Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Talking 9/12 Tea Party ~largest event ever held in Washington DC!

The media did not cover it until after it was over. It was characterized as having a turnout of "tens of thousands" of protestors.

Here is the truth:
    American Thinker Blog: 9/12 demonstration a record DC turnout: National Park Service
    9-12 Demonstration a Record in DC
    September 13, 2009
    Thomas Lifson

The truth will out. Despite mainstream media attempts to characterize turnout as in the thousands, a spokesman for the National Park Service, Dan Bana, is quoted as saying "It is a record.... We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D.C., ever."

Democrats and their media acolytes may wish this weren't so, and they may even employ the Ostrich Strategy, burying their collective heads in the sand, pretending that a major important political movement isn't happening. But they only hasten their own demise in doing so.

Meanwhile, Gateway Pundit compares the littler left behind on 9/12 with the aftermath of the Obama inauguration. It is a startling contrast.

9/12

Obama inauguration

Last edited by melensdad; 09-14-2009 at 06:42.

User Info Menu

I thought it was interesting that the capital police declined to give an estimate on the number. I'm sure it will come out, and this will be yet another thing to blow up in the obamas face.

Master

User Info Menu

Master

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

What's our saying here?....If there's no pictures, it didn't happen.
    Well, our media beleives the same thing....If they didn't cover it, it never happened.
    Don't worry though, it'll all be over before they know it.

User Info Menu

That first picture is AMAZING!

This one is excellent too!

Rep added Melen!

User Info Menu

I heard 1.5 Million people.

Marksman

User Info Menu

...and nothing but the sound of crickets from the MSM.

Thanks for the link -- I'd rep ya, but looks like I have to spread it around more first....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    I heard 1.5 Million people.
    ABC NEWS has issued a retraction. It was reported by several small media sources that ABC claimed that there were 2 Million people in DC for the event. ABC now is claiming that they never reported that 2 Million people attended

So now the story is spinning off side stories

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News
    ABC News Was Misquoted on Crowd Size
    ABC News Reported D.C. Rally Size in Tens of Thousands, Not 1M to 1.5M as Activist Said.

Sept. 13, 2009

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration's health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

A crowd of people, some carrying signs, are shown during a rally at Freedom Plaza in Washington on...
    (Jose Luis Magana/AP Photo)

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally Saturday that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    ABC News Was Misquoted on Crowd Size
    ABC News Reported D.C. Rally Size in Tens of Thousands, Not 1M to 1.5M as Activist Said.

Sept. 13, 2009

ABC sure is concerned about being connected to an accurate news report.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast