Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just gonna leave this here for those that have 16% or less of a 5-digit post count OUTSIDE of the political venues. This domain name is for sale. Just saying, it's not too late in life to start a farm.

https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=timetoargue&e=com

I'm on board with the entire section of the forum drifting away into the sunset with Grace Kelly. I'm not even a mod or participator in there. But sweet Roosevelt Christ. You guys know who you are. You are running off the decent folk because of your constant banter.

Carry on. I just realized I wasted all that finger energy ...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I found myself posting way too much in the political forums and still do but i've tried to balance it out with contributing to the other forums actually about guns. I do know what you mean though, some members do not leave politics to the point I question if they are even gun owners lol.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Just gonna leave this here for those that have 16% or less of a 5-digit post count OUTSIDE of the political venues. This domain name is for sale. Just saying, it's not too late in life to start a farm.

I'm on board with the entire section of the forum drifting away into the sunset with Grace Kelly. I'm not even a mod or participator in there. But sweet Roosevelt Christ. You guys know who you are. You are running off the decent folk because of your constant banter.

Did you see my buck from this season?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Interesting post. Sort of like more government control. Who can go where, who can say what? On a freedom based website, I find it interesting that there would be solicitation for greater regulation and restriction. I understand the need for rules and basic controls.....BUT.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Your wasted finger energy, is somebody else's "captive eyeballs" and revenue stream. And heck, this site has already been sold once, and survived it fine. It's usually a sign the owner has cultivated a good asset with value, which others want to buy.

No need for you to leave with your feelings hurt. Feel free to use the scroll bar and back button, if appropriate. I'll be glad to show you how.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting post. Sort of like more government control. Who can go where, who can say what? On a freedom based website, I find it interesting that there would be solicitation for greater regulation and restriction. I understand the need for rules and basic controls.....BUT.

Are you serious. Really. Read THE POST.
    It has not a damn thing to do with control. I have gotten a number of PM's text and calls from solid people who have had it.

If you think you are one of those members then maybe you are.
    If you are not then you will know that as well.

I often wonder about some of those folks myself.

Control.......:faint:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'm not by any means asking for "more regulations". People can just leave it alone on their own accord. Take it elsewhere. The entire newsfeed is an endless regurgitation of that sector of the site. It's a constant "I'm right"/my opinion matters **** measuring contest.
    It's not called INPoliticalArguments.
    I like guns, and gun related accessories, mmmmkkkaayyyyy.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    55% of mine are outside of this subform.

100% of mine are high quality.
    60% of the time, it works everytime.
    giphy.gif

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I do sometimes have to remind myself that this is "Indiana Gun Owners" as it seems that there are more than a few people on this site that appear to have never mentioned anything about firearms or firearm ownership.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I do sometimes have to remind myself that this is "Indiana Gun Owners" as it seems that there are more than a few people on this site that appear to have never mentioned anything about firearms or firearm ownership.

There's one member that I've only seen post in the "games" threads in the Break Room (Song title game, "two words" game, etc..). :dunno:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I'm not by any means asking for "more regulations". People can just leave it alone on their own accord. Take it elsewhere. The entire newsfeed is an endless regurgitation of that sector of the site. It's a constant "I'm right"/my opinion matters **** measuring contest.

I get that you may not like the politics and other stuff, but who is making you go there?

Maybe start your own gun forum and not allow it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

There are threads for you to discuss those things. This is the Politics forum.

If the politics bothers you that much, you can go in the other room where the football game is on. Or gib-gab on the words thread. Or whatever.

You came into the Politics forum, telling people they need to take Politics elsewhere.

My opinion, in response to your apparent pot-stirring attempt, is I think you are the one who needs to take it elsewhere.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    It’s not a forum issue; it’s a people issue.

I feel that it would be wrong to eliminate a sub-forum because of a few hardheaded people who violate forum rules.

Politics and religion is a very personal topic for many...... just as caliber size, how often you clean a gun, lube or grease and even how to aim.

I’ve seen many hardheaded arguments in all sub-forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I like guns too, but my first exposure to INGO was the political pic thread in the lead up to the 2016 election. After that, I stuck around, became a site supporter, and even got to know some of the NWI folks.

How does the Political sub-forum encroach on the rest of the site? I would think people not interested would just stay away. There are several sections of the site I've never visited - not interested.

I don't understand your comment about the newsfeed. Can you explain?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom