Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 388 of 388 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 384 385 386 387 388
Results 3,871 to 3,878 of 3878

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks?
    No, but I've heard good things about them, except for a couple times I've heard of the dial breaking off. As far as how they perform, I've heard people love them and never heard anyone complain about them. Not sure what that's worth, but back in 2015 I did quite a bit of research when looking for shocks for my JK. I wound up with the 5000x, which has been ok, but I wish I had gone with the 9000. The reason I didn't was because I got the 5000x shocks for free from Rancho in Moab. Next time I get new shocks on that JK, the 9000 will certainly be in play so that I can dial in a softer ride.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    No, but I've heard good things about them, except for a couple times I've heard of the dial breaking off. As far as how they perform, I've heard people love them and never heard anyone complain about them. Not sure what that's worth, but back in 2015 I did quite a bit of research when looking for shocks for my JK. I wound up with the 5000x, which has been ok, but I wish I had gone with the 9000. The reason I didn't was because I got the 5000x shocks for free from Rancho in Moab. Next time I get new shocks on that JK, the 9000 will certainly be in play so that I can dial in a softer ride.
    Iíve heard that Rancho has excellent customer service, and has sent free replacement dials. I read where guys have had problems with the shocks rusting, since theyíre made of steel. But paint and fluid film seems to be a popular mod for them.

I really like the idea of the Teraflex Falcon series. Especially the 3.3ís. But man they are expensive. Plus you have to drill out the rear bottom mounts.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    Iíve heard that Rancho has excellent customer service, and has sent free replacement dials. I read where guys have had problems with the shocks rusting, since theyíre made of steel. But paint and fluid film seems to be a popular mod for them.

I really like the idea of the Teraflex Falcon series. Especially the 3.3ís. But man they are expensive. Plus you have to drill out the rear bottom mounts.
    Also, I'm not sure Teraflex has as good a warranty as Rancho.

User Info Menu

I've not wheeled there, but I'd love to see pics and hear about it when you get back!
    For anyone who doesn't know, the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway is a 100 mile loop of onroad/offroad driving that circles the Red River Gorge area around Slade, KY. Its open to the public county roads so you must be street legal to do it. Basically a mix of paved winding roads, gravel side roads, and dirt trails. There are some rock obstacles too (i believe one is Carburetor Hill). You can download a map online or pay for a gps file that they sell for $5 (a buddy did that and wasn't very impressed, but we would've been lost without it).

It was a fun weekend, but the amount of rain they had down there the past week or so definitely made it more of a challenge...we probably covered less than 10 miles of it thanks to the amount of mud and how slick everything was. Everything we came across was rutted out tracks that would have been much easier in drier conditions, but we all had fun and made it out in one piece. We go down there a lot to do some backpacking or camping and usually just hike the trails. The scenery is beautiful no matter where you are...but this was a different side of it that was cool to see too. I didn't get a chance to take too many pictures but Ill throw what i have on here

Last edited by TheEngineer; 6 Days Ago at 14:52.
    Don't carry a gun because you're afraid...carry one so you don't have to be.

User Info Menu

Great pics! That's now on my list of destinations. Where do you find the map online and where do you buy the GPS download?

User Info Menu

Great pics! That's now on my list of destinations. Where do you find the map online and where do you buy the GPS download?
    The map can be downloaded as a pdf from a few places if you search for it...I canít really recall exactly where I saw it.

The main gps file can be found here:
    https://www.cartotracks.com/daniel_b...kcountry_byway
    This is the $5 one my buddy used. Its kind of primitive but at least has the sections color coded. The off-road park in that area is called Hollerwood and I think they are responsible for maintaining that map.

I used an an app called Gaia GPS and found some free files you can download that work ok (google Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway and itíll pop up). Itís a decent gps thatís more topographical but the files you can find online are other peopleís recorded paths. It doesnít show true landmarks, but the points that the person who recorded the trip show up. For example I found a file from a website meant more for dirt bikes so while the gps showed me a black line to follow, we went other places it didnít show.
    Don't carry a gun because you're afraid...carry one so you don't have to be.

User Info Menu

INGO Jeep Day?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    INGO Jeep Day?
    That sounds like a fun idea!