• Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    TIME IS GETTING SHORT. GIVE INPUT TODAY

The hearings will be:

• Monday, March 16, 5:30 p.m. at Spring Mill State Park, 3333 S.R. 60 E., Mitchell.
    • Tuesday, March 17, 3:30 p.m. at The Garrison Conference Center, Fort Harrison State Park, 5753 Glenn Road, Indianapolis.
    • Wednesday, March 25, 5:30 p.m. at the DNR Northeast Regional Office, 1353 Governors Dr., Columbia City.

Public comments can be submitted online at

www.in.gov/nrc/2377.htm

. Locate the “comment on this rule” link in the Rules Docket for the Fish & Wildlife Biennial Rules Amendment Package.

Comments also can be mailed to:

Natural Resources Commission
    Indiana Government Center South
    100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2200

The deadline for submitting public comments is midnight March 25.

[DNR] Public hearings set for proposed fish, wildlife rule changes - 2/4/2015 - State of Indiana

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Rifles_Shot_Down.jpg

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    .... I'm so disappointed on so many levels. They provided solid evidence, yet get shot down by moronic ideas that centerfire rifles will kill off all the deer and cause incidents of accidents to go up, which are completely unfounded.
    My deer rifle dreams are crushed... Sigh, guess I better save up to buy a lever gun in 357/44.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    This is kind of a bummer. Still have my fingers crossed that this not going to be the case. Didn't sell off my other "legal" calibers that I already had. I was thinking that the DNR was suppose to officially release the information for this and other items that were up for change in the middle of the month? Maybe it just arrived earlier than expected?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    "While many people are interested in using these centerfire rifles, we found out that many people are not interested and strongly oppose their use. Therefore, the DFW does not recommend approval of this change."

What kind of backward-ass logic is that?

If you personally are "not interested" in using a modern centerfire rifle to hunt whitetail, DON'T!

If this indeed is dead, I'd be willing to bet a box of 30-06 ammo that the Bowhunt Mafia in this state put up strong opposition, but letters from urban **non-hunters** spurred by stories in newspapers like IndyStar and the NIMBY/Shannon Watts brigade probably tipped the scales against us.

But hey, at least we in Indiana could join the rest of states that enact stupid anti-outdoorsman policies based on feelings instead of facts, regional experience, and precedent.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks to me like those of us who would like to see new centerfire rifle calibers approved need to work on our communication, messaging and education skills. Pointing fingers, calling names and generally degrading the opposition to our opinion doesn't seem to have worked? Hmm...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    well those of us who are for this change need to mobilize and fight until change is adopted. If everyone else in the society can scream and get things done their way we should as well. We need to organize and do something like boycott purchasing tags for a year. Something along those lines.

It is funny how many non-hunters have no idea this is even taking place. Who are all these apposed? I bet the majority are the hard core bow hunters....and I am a bow hunter myself. Frustrates me so bad....I was dreaming of using my 35 Remington without shortening the case.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Looks to me like those of us who would like to see new centerfire rifle calibers approved need to work on our communication, messaging and education skills. Pointing fingers, calling names and generally degrading the opposition to our opinion doesn't seem to have worked? Hmm...

I think that you have that backwards. Those OPPOSED to rifles for deer are the ones who need education and need to stop thinking so lowly of their fellow hunters as to think that everyone is a hillbilly slob in the woods.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    "While many people are interested in using these centerfire rifles, we found out that many people are not interested and strongly oppose their use. Therefore, the DFW does not recommend approval of this change."

What kind of backward-ass logic is that?

If you personally are "not interested" in using a modern centerfire rifle to hunt whitetail, DON'T!

If this indeed is dead, I'd be willing to bet a box of 30-06 ammo that the Bowhunt Mafia in this state put up strong opposition, but letters from urban **non-hunters** spurred by stories in newspapers like IndyStar and the NIMBY/Shannon Watts brigade probably tipped the scales against us.

But hey, at least we in Indiana could join the rest of states that enact stupid anti-outdoorsman policies based on feelings instead of facts, regional experience, and precedent.

i guess the criteria for passing a proposal has changed. They have always told me that they don't count the number of for and against input, just judge the content of input. My guess is that that politics raised its ugly head....

Top Bottom