Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 397 of 402 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4011

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones223 View Post
    HELP!!!!!

Okay so my daughter is driving a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited.

These are full time 4WD and it started making a bad hum and vibration from 20mph to 45mph. Then there would be a subtle thunk and it would smooth right out.

Took it to a mechanic and he indicated it needed a whole new front axle to the tune of $1,400.00.

I know the front ends on these are rather complicated and I don't have a ton of confidence in these guys.

I was wondering if any of you can recommend a good Jeep mechanic in the Indy area?
    Its a ways from you, but Titus Transmissions in Avon has done good work for me in the past. I know a couple others, but not anywhere near your side of town. Maybe someone else can chime in from around there?
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Plinker

User Info Menu

A&A Transmissions Camby In. Worked on my cars & trucks for years. Most honest people I ever met. They do all kinds of auto work not just transmissions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grogmister View Post
    Just picked up a Gladiator this weekend. First Jeep I have owned and really like it so far. Itís in a serious need of a wheel and tire upgrade but those will come when I can get momma on board.

Attachment 80336
    pretty much done for now. No more neutered dog look.
    EDB33EE5-5FF5-4CF1-98AD-0AA38FB8CBF1.jpeg

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

It took me a while to come around to the gladiators, but that's a nice looking rig. I'll admit my bias, I like the sting gray JL's.

Last edited by teddy12b; 01-16-2020 at 15:39.

Expert

User Info Menu

Pulled off the front differential cover at the house and everything inside looks good. No metal shavings, chunks, and the magnet was clean.

I am really not buying that it needs a new axle from what I am seeing. Put it on the lift and everything it tight up front. Hand cranked the tires with the cover off and nothing funny happening.

Any thoughts? Going to tear into it more indeph tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Sounds like the transfer case. PM hookeye.

User Info Menu

Wow, that is NICE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    It took me a while to come around to the gladiators, but that's a nice looking rig. I'll admit my bias, I like the sting gray JL's.

I agree! That Sting Gray is sweet looking!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post

Thanks. It was my first choice and have not regretted it since.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Wow, that is NICE!
    Thank you!