Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rules for out of season coyotes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by possumpacker View Post
    legal to hunt as stated above but cant sell trade or barter any part of a coyote such as hide claws teeth or testicals out of season.
    It may also be illegal to possess an untanned hide after the close of fur season (not sure on date - it's 2-4 weeks after end of trapping/hunting furbearer season)
    This makes sense though, because, (1) pelts out fo season are crappy to begin with, (2) you're asking about what would be called nuisance coyotes -- by definition they are not being sought after for their pelts.

Personally, I don't like to shoot something, and just let it lay and rot -- but out of season coyotes may be an exception I could live with.

anyone feel free to post the verbage from the DNR regulations, this is all off the top of my head
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

User Info Menu

season is oct 15 thru mar15. pelts can be kept till may15. you can buy a permit to keep till sometime in june or just get taxidermy license and posess year around
    "dont need a rifle, i've shot many a sassy bandit with just my pistole"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beeeman View Post
    Is there a market for the testicles??
    not sure bout that but the last 6inches of the poop shute with the anal glands attached is marketable.
    "dont need a rifle, i've shot many a sassy bandit with just my pistole"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by possumpacker View Post
    not sure bout that but the last 6inches of the poop shute with the anal glands attached is marketable.
    Now that is one of the best sentences I have read on INGO in quite some time....The fact that your moniker is "possumpacker" is icing on the cake...

All I can say is "Them wealthy Chinese Businessmen will eat about anything for a Woodrow..."
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

See coyote, dead coyote.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

I keep sparing them, hoping they'll thin down Pop's cat population. They HAVE been up on his back porch eating cat FOOD, but so far, cats, not so much...
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2