• ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    To all with interest in waterfowl hunting:

Since the unfortunate travails of Jeff Foiles, recently to plead guilty to waterfowl violations in the US, related charges are pending in Canada, I have ceased use of his products and will not further patronize his business.

Unfortunately I have had two of his calls, and they have performed admirably. However, a new waterfowler will have the benefit of them from me gratis as I don't want to be associated with Mr. Foiles.

I have located a new call maker via the Fowl Nation website. His name is Don Barden, and he is a master jeweler located in Marion, IL. His shop is the Jeweler's Bench, and he produces "one off" type jewelry, laser engraved with emphasis on the outdoors and hunting of all types.

I have been in contact with Don, both via email and telephone. Don appears to be genuine and is certainly customer oriented. I have ordered two of his goose calls, the brand is Real Calls. He manufactures them from acrylic, and has a new patent pending reed/gut system. His prices on on par with other manufacturers of upper end acrylic calls such as Foiles, Tim Grounds, Lynch Mob, Zink, and others.

I am not on his prostaff, fieldstaff, or receiving compensation for this thread. I want only for those who may read this and are in the market for a custom goose or duck call to check out Don's website, www.dandkjewelrybydesign.com. The site will take you to Don's jewelry shop, and look at the calls if interested. He is a new call maker and is getting started.

I personally am impressed with his designs, and he can also produce "camo dipped" calls for those who request them, not to mention engraving on the call band.

When I receive mine, I will post in this thread with a report of their performance.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Ok, just got the calls today. I'm no contest caller, but these are ready to go out of the box, as it only took me about 2-3 minutes to make them work well. They are easier to operate than the Foiles Meat Grinder or the Foiles Showtime, and sound (at least to my ears) better than the Foiles calls.

The calls are solidly built, and as a personal touch, they have been engraved with my name and a stylized department badge. Don even threw in a T-Shirt (which is cool, mind you) and vehicle decals.

Don is all about personal service. Get yours now, he numbers them (I have #59 and #60 of his goose calls) and they work well. They take less air than the Foiles calls or the Sean Mann Easternshoreman that I had and I am very favorably impressed with them.

Remember, I am not being compensated for this thread or this report. I am a die hard goose hunter and I require equipment that works. Real Calls do work well, and besides, the maker, Don Barden is a heck of a nice guy.

Get the calls while you can. Don has another website, www.real-calls.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom