• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Rules for out of season coyote CALLING?

Can someone please post a link to official regulations about taking coyotes out of season? My primary question is whether or not calling is allowed. Thanks!

Last edited:

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Saw that thread, was more confused after I read it.. Any links to actual dnr regulations?
    Specifically with regards to calling.

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Remember, if it isn't listed as prohibited, then it is legal. A good example of this is sound suppressors. When they became legal for hunting, they removed the wording that said they were prohibited, but never added anything saying they were allowed.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    legal to hunt as stated above but cant sell trade or barter any part of a coyote such as hide claws teeth or testicals out of season.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    legal to hunt as stated above but cant sell trade or barter any part of a coyote such as hide claws teeth or testicals out of season.

It may also be illegal to possess an untanned hide after the close of fur season (not sure on date - it's 2-4 weeks after end of trapping/hunting furbearer season)
    This makes sense though, because, (1) pelts out fo season are crappy to begin with, (2) you're asking about what would be called nuisance coyotes -- by definition they are not being sought after for their pelts.

Personally, I don't like to shoot something, and just let it lay and rot -- but out of season coyotes may be an exception I could live with.

anyone feel free to post the verbage from the DNR regulations, this is all off the top of my head

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    season is oct 15 thru mar15. pelts can be kept till may15. you can buy a permit to keep till sometime in june or just get taxidermy license and posess year around

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    not sure bout that but the last 6inches of the poop shute with the anal glands attached is marketable.

Now that is one of the best sentences I have read on INGO in quite some time....The fact that your moniker is "possumpacker" is icing on the cake...

All I can say is "Them wealthy Chinese Businessmen will eat about anything for a Woodrow...":)

Top Bottom