Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 410 of 412 FirstFirst ... 310 360 400 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4114

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever done the Bearwallow trail in the Hatfield/McCoy trail system in West Virginia? I've done ATV's on some of the system, but not Bearwallow. Bearwallow is open for Jeeps and it was just added to the Jeep Badge of Honor trail program. I'm thinking of loading up the Jeep and taking my boys out there for a few days of exploring and running this trail.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Well, the rules for Bearwallow trail suck. You have to buy a $50 annual permit for each person in your vehicle, including kids (no discount for kids). On top of that, each person in the vehicle must wear a helmet. Nope. Not doing it.

So instead, we're off to do Marblehead Loop at Drummond Island! I've wanted to go up there for a long time, so the JL is packed up and ready to depart in the morning! I'll get some pics and post them up upon my return.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Thanks for the picture. Good looking skid, too bad it was a serious pain to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Here is the skid:

Like I said. The bumper is pretty decent for the cost. The skid IMHO was not. But, with that bumper, not too many other skids would have worked.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I replaced the gas tank skid plate/tub on my wife's 99 TJ. The old one was bad and the guy we bought the Jeep from already had bought it but never got around to fixing it. I did most of it myself today to surprise my wife while she was out of town. I had my stepson help getting the tank/tub back up. I'm glad I ordered new tank straps ahead of time as they twisted when using the impact to get the nuts off. Overall I thought it went pretty well!

User Info Menu

No picture. Was kinda busy.

Hit just a LITTLE of the KAT yesterday. One creek crossing and a little rock trail. Until the mud started. Kentucky has gotten, and continues to get, a TON of rain. My factory all-terrains were not up to the task. Once we started sliding sideways down the creek bank, it was time for the winch. Back on higher ground, we turned around. Will give the trail a day to drain, and try it again on Tuesday. Today is Cumberland Falls and a LITTLE exploring. Know of a couple of "off the beaten path" access points to the Cumberland River. Might break out the fly rod while my wife reads and the kiddo hunts for critters and fossils.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Here is the skid:

Like I said. The bumper is pretty decent for the cost. The skid IMHO was not. But, with that bumper, not too many other skids would have worked.
    I like it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Do any of you have a rack or bars installed on your Jeeps? Any recommendations? I bought two Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 kayaks this month and I am having a heck of a time figuring out the best way to put them on my Jeep. I purchased a Yakima system that I will be returning, because I thought it was a rain gutter install and it turned out to be a kit that required "professional installation" with drilling into the hard top... and if I am going to do that I would rather go with the Rhino mount that supports itself under the top on the roll bar. I ordered an Exposed Racks system that does seem to be a rain gutter type installation, but it is out of stock for a few more weeks. I sortof hate being pigeon holed into top on or off using these systems too, but my hoist makes it relatively quick, and I happened to think that kayaks are going to be dumping water on you if you put them over your head without the hard top on. Too many decisions and its hard to find much in stock due to COVID.

With all of the hassle, plus the need to put my hard top back on to use them, I am contemplating just getting a trailer.

User Info Menu

Tried to talk my wife into a roof rack for her JK, for the canoe. It was a hard "no". She hates the look, is all. I had done the research anyway (just in case). I'd have to look up the brand again, but it used plates inside the hardtop that transferred the weight from the rack down to the body tub. Yes, you had to drill the top. On the plus side, it was a 500+ lb rack, IIRC. Good for a roof top tent and two normal adults.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Tried to talk my wife into a roof rack for her JK, for the canoe. It was a hard "no". She hates the look, is all. I had done the research anyway (just in case). I'd have to look up the brand again, but it used plates inside the hardtop that transferred the weight from the rack down to the body tub. Yes, you had to drill the top. On the plus side, it was a 500+ lb rack, IIRC. Good for a roof top tent and two normal adults.
    I frequently see a red wrangler around here that has a rack which is supported from the cowls and maybe extends back and attaches to the bumper on each side. It looks like a small roll bar suspended up over the top of the jeep. I am sure it is very useful and strong, but it looks super ugly. I want something I can remove readily when I don't need it and both of my kayaks combined will top out at 130 lbs, so I don't feel like I need a ton of steel up there to carry them. I ordered an "Exposed Racks" setup from Quadratec, but it is backordered, likely for a few more weeks. It is a rain gutter clamp attachment style. I wouldn't want to put too much weight like that over the hard top, but again, I think it will be fine for 2 kayaks.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Maybe a hitch rack of some sorts is what you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk