• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    We lost the war on drugs starting as far back with the The Eighteenth Amendment (Amendment XVIII) and further with the taxation : The Harrison Narcotics Tax Act :
    Harrison Narcotics Tax Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We like drugs .. we want drugs and as long as there is an oppressively unfair tax for the purpose of prohibition or prohibition it self you will have a black
    market for an item .... John Hancock was a smuggler.

If you watch the video , read the article what they are doing are warrantless searches .. yes for the FULL BODY Scan they said you needed one ... buy any one that flies knows that you get searched without any probable cause ... and please don't give me the you make the choice to fly ... Yes I do .. and the Police and the TSA make the choice to take an oath to the Constitution .

The fact the airport searches are allowed is what has set the stage for this to spill over into the streets .

Their uniforms should be Red .. not camo .. The Quarter Master made a mistake .

New York National Guard Units Scan Vehicles For Gun Confiscations

" Under the umbrella of the “war on drugs” and in complete violation of Posse Comitatus, National Guard units in New York are engaged in a “domestic fight” targeting American citizens with new ionization swabbing technology that enables them to “find drugs or weapons” via undervehicle inspections of cars based on the flimsiest of pretexts. "

New York National Guard Units Scan Vehicles For Gun Confiscations | Republic Broadcasting Network

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRj_Q9F5s4]YouTube - New York National Guard Units Scan Vehicles For Gun Confiscations[/ame]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I enjoy the war on drugs, it's what I do every day. It's challenging, rewarding and sometimes exciting. Nothing pleases me more than taking huge lumps of money and property from someone who earned it illegally and hasn't paid a dime in taxes.

All you have to do is get 150 million+ people in this country to agree with your point of view and it can all go away. I'd have to find something else to do every day but I can live with that, there are plenty of other crimes being committed.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Its a cultural industry with too many jobs at stake. IMO the majority of policy makers would agree the war is lost but it has its own lobby that would prevent diverting funding into other areas.

Something akin to bomb making. Sure we got 'em. Nope, don't need more than we got. But if you stop making them people would be out of work so we gotta keep making them.

Its a slow process but the plug will be pulled eventually. I just hope when the day comes it is with a sane and methodical approach.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    If people want to do drugs, let them; we may as well make money off of it's taxation.

I don't know about you guys but I don't like the government telling me what to do, @ phylodog; whilst I have respect for you and what you do, this doesn't lead me to believe cracking down on people and taking what they got "illegally" is really doing anything.

The trade is far too valuable and once you bust 1 guy, a few more spring up - it's never ending and we WASTE more of that tax money they didn't pay in the first place - think about it.

Not only that, this country wasn't founded on paying taxes, if you ask me all of that is a BS farce in the first place but that's another story.

Call me unpatriotic by today's terms but in Jefferson's age thinking like mine was what built this nation. Personally I don't give 2 :crap: what joe blow down the street does - as long as he's not causing society harm.

Before anyone gets on that avenue, if drugs were legal to begin with; naturally they'd be cheaper and people wouldn't have to rob and steal in order to get a fix, the basic principals of supply and demand - it's not rocket surgery.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    this doesn't lead me to believe cracking down on people and taking what they got "illegally" is really doing anything.

Well, it does allow freedom hating thugs to get their rocks off trampling on peoples ability to enjoy their God-given right to self determination.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Well, it does allow freedom hating thugs to get their rocks off trampling on peoples ability to enjoy their God-given right to self determination.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you meant by that comment; what I THINK you mean - with all due respect of course.

self-detrimentation, or the right for people to harm themselves ( which I don't think is a word ).

My point here is, if someone is going to harm themselves with drugs, it's going to happen if it's legal or not, right? There are people that do this naturally, we can't stop it, so why spend tons of money trying?

There are PLENTY of people in this nation that want to get ahead and live the true American dream, I mean come on - if drugs were legal doesn't mean I'm going to go smoke crack or shoot heroine.

I would on occasion smoke pot once in a while for recreational but what difference is this than taking a prescribed Valium? The only difference now, if I were caught with this "illegal" substance a now valuable member of society gets busted and carries the same title as a true crook.

The bottom line is, if drugs WERE legal - there would be no grounds for people to have drug cartels, after prohibition where did all the gangsters go, oh to other illegal rackets in order to make money.

Drug lords would be as common as moonshine stills - it still happens a bit but not NEARLY as much as when the substance were illegal, therefore much easier to crack down on this small subset of criminals.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I enjoy the war on drugs, it's what I do every day. It's challenging, rewarding and sometimes exciting. Nothing pleases me more than taking huge lumps of money and property from someone who earned it illegally and hasn't paid a dime in taxes.

All you have to do is get 150 million+ people in this country to agree with your point of view and it can all go away. I'd have to find something else to do every day but I can live with that, there are plenty of other crimes being committed.

I admire you .. I really do ... you have the courage to admit that you do the job for the adrenaline . You see this is a side benefit that most POLICE / bureaucrats get out of the job but don't admit it . JUICE adrenaline .. made in the body .. but also what is it they say ... oh yeah a controlled substance ... you have to get it via perception unless you use fear , pressure to get the rush from stressing the body . It is a rush and can be quite mentally addicting . I'v experienced it before .. man it's cool ... if coke is anything like that I can understand why people abuse it ... but I stray form the thought here .

150 million -- no not quite ... Hitler got elected with about 40% of the vote .. less than half ... what do we have 300 mil. in this country ?
    Besides it a only takes a few hundred . congressmen that is .

" from someone who earned it illegally and hasn't paid a dime in taxes. '
    It"s only illegal because it's against the law .

I am sure that you have always declared everything that you ever earned on your 1040 and anything that you may have bought over the internet you paid sales tax on your Indiana income tax return ... because if you didn't and some one found out about it they might ... well get some juice out of confiscating your property .. like money in a bank account ... yes he broke the law sir .. I found out and I brought him to justice .. " THANK YOU SIR I will gladly accept the bonus and promotion for making that tax cheat pay ... you know it was kind of fun to see the look on his face when his debit card would not work .. "

Well the chances of regaining the ability of choice and self determination , how ever stupid it might be .. will probably not happen .. I just wonder if the day comes that something that you want or want to do is now against the law
    .. like fat foods , sugar , beer , more than one child ... will you have to ability to realize what you are and be ashamed of what you once were .. ?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I admire you .. I really do ... you have the courage to admit that you do the job for the adrenaline . You see this is a side benefit that most POLICE / bureaucrats get out of the job but don't admit it . JUICE adrenaline .. made in the body .. but also what is it they say ... oh yeah a controlled substance ... you have to get it via perception unless you use fear , pressure to get the rush from stressing the body . It is a rush and can be quite mentally addicting . I'v experienced it before .. man it's cool ... if coke is anything like that I can understand why people abuse it ... but I stray form the thought here .

150 million -- no not quite ... Hitler got elected with about 40% of the vote .. less than half ... what do we have 300 mil. in this country ?

I am sure that you have always declared everything that you ever earned on your 1040 and anything that you may have bought over the internet you paid sales tax on your Indiana income tax return ... because if you didn't and some one found out about it they might ... well get some juice out of confiscating your property .. like money in a bank account ... yes he broke the law sir .. I found out and I brought him to justice .. " THANK YOU SIR I will gladly accept the bonus and promotion for making that tax cheat pay ... you know it was kind of fun to see the look on his face when his debit card would not work .. "

Well the chances of regaining the ability of choice and self determination , how ever stupid it might be .. will probably not happen .. I just wonder if the day comes that something that you want or want to do is now against the law
    .. like fat foods , sugar , beer , more than one child ... will you have to ability to realize what you are and be ashamed of what you once were .. ?

If I could, I'd rep this 100 times; extremely valid points - the entire "War on Drugs" is not about drugs, it's about personal freedom.

Myself experimenting in the past with certain entheogen's have made me a changed man, it surely opened my mind to the BS umbrella humanity is under as a whole.

I do not "experiment" any longer but I do still read in-depth books by Terence Mckenna and Rick Straussman, I will tell you guys - you're missing out on a lot of truth.

These laws are like being in the grasp of a python, each time you exhale the grip gets tighter, until you can't take a breath anymore.

Wake up - read - knowledge is power.

Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    The drug war has always been lost because they never wanted to win it in the first place. They just wanted to suck tax dollars out of you.

Yes i did work of my own free will for cash for the dea(as a ci) in northwest indiana.

Yes the federal government is not that interested in stopping the drug problem.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    The drug war has always been lost because they never wanted to win it in the first place. They just wanted to suck tax dollars out of you.

Yes i did work of my own free will for cash for the dea(as a ci) in northwest indiana.

Yes the federal government is not that interested in stopping the drug problem.

Thank you for your honesty .:patriot:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Judge Buttrick speaking on the Drug War July 21st

Biography of Judge John A. BUTTRICK

Judge Buttrick speaking on the Drug War July 21st

Who: Judge John Buttrick is a respected sitting Superior Court Judge in Arizona who calls "the war on drugs" "insane."



More Votes for Judge John Buttrick in Maricopa County than Bob Barr got Nationwide

More Votes for Judge John Buttrick in Maricopa County than Bob Barr got Nationwide

Libertarian Arizona Superior Court Judge John Buttrick was retained in office by an overwhelming majority of Maricopa County voters on November 4. Over 75% of the voters lodged a “Yes” vote entitling Buttrick to his second full four year term in office. The latest raw vote totals show Buttrick with 568,611 votes. This marks the second election where Buttrick received more votes in Maricopa County than the Libertarian Party presidential candidate received in the entire United States.'

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

You smoke a lot of weed, dont you?:dunno:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

:patriot:rep'd:yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The War on Drugs... What a Joke. It was not meant to be won or lost. It was meant to do 3 things and it has done all of them. 1, Suck in money and property to the Government. 2, Scare the populace and give them an enemy to concentrate on. 3, Strip away Rights and Freedoms of the People...

I think it is a success based on those 3 guidelines...

Top Bottom