• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I was sighting in my Remington 870, rifled barrel and the copper solids are about 2 in high at 100 yards( ran out before I could use 100 yd zero). Any guess how high I would be at 50 yards? Thanks for any help.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Fargo, thanks for the quick reply but wouldn't they be high at 50? I have primarily bowhunted but getting back into shotgun hunting. I need to study ballistics more and shoot my shotgun more to find out like you said.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    2.75" Copper solids will be 3.2" high a 50 if you are already 2" high at 100, and a the 3" Copper solids will be 3" high at 50.

Quick Google search.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I was using the copper solid last year & found it dropped off real fast after 100yds.
    So I switched to Remington's 2-3/4" Premier Core-Lokt Bonded 12 guage slug it is a lot flatter shooting slug.
    Shotgun Ammunition - Shotshell Slug - Premier Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded - Sabot Slugs
    It suggests you zero it at 150yds. At 50yds it is 1.8" high, at 100yds it is 2.4" high, you are 0 at 150yds, and from my own tests at 200yds it is about 2.5" to 3" low. This is plenty accurate to make an easy kill out at 200yds or farther.
    But the #1 thing I like about this round at 100yds it is still going 1648 ft/sec. with 2325ft/lbs of force it is almost like shooting a high power rifle, that is enough power to bring down the biggest buck you can find. There is no leading your shot like in slow moving rounds.
    And another + it mushrooms out to twice it's size when it hits your deer.

Top Bottom