Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

FYI NICS Appeals, process time way up!

Just received an e-mail concerning an appeal I am handling.

The wait time is now up to 140 days! Just for reference earlier this year I had a decision inside 60 days.

The redacted e-mail reads as follows:

Your transaction is still waiting to be worked at this time. Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) and appeal cases are processed in the order in which they are received;therefore, I am unable to give you a time-frame on when the VAF/appeal will becompleted.

Due to the high volume of VAF and appeal applications currently being received as well as the scope and complexity specific to each case, the current processing time for an appeal and/or VAF request is approximately 140 days.

NICS Section
    CJIS Division

FYI, be advised, strong message follows,

Kirk
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

I called & inquired about about my appeal & was told 150 days. I have 110 days to wait. To me, it is no big deal, I just have to wait a few days to pick up my gun. I keep getting the approvals.

User Info Menu

Was not sure what the VAF was & google gave me this:

NICS Voluntary Appeal File Brochure in English

OK I understand that the FBI NCIS section **CANNOT** retain the appeal decision and thus the form is needed to ensure that the next time a denial/delay does not occur over the item that the appeal the last time overturned.

So why can the FBI NCIS check NOT update with the information in the appeal?
    Also what type of info would deny/delay the NCIS check that the appeal would overturn?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeeStreet View Post
    I called & inquired about about my appeal & was told 150 days. I have 110 days to wait. To me, it is no big deal, I just have to wait a few days to pick up my gun. I keep getting the approvals.
    wait a minute...... you have an NICS appeal in the works, yet you have bought guns since the denial and have gotten approved???????? if thats true, then talk about a flawed system!
    RIFLEMAN

I love 'lovemywoods'' woods!

User Info Menu

Here is my encounter with this issue. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask....

http://ingunowners.com/forums/politi...a_firearm.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    wait a minute...... you have an NICS appeal in the works, yet you have bought guns since the denial and have gotten approved???????? if thats true, then talk about a flawed system!
    I never said anything about a denial. On the form , it is called a VAF appeal form.

User Info Menu

Yes, the VAF gives you a UPIN number. So why would you put yourself in the VAF if you weren't denied?

User Info Menu

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LeeStreet View Post
    I am a little lost here as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlasterResto View Post
    I am a little lost here as well.
    It is also for the purpose of not being DELAYED, so you can take the gun with you at the time of purchase.

User Info Menu

Gotcha. Never met someone that filed just for being delayed. So that brings us back around to the point that you said you had an Appeal. For being delayed? They don't do appeals for delays. They only do appeals for denials. So that means you were denied... or not? And if you were denied, buying guns during your appeal can get you in some serious hot water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast