Page 409 of 425 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 419 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4243

Thread: Any Jeepers in here?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yesterday my JL Wrangler took the full onslaught of the storm that moved through the East side of Indy for about 40 mins... with no top and tube doors. The forecast didnt show rain when I left for work. It was a torrential downpour. The cup holders were filled to the brim and the floor had standing water that was spilling out the doors as I took turns. I was really worried about the leather and all of the electronics. After the storm passed I took out the floor mats, stripped the carpet, and pulled all of the drain plugs. I hung the carpets to dry and parked it in the sun. After an hour, I could barely tell it had gotten wet and it was perfectly fine. I am going to leave the carpets and the drain plugs out the rest of the Summer, possibly indefinitely, as I am not sure why I would want carpets anyway. The rubber mopar mats cover most of the floor. The one other thing I had that helped was a rugged ridge cargo area mat, which has a nice lip around it. It caught most of the water and kept my rear stow hatch area dry. I just tipped it and let the water pour out the back. That mat has now kept out rain and dog vomit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    I'm in the Indy Jeep Junkies Facebook group and am looking at a trip to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway at the end of July. It runs around the Red River Gorge area. I wonder if it overlaps, crosses, or runs along any part of the KAT? Anyway, the group does some great montly trips. I've been on a couple, including to an off-road park in Kentucky that was just a great trip. They are doing Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes this weekend. They do some big trips occasionally, too. They were planning Moab at one point until Covid bent the plans. Anyway, they are a good bunch and if you ever think about joining, I'll be your reference. I think we have a couple Gladiators in the group now, too.
    Heard of them, but never joined. There are SO MANY social groups now, it is hard to keep track. I've been with JPFROG for years. Probably belong to a dozen Facebook groups, too, but not the Jeep Junkies.

Anywho... I'll look them up. Sounds like some decent trips in the works, and its always best to run with a group.

Edit: I swear I know someone from that group from a few years ago... Hmmm... Off to social media...
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by craigkim View Post
    Yesterday my JL Wrangler took the full onslaught of the storm that moved through the East side of Indy for about 40 mins... with no top and tube doors. The forecast didnt show rain when I left for work. It was a torrential downpour. The cup holders were filled to the brim and the floor had standing water that was spilling out the doors as I took turns. I was really worried about the leather and all of the electronics. After the storm passed I took out the floor mats, stripped the carpet, and pulled all of the drain plugs. I hung the carpets to dry and parked it in the sun. After an hour, I could barely tell it had gotten wet and it was perfectly fine. I am going to leave the carpets and the drain plugs out the rest of the Summer, possibly indefinitely, as I am not sure why I would want carpets anyway. The rubber mopar mats cover most of the floor. The one other thing I had that helped was a rugged ridge cargo area mat, which has a nice lip around it. It caught most of the water and kept my rear stow hatch area dry. I just tipped it and let the water pour out the back. That mat has now kept out rain and dog vomit.
    Been wondering how well the newer Jeeps handle that. Good to hear yours did fine. I've had my old CJ and TJ drenched, and they survived. That was really the only way the CJ got clean!
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by craigkim View Post
    Lol, I got drenched in April when I just had to try out the new Warn tube doors. The rain came earlier than expected and soaked everything in the Jeep except the back, thanks to the hard top still being in place.

No worse for the wear! That's kindof like a Jeep's version of losing its virginity.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Guess I should post a picture of the new bumper:

Rugged Ridge stubby. USA made, kept the factory LED fogs, and low-mount winch location. PAIN THE IN ASS to install. Seriously. Thought working on a non-rusty Jeep would be be nice. Still took 10+ hours total. Ended up needing to notch the matching skid (the only made in China part, figures) to clear the rear of the fogs.

Still, looks pretty decent, and was one of 2 bumpers I could find that met all my criteria without looking like it belonged on the Batmobile.

edit: well, that's a terrible picture. I'll snap another in the sun tomorrow.
    Same bumper I am looking at. Do you mind sharing a picture of your new skid plate and where you got it? Thanks!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Same bumper I am looking at. Do you mind sharing a picture of your new skid plate and where you got it? Thanks!
    I would like to see that too. I donít really like the way my front frame horns stick out below my fab fours bumper. The common thing to do is cut them off, but I thought I could barely put a skid plate up under the bumper. I think I was looking at a rugged ridge one, which I thought was made in the US. Not sure.

User Info Menu

I'll grab a picture from below later today. It is from Rugged Ridge, the same as the bumper.

I will say it was the absolute hardest part of the entire install. I would have kept the factory Rubicon skid if it would have lined up well enough. The mounting brackets needed notched to clear the Rubicon in-frame nutserts for the factory skid. Even notched, it was a terrible fit onto the frame. The skid plate itself needed notched to clear the factory LED fog lamps. It is a TIGHT fit behind/below the bumper. The skid has notches specific to clear the bumper itself. It also does not offer the same coverage as the factory skid. While the Rubicon's electric swaybar disconnect is technically covered, it isn't by much. The factory skid extended back several more inches.

BTW: the skid plate box was clearly labeled as Made in China. The bumper itself is US made.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Shooter

User Info Menu

My long running CJ7 frame off build got some color on the front axle housing today...
    It should be going back together soon...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    I'll grab a picture from below later today. It is from Rugged Ridge, the same as the bumper.

I will say it was the absolute hardest part of the entire install. I would have kept the factory Rubicon skid if it would have lined up well enough. The mounting brackets needed notched to clear the Rubicon in-frame nutserts for the factory skid. Even notched, it was a terrible fit onto the frame. The skid plate itself needed notched to clear the factory LED fog lamps. It is a TIGHT fit behind/below the bumper. The skid has notches specific to clear the bumper itself. It also does not offer the same coverage as the factory skid. While the Rubicon's electric swaybar disconnect is technically covered, it isn't by much. The factory skid extended back several more inches.

BTW: the skid plate box was clearly labeled as Made in China. The bumper itself is US made.
    Sheesh! Sounds like I should look for another brand.

User Info Menu

Sheesh! Sounds like I should look for another brand.
    Here is the skid:

Like I said. The bumper is pretty decent for the cost. The skid IMHO was not. But, with that bumper, not too many other skids would have worked.
    Ryan "ElDirector"