• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I own a 99 Cherokee (box style, not Grand) and I have taken it up to Badlands in Attica a few times. It is still 100% stock, so I can't do much.

P1000231.jpg

It will be paid off in two months and I will start saving up for a lift kit.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Love the CJ, I want a TJ just to be able to put the top down and go doorless in summer. I still love my XJ in winter. I rarely have to use 4wd even in snow. I recently did the h4 headlight upgrade on my XJ. It is like night and day. Those stock sealed beam units sucked. I also added an upgraded wiring harness.

I am probably getting some 3" used add a leafs (which should lift it 2") and 2 inch spacers up front this year.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you are wanting to get into the whole "offroading" thing, check out the link to the Indiana 4WD Assoc. in my sig. There is at least one club in your area, and I know several Jeepers in the 'haute area (a couple are on INGO as well).

I really dig the look of a lifted XJ. I'd destroy one offroad, though. I'm way too hard on stuff!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I refuse to recognize any vehicle that wears the Jeep brand you cannot take the Top off of!

By the way I have a '78 CJ7...

Well, find me a Jeep that can take the top off in good shape with nothing major needing work for 2,000. That is how much I paid for my XJ.

I did help my friend do his brakes (new pads and rotors) on his JK Unlimited. I bought a breaker bar just in case. Glad I did as the bolts that held the brake pad holder on were put on with air tools or something. Ratchets and hitting the ratchets with rubber mallets did nothing. The 25" breaker bar I bought earlier that day and the socket to fit it unstuck the bolts in one second.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well, find me a Jeep that can take the top off in good shape with nothing major needing work for 2,000. That is how much I paid for my XJ.
    Fixing them up is half the fun of owning a Jeep...;)
    I did help my friend do his brakes (new pads and rotors) on his JK Unlimited. I bought a breaker bar just in case. Glad I did as the bolts that held the brake pad holder on were put on with air tools or something. Ratchets and hitting the ratchets with rubber mallets did nothing. The 25" breaker bar I bought earlier that day and the socket to fit it unstuck the bolts in one second.
    Leverage is a cruel mistress...
    And Corrosion is just a pain in the ass... :):

If I recall correctly the Brake Caliper is only Torqued down to 55 Foot Pounds of Torque...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's a pretty good deal! With a sawzall it COULD be topless!

Besides, everyone knows REAL Jeeps have ROUND headlights. :D

(just yanking the chain, BTW)
    Well ya!

Both mine have round headlights with tops that can be taking off. Although I am not allowed to take the Hard Top of my Wife's JK... :popcorn:
    I am also not allowed to take that one very far from the pavement... :(

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    The Beast!
    001-4.jpg

1965 Willy's CJ5. Roof was raised 2 inches(we're tall people) with a flipover top that can be locked, custom bumper with plow hook up, half doors, all windows are custom ordered plastic with snaps, on top of all that the entire body was sent and coated in bedliner except for the hood. Example of the liner can be seen in the next pic. Had the original 4cyl that ran terribly. Sold it due to excessive frame rust. Wish we would have kept it.

009-2.jpg

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    94 Cherokee
    Got the 2-door with the 5-speed. Jealous ;) ?

jeep1.jpg

I need help convincing my dad to allow me to put a 2-3" lift on it and 31-33's. Help me come up with good arguments.
    He keeps telling me I am gonna roll it.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    97 ZJ. Going to be adding a JK to the stable eventually...

This summers project on the ZJ is new hood, 3+ inch lift, and new exhaust from the motor back.

Top Bottom