• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Pretty much at least once a week now I see a Bald Eagle on my way home. Today was the first day I saw the nesting pair together. I love seeing these magnificent birds in their natural habitat! I've only captured cell phone images so far, hopefully one the weather gets a bit better (not as soggy) I can get some good pics with the real camera.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I always do a double-take when I see one of them--which hasn't been very often--because I'm so used to never seeing them. The last one I saw flew over my truck back in the fall as I was driving along the White River, down here in Lawrence County.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Weve got a couple up in here in Hobart. I love watching them glide thru the air especially on a windy day. Magnificent birds for sure

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I know of a nesting pair in Greenfield (the ones pictured), then I know of another nesting pair just north west of Morristown along the Blue River.

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    I have seen several around lately, this year after duck hunting we were standing in my buddies driveway when three flew past all at once just out of nowhere. Pretty awesome birds.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When I was a kid I only ever saw them in a zoo.

Yep. What a difference some conservation makes! I remember going on an "eagle watch" down at Lake Monroe when I was a kid. We saw two or three birds and it was a big deal! Now I see them more often than not whenever I go out birding, and it's almost to the point where I don't get excited about it anymore, although I will never NOT stop to watch them. :)

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I saw 2 up here in NWI on Saturday. I actually know where their nest is as well. I plan to go out and get some more pictures, the next day I have off and no plans. Saturday was the first time actually seeing them in the wild so i was pretty amazed at seeing them.

16124046524_9621af2253_c.jpg

16124046224_07cefc070c_c.jpg

sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I am just amazed by these things.

Weve got a couple up in here in Hobart. I love watching them glide thru the air especially on a windy day. Magnificent birds for sure

Where do you see them at in Hobart? My mom has many patrons at her bar tell her they see the birds by Lake George. We have searched there many times to no avail. My pictures above are from Gary. Would love to not have to travel as far to see these birds.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Here in Hamilton and Boone Co we've seen more this year than in any year I can remember. My neighbor got this picture of one that was hanging out at the end of his driveway one morning. They are pretty impressive creatures.
    image.jpg1_zps8xcgea6x.jpg

Last edited:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    We have a nesting pair with three little ones near where I work in Speedway IN. Their nest is less than a 1/4 mile from the Allison Transmission plant. Still amazes me to see them in that environment. Awesome creatures.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I know of three nests between Fort Wayne and Huntington. See the birds frequently on the SW side of Fort Wayne, where I work. Awesome critters to be sure.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Every time I see them, it seems I'm rushing to get to work or something, and don't have time to stop and take a pic. Heard there was one in our neighborhood the other day, neighbors are telling everyone to watch their cats. I wouldn't mind much if the herd of feral cats got thinned out a bit! I like seeing eagles and some other birds of prey.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Very cool to see them return to Indiana. They are beautiful.

I lived in Alaska when I was a kid. Where we lived, they were all over the place. I don't mean this to sound insulting, but they are truly scavengers - they will eat anything. They would concentrate around the garbage dumpsters all day. I don't remember seeing any when we went out into the countryside.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    We have a family of 4 living close to us - we see 2 of them at least once a week - theyre 2 adults and 2 younger smaller brown not bald yet - seen them teaching the younger ones to fish in the river behind my house - was a very cool experience - just returned home to one sitting in a sycamore on my river bank - he sat there as i walked down the steps to the back of the house about 70yds away - he looked at me then back to the river - wasnt even concerned I was there - when he did fly off his wingspread had to be 8' - huge bird - i took a pic - ill try to post it later - IMG_20150311_121658.jpg

Last edited:

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    There is a pair on nest about 2 miles east of Burlington headed toward Kokom9. There is a pond and their nest is over the pond and the creek
    It's a local eagle watching sight for everyone. We go there to take pics of them

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Drove past today and the eagle was landed out on the edge of the ice on a pond. Didn't stop to take pics bit still took a double take as I drove past.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I saw one hunting on the southside of Indy a couple of weeks ago. IT was beautiful to watch the bird make huge circles until he got right over head. I took a pic on my phone but it didn't focus enough to make anything out. I watched the bird for over 20 minutes.
    I'm getting used to seeing them on a regular basis now.
    Before I had to get close to Monroe or Morgan/Monroe forest before seeing them in the last 20 years.

Top Bottom