it works for the Jussie Smollett of NASCAR, why not Every. Lunch. Patron. Ever?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    They're mad about a cord that looks like a noose. You're mad at them for being mad about a cord that looks like a noose.

Different wings, same bird. How about we all just don't sweat it and move on with life.

I was never a big Cracker Barrel patron, but on the occasion I want to go there this event isn't going to cross my mind, I’ll probably just want Fish Fry Friday.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They're mad about a cord that looks like a noose. You're mad at them for being mad about a cord that looks like a noose.

Different wings, same bird. How about we all just don't sweat it and move on with life.

I was never a big Cracker Barrel patron, but on the occasion I want to go there this event isn't going to cross my mind, I’ll probably just want Fish Fry Friday.

It is far from different wings on the same bird. If we do not get this corporate capitulation to nonsense stopped before it reaches even more ridiculous levels, you could lose your job and livelihood over a misunderstanding. That isn't even the same bird, much less wing...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland

​You have entirely missed the point.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ​You have entirely missed the point.

No, I think he got.

The business made a tactical decision that it's in their best interest to apologize. Married men do it all. the. time.

Someone got upset and wants the "noose" down, now someone's getting upset and wants the "noose" up.
    Different sides of the coin, but the same level of butthurt. Both sides should calm down and just eat the country fried steak.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, I think he got.

The business made a tactical decision that it's in their best interest to apologize. Married men do it all. the. time.

Someone got upset and wants the "noose" down, now someone's getting upset and wants the "noose" up.
    Different sides of the coin, but the same level of butthurt. Both sides should calm down and just eat the country fried steak.

Come on man, no one wants the "noose" up. It is not a "noose". It is a powercord. Folks are tired of our companies bending over backwards for butthurt that is in the imagination of the beholder.

This is is another example of why so many like Trump, he calls a spade a spade...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I tend to go to the extreme when any of this crap comes up. Everyone has the right to be offended? Ya ya ya, I say everyone has the right to offend others. Now, what I claim others do not have the right to is using physical violence because they are offended. That is called assault and will recieve the appropriate measures to insure it does not continue. I watched a black comedian on Youtube that I have enjoyed the honest brutality of in the past. This time however he said something that got me thinking. It revolved around the simple word "triggered". In training I recieved years ago in the military there were words that were called trigger words. There has been a "trigger" word in particular that I just out of common courtesy have avoided most of my life. I continue to hear it used by those in a group that claim it offends them. If you are allowed to use a vocabulary word, I'M ALLOWED TO USE THAT SAME WORD! If you may strike me for using the word, I'M ALLOWED TO SMITE YOU ALSO! Don't want smited? Don't smite. Don't want to hear a word? Don't say the word. What the commedian asked was, "Are you triggered yet?" In that one question he unraveled the twist placed in my mind during the trigger word training from years ago. All a trigger word does is offends the triggered. To be honest, I don't give a rat's patuty anymore.

The point is that this continued path if allowed will derail your rights.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This reminds me a lot of the incident when a child got expelled from school for chewing a pop tart into a shape vaguely resembling a handgun.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When everything is racism, nothing is.

If you're "offended" by a wire hanging out of a ceiling, maybe it is not because you are black. Maybe you're just a candyass.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Under US law there is no such crime as hate speech.
    Hate Speech and Hate Crime | Advocacy, Legislation & Issues

The point is that this continued path if allowed will derail your rights.

Huh? Where's the hate crime? Where's the rights issue?

1. It seems to me that this self-serving "journalist" found is golden ticket on the ceiling of a Cracker Barrel. He then uses it for a 15 minute claim to fame.
    2. Cracker Barrel does some damage control (with a healthy dose of internal eye rolling), and removes one pointless piece of junk from the ceiling of one store.
    3. Almost every sane person knows the guy's an idiot, and Cracker Barrel is doing the business equivalent of "Bless yer heart", because they're in the business of foisting grits onto America, not Twitter controversies (that's Wendy's turf).
    4. The right decides that is not enough. "How dare they not stand up and potentially ruin sales and openly tell this dofus to pound sand!"
    5. Now we've got people trying to form a boycott on Cracker Barrel because they did the pragmatic thing.

For CB, I guess it's damned if you don't, damned if you do.
    For the idiot, he's getting his wish -fame, and Cracker Barrel is feeling some heat. Seeing that he's from Connecticut, I suspect it's because he hates grits.

How about not playing into Alfonso Robinson's hands and simply ignoring the whole issue?

He made a baseless attack on Cracker Barrel, so you're going to punish Cracker Barrel? Yeah that make sense. :rolleyes:

If you can't go out to eat without some retarded bs politics, then learn to cook at home. (I say that mostly to Mr. Robinson)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Face it, BLM's summer of glory has emboldened black racists, who will create any grievance necessary to beat others into submission and burnish their own social media cred.

This fact, combined with Cracker Barrel's past issues on race, results in this pathetic, craven scene. (It is painful to read the corporate kowtowing in their statement)

I can not read it. I already know what it says and why these sissy's are saying it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I get offended just seeing the "Cracker Barrel" sign.

Screw you guys. You're not getting me into a barrel.

[but I have to admit, never was there a more appropriately named restaurant...Red Lobster, on the other hand.....not so much with the red.]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I get offended just seeing the "Cracker Barrel" sign.

Screw you guys. You're not getting me into a barrel.

[but I have to admit, never was there a more appropriately named restaurant...Red Lobster, on the other hand.....not so much with the red.]

Your sense of humor is a welcome change from the otherwise prevalent atmosphere.

Top Bottom