• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    My first day out this year and Bambi is still alive. He did have a close brush with death though.
    I had a nice 6 point circle around behind me, then trotted down beside me. I thought, "Hmmm...I can take him with my .357mag". I aimed a little behind the shoulder and well, was I wrong. He was about 30-40yrds in front of me, still trotting, BOOM! Right over the top! He ran out to about 150yrds and stood behind some trees. I waited until he stepped out, then fired a 12ga slug at him. Not sure where the 12ga landed, but it didn't hit him. I spent about 1hr checking the area just to make sure I didn't hit him. No hair or blood anywhere. :dunno:
    This sucks! Only the 2nd deer I ever remember flat out missing. Of course it's the first time I've hunted with a handgun too. I guess next time I'm hunting for freezer meat I'll stick with the shotgun.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I know how you feel. Yesterday my buddy and I were standing on top of a small hill in the middle of a cornfield. At the bottom were five does. We were trying to get within range when one started to trot towards us. I couldn't believe it. She got to within 75 yards and stopped. She studied us for a minute, then turned broadside. It was like she was asking us to shoot her. We both fired. Two shots, two misses. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with myself.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Brian,

I had tow bambis run within 15 yds of me about 5:00 yesterday. They both stopped, looked at me, and before I could crosshair either, they booked back toward MY HOUSE? Tomorrow morning is another day.

Top Bottom