• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Before any new forums are created, a thread is generally started to determine the need for a new forum.

This is your thread for all things archery related.

Archery websites:

If there are archery tournaments, add them to this thread but also put them on the calendar. If it's an event that you are putting on, then create a thread in the INGO Events forum for it.

If you would like a website added to this list, please post it in this thread and then report your post by clicking the triangle
    report.gif
    and ask to have it added to the original post.

Last edited:

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Cool! I'll definitely be watching this one. I just got home from arrowing a deer this morning. A few hours of knife work this evening and it is in the freezer!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I put a spot & stalk on this afternoon. Had two does around a hill today. Got within 40 yards and had a quarting away shot, so I dropped down the hill some and got within 15. Just as I start to draw and pop out... I got winded. So close and yet so far away.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    so, let's see your bows. This is my first recurve, never got a chance to hunt with it, but loved it while I had it.

Robertson Stykbow, Model: Vision Falcon III

15938_164640943527_681323527_2949549_1470989_n.jpg

15938_164640923527_681323527_2949547_872941_n.jpg

15938_164640968527_681323527_2949553_7965341_n.jpg

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Havent got too many chances to bow hunt yet. goin out tomorrow evening got some trail cam footage hope to see something. BBD!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    IMG_0216.jpg

Hoyt Vectrix. Bought it last year but no deer with it. Work and weather haven't been cooperating for me this year so I've only been out once so far (and saw nothing). Vacation is coming though...17 days in a row!:rockwoot: Far as I know the corn is still in. Stupid corn.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My Hoyt CRX 32

G5 Optix Rock Sight
    G5 Meta Peep
    G5 Quiver
    Fuze stabilizer
    Whisker Biscuit
    TRU-Ball Stinger Release

Easton St Axis Arrows
    Nockturnal lighted nocks
    G5 Montec Broadheads

1000030kd.jpg

Still waiting to taste something other than the target block :)

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Anyone use one of the rip cord red arrow rests? I have the NAP apache now and maybe making a switch for next year. I think I would like the locked upright position vs. the apache laying down.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Whisker bisquit here also. Hoyt Razortec bow. Keller Pendulum sights. Carbon Express Mayhem arrows. Spitfire 3 blade mechanical broadheads. Scott little goose release.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    as of now I shoot a Martin Trophy hunter with a TM hunter rest. 28in draw and at 60lbs. I am looking for a used newer one, bowtech, hoyt, mission/mathews....etc.
    I did pick up a whisker biscut rest from the clearance rack, but haven't installed it yet.Use Muzzy broadheads, carbon express arrows

Once I install it do I have to have a jig to square it or can it be "eyeballed" to use???

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I have a pink camo Razor's Edge, shooting about 43# currently. Drawlength is 25". Pink Victory Arrows with Muzzy 4 blade Broadheads. I use a Cobra release. My plan for next season is new string with smaller peep, and a Mantis Arrow rest, I don't like the hostage that came with it.
    My oldest(15) has a regular camo Razor's Edge, shooting about 39# with Carbon Express Blue Streak arrows. Readhead release.
    And my youngest, who turned 12 Saturday decided no crossbows and insisted on a Razor's Edge also. He can only draw back 30# now, so not legal hunting yet. He wore his Warrior II bow out so I am confident he will be hunting by late season in Dec.
    I should buy stock in Bowtech lol.
    My wishlist is a Recurve, probably a Grizzly by Bear. I am more a quality shot versus speed person.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I'm thinking about trying a drop away rest for next year. I'm using a NAP quicktune 360 now. I've had some issues with the arrow falling off during the draw or on letdown. I'd like one with containment of the arrow. Also not looking to break the bank. Any thoughts?

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I'm thinking about trying a drop away rest for next year. I'm using a NAP quicktune 360 now. I've had some issues with the arrow falling off during the draw or on letdown. I'd like one with containment of the arrow. Also not looking to break the bank. Any thoughts?

I had the same exact rest you are using now a few years back. It worked well but my new bow has cable clearance issues and I have to rotate my vanes which would hit the brushes.

You might look at the NAP apache drop away. I have that now and it has been a step up from the quicktune. Its like 59.00 and has gotten great reviews and I have become more accurate.

The few things I dont like about it are the fixed cage around the launcher arm. My sight ring is just low enough I cant slot the arrow down through the top of the rest without it hitting so I have to slide it through the rest each time. Not huge but if your shooting a bunch in a day its a pain. Secondly, the launcher raises when you draw back so the arrow rest on the shelf. I have a shelf pad to hold the arrow but it pops off it sometimes and has smacked my shelf making a noise if I get anxious and draw too quickly.

I think next year I am looking at either a ripcord red or QAD ultra rest HD. I like that I can lock the arrow up. I like the HD more from what I read since you can slowly release and the arm doesnt drop.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    PSE Triton Pro Series loaded with Carbon Express Maxima 250s tipped with 4 blade, 100gr Muzzy's, Whisker Biscuit, Limb Savers stabilizer, and TruGlo fiber optics. just picked it up, need to tweak a few things, This should hit the woods next season once everything is dialed in and comfortable.
    picture.php

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Top Bottom