Page 1 of 350 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Master

Any Jeepers in here?

I own a 99 Cherokee (box style, not Grand) and I have taken it up to Badlands in Attica a few times. It is still 100% stock, so I can't do much.

It will be paid off in two months and I will start saving up for a lift kit.

Oh, yeah! The Jeep brand is well represented.

My 2003 TJ and 1980 CJ-7.

I think LoveMachine on here is trying to organize an INGO Jeepers get-together this spring.
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

Danville Conservation Club | JPFrog Offroaders
    Indiana Four Wheel Drive Assoc.
    I make my own luck.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
    ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

I am more of a breaker than a jeeper

I guess I am going to have to put in a 4cyl when this motor goes bad.

Fellow 99' XJ driver here. Running a 2" lift now with 31s. Its a great riding vehicle. I will be going to a slightly larger lift and 33s here soon.

Master
    Love the CJ, I want a TJ just to be able to put the top down and go doorless in summer. I still love my XJ in winter. I rarely have to use 4wd even in snow. I recently did the h4 headlight upgrade on my XJ. It is like night and day. Those stock sealed beam units sucked. I also added an upgraded wiring harness.

I am probably getting some 3" used add a leafs (which should lift it 2") and 2 inch spacers up front this year.

I refuse to recognize any vehicle that wears the Jeep brand you cannot take the Top off of!

By the way I have a '78 CJ7...
    The reason I am Peaceful, is because I like Violence and Mayhem a little to much...

If you are wanting to get into the whole "offroading" thing, check out the link to the Indiana 4WD Assoc. in my sig. There is at least one club in your area, and I know several Jeepers in the 'haute area (a couple are on INGO as well).

I really dig the look of a lifted XJ. I'd destroy one offroad, though. I'm way too hard on stuff!
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

I make my own luck.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I refuse to recognize any vehicle that wears the Jeep brand you cannot take the Top off of!

By the way I have a '78 CJ7...
    Well, find me a Jeep that can take the top off in good shape with nothing major needing work for 2,000. That is how much I paid for my XJ.

I did help my friend do his brakes (new pads and rotors) on his JK Unlimited. I bought a breaker bar just in case. Glad I did as the bolts that held the brake pad holder on were put on with air tools or something. Ratchets and hitting the ratchets with rubber mallets did nothing. The 25" breaker bar I bought earlier that day and the socket to fit it unstuck the bolts in one second.

Quote Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
    Well, find me a Jeep that can take the top off in good shape with nothing major needing work for 2,000. That is how much I paid for my XJ.
    That's a pretty good deal! With a sawzall it COULD be topless!

Besides, everyone knows REAL Jeeps have ROUND headlights.

(just yanking the chain, BTW)
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

I make my own luck.

Fixing them up is half the fun of owning a Jeep...
    I did help my friend do his brakes (new pads and rotors) on his JK Unlimited. I bought a breaker bar just in case. Glad I did as the bolts that held the brake pad holder on were put on with air tools or something. Ratchets and hitting the ratchets with rubber mallets did nothing. The 25" breaker bar I bought earlier that day and the socket to fit it unstuck the bolts in one second.
    Leverage is a cruel mistress...
    And Corrosion is just a pain in the ass...

If I recall correctly the Brake Caliper is only Torqued down to 55 Foot Pounds of Torque...

The reason I am Peaceful, is because I like Violence and Mayhem a little to much...

Page 1 of 350 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast