Page 319 of 425 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4243

Thread: Any Jeepers in here?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Not Jeep specific, but anyone recommend a good shop in the Indy area that could install some Bilstein 5100's (going on an FJ, not a Jeep). I'm going to check with the mechanic I use that works out of his house, but wondering if there was a good shop locally someone would recommend. 4 Wheel Parts has a good price on the shocks (looking at their website), but have no experience with them, and have heard good and bad about them.

I'm not looking to money with that myself.
    I personally wouldn't trust 4WP with a power wheels jeep.

I do all my work so I can't recommend someone locally. I can recommend against a few from what others have had experiences with though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JKEdge View Post
    I personally wouldn't trust 4WP with a power wheels jeep.

I do all my work so I can't recommend someone locally. I can recommend against a few from what others have had experiences with though.
    I'd heard that about them. I may have to check with my local mechanic that I use. Anyone ever do any business with Raymonds Alignment out on the west side/Plainfield area? Raymond's Auto and Truck Repair - We Service Domestic, Foreign, SUVs, Trucks, and Fleet Vehicles in Plainfield Indiana

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    4W Parts can likely install shocks just fine. Hard to screw that up.
    I need to look at the process a bit more, just wasn't sure if on the FJ there was very much too it, assuming one had a spring compressor, etc. I haven't delved into suspension mechanics that much.

User Info Menu

Huh. Didn't realize an FJ had struts.

I use Mears in Brownsburg now and then. Super busy (need an appointment), but they have always done a good job for me.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

I'd heard that about them. I may have to check with my local mechanic that I use. Anyone ever do any business with Raymonds Alignment out on the west side/Plainfield area? Raymond's Auto and Truck Repair - We Service Domestic, Foreign, SUVs, Trucks, and Fleet Vehicles in Plainfield Indiana
    Yep, they've done good work for me. They put new ball joints on my Jeep (much better than stock) and they've done the alignment on my 1999 Mercedes E430, which requires special equipment and knowledge of that platform. They did it perfectly. They also did other maintenance on the car and properly reset the maintenance reminder, which very few shops can do. They also flushed/filled the cooling system and used the correct coolant, which was Zerex G-05. (I've had other shops try and tell me that wasn't necessary, even though Mercedes specifies it for very specific and important reasons.) They have taken care of that fairly uncommon and old car with peculiar needs in a way that shows they know what they are doing.

I highly recommend them.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Yep, they've done good work for me. They put new ball joints on my Jeep (much better than stock) and they've done the alignment on my 1999 Mercedes E430, which requires special equipment and knowledge of that platform. They did it perfectly. They also did other maintenance on the car and properly reset the maintenance reminder, which very few shops can do. They also flushed/filled the cooling system and used the correct coolant, which was Zerex G-05. (I've had other shops try and tell me that wasn't necessary, even though Mercedes specifies it for very specific and important reasons.) They have taken care of that fairly uncommon and old car with peculiar needs in a way that shows they know what they are doing.

I highly recommend them.
    Good to know. They appear to have recently moved to a new location and have a performance side of the business and a repair side of the business (not sure if they had that before). I stopped in just before closing and asked them a couple of questions and will check back with them. Anyone specific you deal with there?

I'll be checking with a local mechanic that works out of his house that I used as well (he just did a CV axle for me a couple of weeks ago), but I don't know if he does shocks/struts, etc.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't use 4WP unless I was buying tires. They are way too expensive to use for anything else. And they have a history of screwing things up.

Honestly, I can't see how changing out shocks be that bad of a job.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

Update on my jeep. When Sunfire regeared my jeep, they got the tires swapped around. So I had to rotate them around when I got home. This weekend was the first time I drove on the interstate since I rotated the tires. I had a bad vibration once I got above 70mph.

I pulled the front driveshaft last night, and drove it. No vibes. Front shaft is out of balance. So I dropped it off at ADM Patterson tonight.

Here's a picture of my RPM's at 65mph.

I have also noticed that my gas mileage has improved. I am so loving this thing.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

Good to know. They appear to have recently moved to a new location and have a performance side of the business and a repair side of the business (not sure if they had that before). I stopped in just before closing and asked them a couple of questions and will check back with them. Anyone specific you deal with there?

I'll be checking with a local mechanic that works out of his house that I used as well (he just did a CV axle for me a couple of weeks ago), but I don't know if he does shocks/struts, etc.
    I've dealt with several people there. I can't remember their names, but they were all great.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    I wouldn't use 4WP unless I was buying tires. They are way too expensive to use for anything else. And they have a history of screwing things up.

Honestly, I can't see how changing out shocks be that bad of a job.
    For tires, I just took their (4WP) price to Discount Tire and matched it when I got my BFG KO2's.

Thing is they actually seem to be the cheapest for the Bilstein 5100's themselves, based on what I see for their pricing online.

I'm going to do more research on what I want, and if my local mechanic doesn't do this kind of stuff I may look at Raymond's.