• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was going through my wallet today, throwing out stuff I no longer used or things that had expired and I came across an old MIDNR sportcard. these sportcards are basically permits for non-residents to purchase hunting licences. I know MI hunting licences must be purchased seasonally, but I can't find it on there website whether the sportcards must be purchased annually or if they don't ever expire. I can't see an expiration date or a term length (eg "24hrs") on the card itself, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

has anyone had experience with these cards before? anyone know whether they must be purchased annually with the licence or not?

cliffnotes: My google-fu is weak. do MI DNR sportcards expire?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I go salmon fishing in Michigan every year and have gone for the last 17 or so. Each year I would forget my non-expiring Sportsman's Card and would have to pay a dollar for a new one for the privelege of buying their annual non-resident fishing license. The first year that I remembered fo take it up was the year that former governor Engler changed things a little and added an extra digit to the Sportsman's Card number and everyone had to buy a new one for a dollar. I have used that same card for the last several years and make sure that I have it with me before I leave for Michigan. It does not have an expiration date.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    They do not expire. The only time you need a new one is if you move, change your name or lose the old one.
    Remember, under MI rules you are supposed to have your sportcard and ID with you in addition to the license.

Top Bottom