Page 415 of 425 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4242

Thread: Any Jeepers in here?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grogmister View Post
    Anyone ever been to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Hart, MI? Wife and I are heading up there this weekend to play in the sand. Local buddy has a place up there and a sand rail so we are going to see how the Gladiator handles the sand.
    Here's some old video from my 2011 trip to Silver Lake Dunes area. Sorry for the poor video quality, but it might serve as a decent preview. Super-fun!!

Some of those hills can require decent wheel speed/hp. Makes a manual transmission a little tricky in a low-hp rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P52x6cR5fBU
    “The most deadly thing on a battlefield is one well-aimed shot.” — Sgt. Carlos Hathcock

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    We have gone every year for the last 10 years. My wife really likes the trip. We are doing Jeep Invasion at the end of September this year. Staying in a VRBO on Upper Silver Lake this time. Usually stay at the Silver Stands Resort.

Your Gladiator should be a blast. You WILL get high centered on Test Hill! Take a strap and a buddy. Hopefully enough of the town is open that you can enjoy it.

Eat at the Chicken Shack, and then prime rib and lobster at the Open Hearth Grille and Bar. If MI is open for business, your wife may appreciate a drive up to Pentwater for shopping and dinner.

and yes, post pics!
    thanks for the ideas and food recommendations.

User Info Menu

Gladiator did great at the dunes. It’s only faults were the drivers! LOL Did “test hill” multiple times and was about 50% successful in the first attempt, never had any issue with the break over. It is a complete different driving mentality up there compared to what I’m use to around home. What a blast it was!!! My wife loved it and I never thought she would even consider doing it. Chased around a new Bronco they had up there “testing”. Here are few pics of our day. A88C13B7-BF2C-4BD5-9AF3-16FD54711D00.jpg8F5EA20E-5EFF-4F1B-BCE0-1BC3B7E596C7.jpg31F0EC8D-66A6-4712-A489-FFA38AE19C53.jpg8ABBFA56-CBAA-4156-84E0-4B468407C077.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grogmister View Post
    Gladiator did great at the dunes. It’s only faults were the drivers! LOL Did “test hill” multiple times and was about 50% successful in the first attempt, never had any issue with the break over. It is a complete different driving mentality up there compared to what I’m use to around home. What a blast it was!!! My wife loved it and I never thought she would even consider doing it. Chased around a new Bronco they had up there “testing”. Here are few pics of our day. A88C13B7-BF2C-4BD5-9AF3-16FD54711D00.jpg8F5EA20E-5EFF-4F1B-BCE0-1BC3B7E596C7.jpg31F0EC8D-66A6-4712-A489-FFA38AE19C53.jpg8ABBFA56-CBAA-4156-84E0-4B468407C077.jpg
    So cool! I gotta get up there one day! We had a Gladiator with our Jeep club on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway last weekend and it was thorougly impressive. It did much better on tight trails than I thought it would and the breakover angle only presented minor issues that line, wheel placement, and good spotting easily overcame. The departure angle didn't get in the way much, either, as the Jeep landed its hitch on a rock or ledge a couple times, so no harm was done and it just dragged it off. Overall, it was a beast off-road, just as the JL is. Plus, it carried gear like no other Jeep in the group could. It shrugged the weight of tools and gear off like it was nothing. We had to load it up because the Jeep TJ originally carrying the gear was hitting the bumpstops.

I came away a huge fan of this badass Jeep truck!
    Last edited by Principal Skinr; 08-03-2020 at 16:45.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Plinker

User Info Menu

Cousin wrecked her Jeep over the weekend. Distracted by her phone, reached to pick it up and rolled over. Thankfully she’s doing ok, but this is a good reminder to all to ignore the phone when driving! Especially millennials and gen Z, which she’s a member of.

https://i.postimg.cc/W4PgD9NX/0833-A...F96-D27-C2.jpg

User Info Menu

Ouch!

Yeah. Fondling your phone (phondling?) is now kinda illegal anyway. Worse, it has always been dangerous.

Glad your cousin is doing OK. No call, txt, or notification is worth a life, let alone worth replacing a vehicle.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

I finally got around to installing a Teraflex leveling kit onto my JKUR. I’ll post up a picture later.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mechmc17 View Post
    Cousin wrecked her Jeep over the weekend. Distracted by her phone, reached to pick it up and rolled over. Thankfully she’s doing ok, but this is a good reminder to all to ignore the phone when driving! Especially millennials and gen Z, which she’s a member of.

glad she is ok. I saw a rental Jeep and rental UTV leaving on the back of a hook. The rear wheels on that Jeep were in bad shape. Not sure what happened but there were a lot of sirens and lights for a bit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mechmc17 View Post

Glad she's ok. I had a young cousin who was killed in a car accident over the same kind of deal. I pray my kids don't make the same mistake.

User Info Menu

After watching several Jeeps bump front diffs on rocks on our last adventure, then watching a Gladiator with a rancho front diff glide plate slide right over them, I bit the builet and bought then installed the rancho plate on my JL. It only lost the thickness of the plate in grond clearance, which is very little.