• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The 10th Amendment Center has a look at nullifying the feds by simply ignoring them. Looks like NJ is set to approve a medical marijuana initiative, regardless of what the feds and their supporters say.

From 10th Amendment Center

Skeptics of the 10th Amendment Movement will often say something to the effect of – “It’s all talk, the Supreme Court has already ruled against just about everything you’re trying!”
    They’re clearly missing the point.
    This movement is not about waiting for Federal judges or Federal politicians to give us permission to exercise our rights – it’s about exercising our rights whether they want us to or not.
    Possibly the greatest example of this in action is the decade-plus long movement to legalize marijuana for medical use on a state-by-state level.
    Here’s the short story. Where I live in California, voters long-ago approved a law to allow medical marijuana. The feds balked – and “assured” people that federal law on this was supreme. DEA raids ensued. People were arrested and fined. People in California sued. It went to the supreme court. They lost.
    What happened? Without legislation from Congress, and even in the face of a Supreme Court that ruled against them, the people of my home state basically said – “ok, you’ve got your opinion, we’ve got ours!” And today, there’s more outlets for marijuana in Los Angeles County than there are Starbucks.
    In the meantime, a number of other states started passing their own medical marijuana laws, and today, the number stands at 13.
    And, according to a report in Politics Daily, that number may soon be 14:
    The New Jersey Senate has approved a bill legalizing the use of marijuana for medical purposes.
    The legislation will now head to the state Assembly, which is expected to pass it, and then on to the governor’s desk. The outgoing Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine has indicated he would sign the measure if it reaches him before he steps down in January
    What’s the moral of the story? Nullification works. If enough states pass laws that oppose, or simply refuse to comply with, federal laws or regulations – D.C. simply doesn’t have the manpower to enforce them.
    So kudos to you, New Jersey – it’s just another kink in the armor that will enable other states to take action on issues that are important to them as well.
    Copyright © 2009 by TenthAmendmentCenter.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.
    Michael Boldin is the founder of the Tenth Amendment Center. He was raised in Milwaukee, WI, and currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :rockwoot: As much as I'd like to have seen the Montana initiatives be the state law that brought this back to the forefront, I'll take legalizing marijuana. :D

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    :rockwoot: As much as I'd like to have seen the Montana initiatives be the state law that brought this back to the forefront, I'll take legalizing marijuana. :D

I want to be able to grow hemp without unconstitutional (9th Amendment) regulations. I can't believe it is essentially illegal to grow a plant that only provides benefits.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The 10th Amendment Center has a look at nullifying the feds by simply ignoring them. Looks like NJ is set to approve a medical marijuana initiative, regardless of what the feds and their supporters say.

From 10th Amendment Center
    \

As much as I would love for it to work that way, it doesn't.
    States would have to actively work against the Feds for it to work, all the Feds have to do is say "if you don't do as we say you don't get money from us" that's how they did it when the federal speed limit was enacted, if states didn't limit the speeds to 65mph or under they didn't get federal funds for roads.

State legislatures would have to pass legislation that would prohibit federal taxes from being collected if the feds didn't abide by the state regulations. And enforce it by protecting the citizens. ie CA and the medical mj laws there, it is legal for people to grow it to distribute it for medical reasons, but how many have been prosecuted under fed law for doing it? They would almost have to wage war against the feds, protect the citizens upto and including armed resistance.

How many states would do that?

Top Bottom