Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by robgoblin32 View Post
    Ultra newb here, interested in possibly picking up a bow to start learning. Any shops around NW Indiana that have a range and a few rigs to try out?
    Hey robhoblin32, Michiana Archery in northern South Bend is really good.

Expert

User Info Menu

https://www.iwla.org/outdoor-recreation/archery

For anyone interested, Glen Park Izaak Walton is hosting an Archery Instructor Course this month.

User Info Menu

Think Farmland has their Traditional Bowhunter Nationals end of May.
    Best start practicing!

User Info Menu

Hey y'all,

I think I've found the right place.

Im a long time hunter however I have not hunted with bow in years. When Indiana began to legalize rifle cartridge on private property and straight wall on public, I began to lose interest. Ive since sold my switchback and it seems like archery has progressed a long way and I'm out of the loop now.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, id like to find my passion for it again. Ive been looking to get another setup and I know my local pro shop will help me set up with all the accessories. Ive been looking to keep everything around the 1k range. Lookin at Mathews, Elite, Prime or a Hoyt. I know that's a stretch and will be hard to keep within my price point with those brand.

Whats everyone preference with brand and any pros cons with the ones I've listed. I know Mathews speaks for itself, however what is everyones experience with the others?What sights are you guys using? arrows?
    Praise be the LORD my ROCK, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agerm220 View Post
    Hey y'all,

I think I've found the right place.

Im a long time hunter however I have not hunted with bow in years. When Indiana began to legalize rifle cartridge on private property and straight wall on public, I began to lose interest. Ive since sold my switchback and it seems like archery has progressed a long way and I'm out of the loop now.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, id like to find my passion for it again. Ive been looking to get another setup and I know my local pro shop will help me set up with all the accessories. Ive been looking to keep everything around the 1k range. Lookin at Mathews, Elite, Prime or a Hoyt. I know that's a stretch and will be hard to keep within my price point with those brand.

Whats everyone preference with brand and any pros cons with the ones I've listed. I know Mathews speaks for itself, however what is everyones experience with the others?What sights are you guys using? arrows?
    Here is my thread. See page 2 for what I got. I like the idea of going to a local pro shop but unfortunately you can spend nearly double what someone else will sell it to you for. My bow was $829 with all accessories. Some of the local shops I went to wanted more than that for the exact same bare bow. I’ve been happy with mine and would recommend Mathews to anyone. Hoyt are nice but even more pricey.
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...estions-2.html
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Plinker

User Info Menu

Cant say enough about Lumenok. Had issue with brand new lumenoks bought several years ago. Batteries were dead straight off the shelf. Call lumenok. They replaced all batteries and sent me a bonus Lumenok with no questions asked. Just bought 3 pack from Lumenok, So I would be sure to have fresh batteries. Its the new style nock. Had an issue when pulling my bow back the nock would come off my string. Called lumenok. They were more than happy to replace them with the longer old style that always worked for me. Shipping both ways paid by them.. Very good customer service

User Info Menu

where did you purchase the bare bow from? Direct from Mathews?

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Here is my thread. See page 2 for what I got. I like the idea of going to a local pro shop but unfortunately you can spend nearly double what someone else will sell it to you for. My bow was $829 with all accessories. Some of the local shops I went to wanted more than that for the exact same bare bow. I’ve been happy with mine and would recommend Mathews to anyone. Hoyt are nice but even more pricey.
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...estions-2.html

User Info Menu

Proly a demo bow.
    Mathews used to have special graphics on them. Think they dropped that a few yrs back.
    My Switchback XT was a dealer demo, and I was able to scrub off the flo green demo lettering.

BTW, IN doesn't have a PCR straight wall case mandate.

Archery fun,.......I like recurves.
    And messing w cam lever bows.

Interestingly, a place in mid central IN makes strings/cables and some parts for Oneidas (saddles, yokes, rockers)

https://www.facebook.com/HoneyCreekArchery/
    Last edited by Hookeye; 11-22-2019 at 07:24.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agerm220 View Post
    where did you purchase the bare bow from? Direct from Mathews?
    I bought my bow with accessories from Whittaker’s. It was a used bow, but looked by all means brand new. Multiple shops wanted right at that or a hair more for just a bare Halon.

Mathews Halon 6
    Mathews Solocam 3-arrow quiver
    QAD Ultrarest Pro Series drop away rest
    G5 Optics XR2 pin sight
    Axiom 6” Stabilizer
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

User Info Menu

Am thinking 17" ilf aluminum riser w Uukha shorts.
    Or maybe some other limb w supercurve.

Need to research a bit more. Thought the Uukha was between reg and supercurve

Since Tribe Halo no longer made, might go with ugly arsed Hoyt Satori in 17".
    Lancasters has Uukha 25% carbons.
    Can get the others from Alternative Services but special order, wait several weeks.

Thinking 47#, since my elbow is still screwed up from October.

Last edited by Hookeye; 1 Week Ago at 01:29.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54