• Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Who had middle east war for November on your 2020 Bingo card? :):

iran.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-last-week-but-held-off-source-idUSKBN27X02C

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Iran has been on the list for years and the list hasn't gone away.
    The plan has only been temporarily slowed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, it can't be to sway the election. That's over. And as far as swaying opinions, good luck with that. :):

If everything I read that I don't agree with is a lie, why bother reading anything?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you don't read how are you going to know what the deception du jour is?
    But always remember, it doesn't have to be a lie to be a deception with a lying spirit.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm increasingly wondering why I should even care. Everything is a lie or half-truth. And there's not a damn thing that any of us can do about it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Who cares. Nuke 'em....don't nuke 'em. He asked his advisors and made his decision. Something an intelligent person would do in his position.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm increasingly wondering why I should even care. Everything is a lie or half-truth. And there's not a damn thing that any of us can do about it.

Respectfully, I think this is what they want you to believe. I look at it as, after '94 or so we took over the majority of state legislatures, showing the ideas we support resonate with everyday people still to this day. Then we surprised our wannabe masters and elected Trump, at a time when how he would perform was an unknown - people just wanted something, anything different and were willing to take that chance. Then in what IMO was the most compromised election ever and despite the media and tech in lockstep support of the Democrats and actively suppressing right or right-center viewpoints we fought them to a standstill, and arguably would have defeated them in a fair election

I don't think we despair. I think we begin planning now to throw a monkey wrench into whatever stupid **** they want to do, challenge everything in the courts and drag our feet, with the goal of also holding the senate and retaking thge house in '22. Then, if they obey the rule of law, their reign is effectively over. They will kick and squirm and try to make electoral hay over Republican 'obstructionism' but the mask is off and that strategy will be even less successful than it was for Obama. We need to make sure any state we control adopts secure voting rules and we keep the Electoral College sacrosanct. We need to convince our brothers that running third party candidates will be destructive in '22 and especially in'24, and we need to settle on either a successor for Trump who will be a fighter and a worthy heir or we want Trump (who, at 78 in 2024 will be no older than Biden is now) to run again. We need to get what divisiveness we are vulnerable to well behind us and ideally coalesce behind a standard-bearer as early as possible. There is plenty to keep us busy at the local, state and federal level while we wait out this leftward lurch in our politics. For instance, here in Ohio we need a better governor and a switch to two republican senators from the one of each we have now

We nearly had it all against the longest odds possible short of a real military coup, and that was only at the thought of what the Democrats stand for. Wait until we have lived under whatever they can manage to contrive for two years. It may not save the republic forever, but I believe we can swing that pendulum even further to the right at least one more time

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

If by Rudyard Kipling

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yep, to win any battle the first thing you need to do is convince your opponent that they're fixing to lose.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Respectfully, I think this is what they want you to believe. I look at it as, after '94 or so we took over the majority of state legislatures, showing the ideas we support resonate with everyday people still to this day. Then we surprised our wannabe masters and elected Trump, at a time when how he would perform was an unknown - people just wanted something, anything different and were willing to take that chance. Then in what IMO was the most compromised election ever and despite the media and tech in lockstep support of the Democrats and actively suppressing right or right-center viewpoints we fought them to a standstill, and arguably would have defeated them in a fair election

I don't think we despair. I think we begin planning now to throw a monkey wrench into whatever stupid **** they want to do, challenge everything in the courts and drag our feet, with the goal of also holding the senate and retaking thge house in '22. Then, if they obey the rule of law, their reign is effectively over. They will kick and squirm and try to make electoral hay over Republican 'obstructionism' but the mask is off and that strategy will be even less successful than it was for Obama. We need to make sure any state we control adopts secure voting rules and we keep the Electoral College sacrosanct. We need to convince our brothers that running third party candidates will be destructive in '22 and especially in'24, and we need to settle on either a successor for Trump who will be a fighter and a worthy heir or we want Trump (who, at 78 in 2024 will be no older than Biden is now) to run again. We need to get what divisiveness we are vulnerable to well behind us and ideally coalesce behind a standard-bearer as early as possible. There is plenty to keep us busy at the local, state and federal level while we wait out this leftward lurch in our politics. For instance, here in Ohio we need a better governor and a switch to two republican senators from the one of each we have now

We nearly had it all against the longest odds possible short of a real military coup, and that was only at the thought of what the Democrats stand for. Wait until we have lived under whatever they can manage to contrive for two years. It may not save the republic forever, but I believe we can swing that pendulum even further to the right at least one more time

I agree with this post.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02 again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

If by Rudyard Kipling

[h=1]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”[/h]
    Also Rudyard Kipling. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If this is true, what bothers me most is that we know about it.

Proof, if any was needed, that government is still riddled with apparatchiks who place their own desires ahead of the security and well being of the country and our men and women in uniform

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Proof, if any was needed, that government is still riddled with apparatchiks who place their own desires ahead of the security and well being of the country and our men and women in uniform

And invariably transmit any and all information to “Washington Pravda” and “New York Izvestia”.

HONOLULU, T.H. 30 May 1942 (AP)

“Reliable sources in the Naval Intelligence community report that indications have been received of Japanese intentions to attack Midway Island in the outer Hawaiian island chain . . . “

Top Bottom