• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems more like a realization that a person's municipal government may not let the police do their job because; wokeness and perhaps those people should be empowered to protect what they have worked for if no one else will

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Today I learned that a law allowing a person to defend themselves from a violent mob is “nutty”.

You should take up the hobby of learning to read.

Florida's self-defense law would be updated to include looting, criminal mischief and arson "that results in the interruption or impairment of a business operation" as justifications for using physical force, including lethal options, against a person.
    Looting "means committing burglary within 500 feet of a violent or disorderly assembly," according to the draft legislation, which was shared with NBC News.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, is this just out of the blue? Or is it perhaps how those people 'within 500 feet of a violent or disorderly assembly' are conducting themselves. Don't start no wild west and there won't be no wild west

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Florida's self-defense law would be updated to include looting, criminal mischief and arson "that results in the interruption or impairment of a business operation" as justifications for using physical force, including lethal options, against a person.
    Looting "means committing burglary within 500 feet of a violent or disorderly assembly," according to the draft legislation, which was shared with NBC News.

Yes, all things related to being attacked and set upon by a violent mob. Perhaps a continuing education course is in order for you in context?

There is a sure fire way the people that have a fear of running afoul of this law can avoid the risk associated with it.
    It's a nutty world view for sure. Crazy even. Some might say impossible to adhere to...

DON'T ATTACK AND LOOT OTHER PEOPLE!
    ^^^^^^^^ crazy talk.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Reported for snark!

No, not really, but I've heard they're cracking down around here, so you may want to take note.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Sounds good to me.

I'm all for a business owner dispatching looting thugs.....dispatch them straight to extinction as far as I am concerned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't see a problem with this law. This looks like it's basically making what the Koreans did during the LA riots explicitly legal.

Maybe it's not that PC can't read. Has it occurred that he just things differently?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And you may want to tone down the snark. Test me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't see a problem with this law. This looks like it's basically making what the Koreans did during the LA riots explicitly legal.

Maybe it's not that PC can't read. Has it occurred that he just things differently?
    If it says that is has to be your store or property, maybe. If it covers anyone shooting anyone supposedly involved in a riot/looting, I would have issues with it. There is way too much opportunity for abuse of that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If it says that is has to be your store or property, maybe. If it covers anyone shooting anyone supposedly involved in a riot/looting, I would have issues with it. There is way too much opportunity for abuse of that.

So you post something "they" don't like, "they" say that "they" are coming to destroy your business, your friends and family come to assist you in protecting the business you spent your life building, but only you can shoot?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you post something "they" don't like, "they" say that "they" are coming to destroy your business, your friends and family come to assist you in protecting the business you spent your life building, but only you can shoot?

I can't really speak for KLB, but I took it to mean that say, you're driving down the street and see a business being looted (not one you own or have anything to do with - just a random business). I think in that case it wouldn't be a good shoot if you were to roll up and take out one or more of the looters. That gets into vigilantism territory.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can't really speak for KLB, but I took it to mean that say, you're driving down the street and see a business being looted (not one you own or have anything to do with - just a random business). I think in that case it wouldn't be a good shoot if you were to roll up and take out one or more of the looters. That gets into vigilantism territory.

Makes sense...

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    While i don't plan on driving around looking for looters so i can shoot 'em, i won't lose any sleep over someone who does at this point. If a handful of looters took the room temperature challenge, others may question the wisdom of taking $#%! That's not theirs. The instinct of self preservation is a strong tool in changing behavior. I bet it wouldn't take more than a handful of armed citizens standing up in a handful of communities to make it clear that law abiding citizens are tired of lawlessness.

Top Bottom