• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    You know, if it weren't for the unwarranted and warantless wiretrapping and copying of all voice and electronic communications made within the country, you know... I just might. Almost.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Miss Me Yet Billboard

billboard.jpg

This is a real billboard that was bought by a group of small biz some of it's members were I7BO supporters! LOL!!! :laugh:

For all of the wonderful things life in the Internet age provides us, there are some notable drawbacks. One of them is that email and popular social media tools like Twitter and Facebook provide powerful launching pads for unchecked rumors and popular myths. Often these rumors and myths are proven false by websites like Snopes.com and FactCheck.org, but not this time.

The Internet has been abuzz with rumors that if you drive down Interstate 35 near the town of Wyoming, Minnesota, you'll see a billboard bearing the image of a smiling George W. Bush accompanied by the question "Miss me yet?" The online rumors were confirmed by this image:

(Photo courtesy of ABC News.)
    Many initially thought the picture was a hoax created through Photoshop. But now multiple people have confirmed its existence. The mystery surrounding the billboard quickly morphed from a "Fact or Fiction?" story into a genuine "Whodunit?" Who paid for the ad, and what was their motivation? Are they Obama supporters sarcastically hoping to remind disgruntled liberals about how things were under Bush, or are they Bush supporters sincerely hoping to remind voters of the past administration?

To get some answers, Yahoo! News tracked down Mary McNamara, the general manager at the Minneapolis office of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising, the company which owns and leases out the billboard space.

"The ad was purchased by a group of small business owners who wish to remain anonymous," McNamara said. However, McNamara did offer this political bombshell: "Some of the people in the group who paid for this were Obama supporters."
    McNamara told us that the message the group hoped to convey was one of "Hope and change, where is it?" She went on to say that she has yet to receive any negative feedback about the ad, which has been up for about a month, and added that some have even contacted her office offering to donate money to keep it up.
    However, not everyone is buying McNamara's portrayal of the group's ideological makeup. Cindy Erickson, the chairwoman of the Democratic Party in Chisago County, where the billboard is located, suspects the ad's funders are conservative activists posing as Obama supporters.
    "I don't have any idea who did it, but my thought was that they're Tea Party people," she said. "Regardless, it's been the subject of many conversations around here."
    While Minnesota has long been a blue state, Chisago is part of a Republican-leaning string of suburban counties surrounding Minneapolis and St. Paul, and Obama lost the 2008 vote in Chisago by 10%. But Erickson argued that local Democrats who voted for him are content with the job the president is doing. She added that if the intent of the ad was to reflect poorly on Obama, then it's failed to deliver its message.

"I think most people have interpreted their message to be 'If you think it's bad now, don't forget how bad it used to be,'" she said. "It's just a goofy photo of him. It's goofy."

Yahoo! News' attempts to get a comment on the billboard from George W. Bush's representatives were unsuccessful.
    -- Brett Michael Dykes is a contributor to the Yahoo! News blog
    SOURCE: Mystery swirls around George W. Bush 'Miss me yet?' billboard - Yahoo! News

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ]YouTube - Must See Hilarious George Bush Bloopers![/ame]

You gotta give Obama props for one thing though. ATleast he knows how to give a speech! lol

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Fixed it for ya! :D
    +1 Obama doesn't know how to give a speech, he just knows how to read a teleprompter, and he even does it better than his wife does. I recently saw an ad on TV with the 1st lady calling for donations to the Red Cross or something for Haiti. It was a very simple message that should've been simple to remember for anybody with half a brain, but you could clearly see her eyes tracking back and forth reading the teleprompter, she never once made eye-contact with the camera. I thought it was hilarious, at least Obama can do it without making it so obvious.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    lol Figured that would get some people fired up. To be honest I think both of them are idiots. But it does suck that everyone is blaming Obama for everything. When the economy was already in a slump when he took over. Just kinda like when everyone blamed Bush for the **** he came into after Clinton. It always happens. I just wish we had someone in there that supported the 2A, was anit-abortion and did what was best for us. I dont see that hapening anytime soon. lol

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I just wish we had someone in there that supported the 2A, was anit-abortion and did what was best for us. I dont see that hapening anytime soon. lol

yes...hear hear....this is exactly why I DO MISS him...he was far more than the liberal media would allow us to see

he is bashed for trying to make up for those who went before him.....how long will it take the next one to FIX what the current one is messing up?

tom
    post slut :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    And you don't think BHO isn't?

I have this nice lake front property in Phoenix to sell.....

Not what I said, if you'll read it.

Oblama is just picking up the football where Bush left it and RUNNING toward the endzone.

If Bush hadn't started it, Oblama couldn't run with it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    YouTube - Must See Hilarious George Bush Bloopers!

You gotta give Obama props for one thing though. ATleast he knows how to give a speech! lol

I know you were funnin' but he shore do give a goood speeache when them promptrs' are a workin'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU]YouTube - Obama lost without a teleprompter[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiow64UjuQQ]YouTube - President Obama's Teleprompter Crashes During Speech![/ame]

:laugh:

Top Bottom