• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have read a lot on here and other places but I am wanting to find out some first hand experience on them. I am looking to spend between $100-$150 on a trail cam. Right now I have a wild game that I bought at rural king for about $60 and I am not happy with it. The shutter speed is slow (none adjustable)and the night pictures suck. Can you please post day and night pictures and what make and model it is? What do you like about it and what do you hate about it? Thanks for the help.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We run about a dozen Bushnell Trophy Cams at the farm. They seem to do pretty well, the pics are decent and the batteries last quite awhile. We've had a couple get completely submerged when the creek floods and survive and we've had one that took on water even though it wasn't submerged. Customer service has been pretty good, sent one in last year that still took video but quit taking pictures and they sent a brand new one even though the old one was out of warranty.

I wouldn't own anything made by Wild Game Nation if they paid me to use it.

EK001308_zpsgzv4woxp.jpg

EK000399_zpstjp1rkgj.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I use the Primos Truth Cam and like them... Take good pics day and night and battery's last good... They are a little over $100. .. Just don't run them on Video they will eat up batterys , but I pre-fur pics over video myself...

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    View attachment 41085 View attachment 41086 View attachment 41087

These are from my Browning Dark Ops. 100% no glow at night. Daytime pics are extraordinary but as can be expected with a no glow cam the night pics are a tad bit grainy. Takes lighting fast pics with really good recovery time. I had to go from my normal 3 shot burst that I used on my Moultrie to just single shots on the Browning cam it was taking pics so fast. For $149.99 you cant beat this cam. Only downside ive found is it uses batteries a tad bit faster than my old moultries. Im getting a little over three months but I think that may be due to the fact I use cheap generic dollar general AA's. I haven't tried any others yet but plan on it to see if battery life improves more. The Browning Strike Force is the sister cam to this one with the exception its a regular red glow cam and its about 30 bucks cheaper. Just a side note. In the first pic look right past the bucks right antler at the turkey on the log.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I use the same stealthcam as mom45 as a result.of her thread asking the same thing. I have nothing to compare it to but I really like it. Pics are great. Videos are pretty good as well. Kids love seeing the wildlife.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have 7-9 cameras out most of the time, another vote for Stealth cams.

Those are nice pictures phylo, not hard to guess where you'll be hunting.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have 7-9 cameras out most of the time, another vote for Stealth cams.

Those are nice pictures phylo, not hard to guess where you'll be hunting.

The top pic was the last time we saw that buck, not sure where he went but I'm hoping he makes a return come November. The bottom buck didn't show up on the farm until December of last year but he's turned out pretty nice. Hopefully he'll stick around for my hunting partner to put an arrow through him.

Top Bottom